Corel Paint Shop Pro

Moderator: Kathy_9

bekkilyn
operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit

Re: PaintShop Pro 2022 Update 1

Post by bekkilyn »

Ken Berry wrote: ↑Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:44 pm I suspect it takes quite some time. Well, it did for me. The first time I tried it, I waited and waited and then cancelled. Same thing happened the second time, but I had to leave my office for a while and when I came back, the installation was underway. So I don't know exactly how long the delay is. But let it go for as long as you can stand.

I'll be interested, though, to hear what experience others have had in this regard...
I think the cancelling before it was done messed up some of my files because I was going to try repairing and it said that the setup file couldn't be found. I had to uninstall via the registry and then install everything again. So now that it is back to normal, I have started the update process again and will just keep waiting for the rest of the evening and on into the night if necessary :)

Will post again if/when it ever finishes!
bekkilyn

Post by bekkilyn »

It's five and a half hours later and the update is still at the same point as it was before, at least that I can see. If it's been doing anything in the background, I have no idea, but I don't think it's supposed to take this long? I'll leave it be at least until tomorrow morning and see if anything changes.
Ken Berry
Site Admin
operating_system: Windows 11
motherboard: Gigabyte B550M DS3H AC
processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
ram: 32 GB DDR4
Video Card: AMD RX 6600 XT
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1 TB SSD + 2 TB HDD
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Kogan 32" 4K 3840 x 2160
Corel programs: VS 2021; PSP 2022; MS3D; ASP 3; DRAW2021

Post by Ken Berry »

Yes, that's also what happened to me. First off I had the problem I just reported i.e. waited a while then cancelled, then tried again, and this time it at least started installing the update. But when it got to 12% it gave an error message about a missing file in AppData. The problem was that while I still had the old 32 bit version working, the update had appeared to start removing the 64 bit version to make way for the new updated version. So in the end I had to uninstall what was left of the existing version, then reinstall it, then apply the update, but this time knowing just to let it take its time before it started working...

In the meantime, while I was typing this, I see you have posted again: and no, five and a half hours is not good. Once I had waited and the installation started, it took only about 10 minutes to complete.
Ken Berry
Zantara
processor: i5-2100 3 10 Ghz
ram: 12Gb DDR4
Video Card: Intel UHD graphics 620
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 256SSD 1TB
Corel programs: From PSPX2 to PSP2022

Post by Zantara »

It is really weird. I downloaded Update 1 a couple of hours ago and no problems at all (Dutch version). PSP 2022 seems to be working fine after update as well. They even finally changed the language of the download button from German into Dutch. :D
Did you update from the pop-up which you get when shutting down PSP 2022 or did you go to the Corel Update page?
I know from previous version updates that updating from within PSP itself can cause problems, whereas if you download from their update page, it usually goes well. Don't know why.
Kathy_9
Site Admin
processor: 8th Generation Intel Core i7 8700 3 20 GHz
ram: 16GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 [6 GB GDDR6 dedicated]
sound_card: NVIDIA High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 2TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: HP EliteDisplay E243m 23.8-inch
Corel programs: PSPX2 ~2022; Painter 2018~22

Post by Kathy_9 »

I took a different approach and completely uninstalled PSP2022 and then reinstalled using my original install exe file. The subsequent version that installed included Update 1 as Corel updated the version on their server. The entire process was painless and took no time at all.
PSPX9 v. 19.0.0.96; PSP2019 v. 21.1.0.22; PSP2020 v. 22.2.0.8; PSP2021 v. 23.1.0.27; PSP2022 v. 24.1.0.27 & PhotoMirage installed;PSPX ver. 10.10; PSPX2 thru PSP2018 owned but not installed
http://www.flickr.com/photos/37153430@N03/
Zeitreisender
Corel programs: PSP 2022 x64

Post by Zeitreisender »

Yes, Katy, the same for me. When I installed my Windows 11 Pro cleanly today, I wanted to download patch 1 as a precaution. Wasted effort! πŸ˜‚ I was able to delete patch 1 again. More space on the SSD again, it's cool πŸ˜πŸ‘
bekkilyn

Post by bekkilyn »

Just to answer one of the questions, I tried installing both from inside PSP and also from the update page with the same result.

So what I ended up doing was uninstalling every Corel program and then going into the registry and deleting as much of the Corel remnants I could find as well as using a couple of registry cleaners and deep software uninstallers. This morning I just re-installed the entire program and restored my purchases and it says "no update available".

If this issue happens to me again, I'll just go directly to the complete uninstall and reinstall since it seems that the new installs include all the updates automatically.

I do wish I knew what the problem was that was preventing the update to behave normally though.
splash3313
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1tb

Post by splash3313 »

I think the reason for the long start up of the update installer is:

1) It has to undergo a verification by microsoft in background

2) PC might be slow

3) People customise their version of Paintshop pro. So requires to save all the changes you made to paintshop pro and migrade them as update is going on.

4) It has to patch 2 versions at the same time 32bit and 64 bit.

Update should not take anything near 40 minutes plus. Which leads me to say that people who update from a clean install install are quick due to non customisation. Or it could be the installer they use is conf;licting with something on your PC. I after pressing update inside paintshop pro and it seeming to do something exited paintshop pro maybe that would help some peoiple.