Paintshop Pro 2020 strokes vanishing bug?

Corel Paint Shop Pro

Moderator: Kathy_9

Yui
operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit

Paintshop Pro 2020 strokes vanishing bug?

Post by Yui »

I have Paintshop Pro 2020, and whenever I switch between tools - especially paintbrush, but eraser, smudge and other tools also have this happen - particularly when I then return back to that tool, a random amount of my previous strokes just vanish. They undo themselves. Sometimes using undo or redo will repair the missing strokes, other times it only partly fixes it or has no effect.

It makes NO sense, but it also makes it basically impossible to use Paintshop Pro, because I’m constantly redoing my work over and over, and if it removes something I don’t notice, there’s no telling how long I’ll go without seeing it/I might miss a minor error entirely. It behaves very much like I’m trying to work with vectors and an anchor point is missing or something, except I’m using raster tools on raster layers. What is happening??

I talked to support, they first told me to wipe all the data and try fresh, that failed. then they said 'uninstall and reinstall', that still failed. At this point, it seems like maybe it's not even a bug but some kind of a feature that's somehow on? I use a tablet, not a mouse, it's a VEIKK tablet.
LeviFiction
Advisor
motherboard: Alienware M17xR4
processor: Intel Core i7-3630QM CPU - 2_40GH
ram: 6 GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M
sound_card: Sound Blaster Recon3Di
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 500GB
Corel programs: PSP: 8, 9, X, XI, X2, X8,X9, 2018, 2019

Re: Paintshop Pro 2020 strokes vanishing bug?

Post by LeviFiction »

Sounds like an old bug that we used to see. The next time it happens, just zoom in and out a little. Do the lines come back?
Yui

Post by Yui »

I will test and see-

oh wow! It DOES. What is this bug? Since it just comes back when I zoom in and out it's not destructive, but what exactly is happening? Is it fixable?
LeviFiction
Advisor
motherboard: Alienware M17xR4
processor: Intel Core i7-3630QM CPU - 2_40GH
ram: 6 GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M
sound_card: Sound Blaster Recon3Di
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 500GB
Corel programs: PSP: 8, 9, X, XI, X2, X8,X9, 2018, 2019

Post by LeviFiction »

Essentially it's a re-draw bug. Technically it was supposed to have been fixed already. It originally popped up around x5 or x6. I think the last time I saw or read anything about it was with X8. And zooming in and out was our workaround. I don't know if any settings were ever found to help deal with it.

I'm afraid I just don't know enough about the bug to offer any suggestions as to why it's appearing on your computer. This requires advanced technical support with one of the actual engineers not the standard phone support people who have you go through scripted steps only.
migf1
operating_system: Windows 8.1

Post by migf1 »

I've never noticed this bug with brushes, but I certainly have with vector text. The workaround is the same: zoom in or out a little.
Good Unofficial PaintShop Pro Tutorials: Creation CasselMake Shop ProHEC Image EditingLeviFiction PSP Basics
(plus my own Gimp & Stuff)