Still NOT fixed PSP problem in 3840x2160, WHY!?

Corel Paint Shop Pro

Moderator: Kathy_9

Eurostar27
operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: Asus Maximus VIII HERO
processor: Intel i7-6700K
ram: 32GB
Video Card: Asus GTX980 Ti
sound_card: On Board
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1-48TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: DELL 27 UHD
Corel programs: PSP X8 64/32bit

Still NOT fixed PSP problem in 3840x2160, WHY!?

Post by Eurostar27 »

Are the Corel PSP software programmers just totally ignorant or what? I have been telling Corel about this problem for years and years! I wish I had NOT upgraded to PSP2021. 4K editing is the norm for photo editing. And yet for years I have not been able to use PSP in 4K, because the editing pop-up boxes are NOT displaying properly. Example, Brightness and Contrast, the pop-up editing box appears, with half the editing sliders missing, or half in the box and half outside. These editing boxes can NOT be resized. I am totally convinced that COREL do NOT listen to anybody about bugs with their software. I WISH THAT I NEVER BOTHERED TO UPGRADE!!! WILL COREL READ THIS POST, absolutely NOT!
PSP X8 x64/32 (18.2.0.61)
LeviFiction
Advisor
motherboard: Alienware M17xR4
processor: Intel Core i7-3630QM CPU - 2_40GH
ram: 6 GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M
sound_card: Sound Blaster Recon3Di
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 500GB
Corel programs: PSP: 8, 9, X, XI, X2, X8,X9, 2018, 2019

Re: Still NOT fixed PSP problem in 3840x2160, WHY!?

Post by LeviFiction »

Well, they might but it's unknown for sure if they will or not. Joseph and Eric have both not just read but also responded to people on this forum before. Though those are rare occurrences. This, after all, isn't a place to contact Corel. And they have constantly claimed to have made changes and improvements to the UI specifically for 4K. What exactly those are or why it's still not functional for you, can't say. This is a user to user board after all. Have you tried contacting Corel and yelling at them on social media or on the phone?

This is why I wait for the trial before I buy any software. Have you considered joining the beta to provide specific examples, and issues, directly to the development team?
Radim
operating_system: Windows 8
32bit or 64bit: 32 Bit

Post by Radim »

Eurostar27 wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:48 pm
Are the Corel PSP software programmers just totally ignorant or what? I have been telling Corel about this problem for years and years! I wish I had NOT upgraded to PSP2021. 4K editing is the norm for photo editing. And yet for years I have not been able to use PSP in 4K, because the editing pop-up boxes are NOT displaying properly. Example, Brightness and Contrast, the pop-up editing box appears, with half the editing sliders missing, or half in the box and half outside. These editing boxes can NOT be resized. I am totally convinced that COREL do NOT listen to anybody about bugs with their software. I WISH THAT I NEVER BOTHERED TO UPGRADE!!! WILL COREL READ THIS POST, absolutely NOT!
Can you make a few screens of full resolution (4K) with some problematic areas? I therefore don't buy 4K monitor, only 2K precise problems with many programs. :?
Ken Berry
Site Admin
motherboard: Intel NUC7i7BNB J31145-306
processor: Core i7-7567U + 32 GB Optane
ram: 16 GB
Video Card: Intel Iris Plus 650
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 2TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Kogan 32" 4K 3840 x 2160
Corel programs: VS 2020; PSP 2020; MS3D; ASP 3; DRAW 17

Post by Ken Berry »

I have a 4K Intel NUC and a 4K 32" monitor. I set Win 10 to 150% magnification when I got the NUC, and in PSP 2021 have increased the sizes of fonts etc in User Interface. I also have PSP 2020 on this computer set up the same way. I have not been aware of the problems you mention, though could be missing something.

I attach a screenshot of the Brightness & Contrast box which appears for me. I am wondering if you think something is missing from it. I have not done anything special to produce this image, by the way: just opened PSP, opened an image, and then opened the Brightness and Contrast box...
Attachments
4K PSP.jpg
Ken Berry