Moderator: Kathy_9

lynnesm
operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
Corel programs: Paintshop Pro 2018

Creating photobooks

Post by lynnesm »

I frequently use Blurb to print photobooks. I have used their software in the past, but they've made some changes and I'm not as happy with it anymore. Is there a way to use PaintShop Pro to make photobooks ... and then I'd simply be able to upload the file to Blurb for printing? I'd welcome any other suggestions or workarounds. Blurb offers a plugin for Abode Lightroom In-Design - wish they had one that was compatible with Paintshop.

I'm using Painstshop 2018.
Cassel
operating_system: Windows 7 Home Premium
ram: 8Gb
Corel programs: PSP 8 (JASC) to PSP X9

Re: Creating photobooks

Post by Cassel »

Do you have the exact measurements that Blurb is using? From those specs, you should be able to create a "template" sort of, to add your own photos.
Cassel
http://creationcassel.com/store
Specializing in PSP specific products: scripts and tubes

http://scrapbookcampus.com
for beginner and seasoned scrappers and designers
pdxrjt
operating_system: Windows 10
processor: Intel Core i7 - 4.2 GHz
ram: 32 GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
sound_card: NVIDIA High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 10TB Int.
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Acer 32 inch x2
Corel programs: Paint Shop Pro 2018

Re: Creating photobooks

Post by pdxrjt »

Sorry, I haven't used Blurb. But I use Shutterfly. You may find that Shutterfly is pretty easy to use and the pages permit a fair amount of customization. I have also made "pages" for my Shutterfly books in PSP. On the Shutterfly website you can download page templates for their books (in PS format.) I then use those templates to create a blank page (which I cleverly call, for example, "Blank 8x10 Shutterfly Book" or "Blank 8x10 Shutterfly Front Cover." Then I open my blank, resave it under a different name (Front Cover for European Vacation 2017 for example) and do what I want to with it. I often use the blanks to make a blended collage, add text etc. Otherwise the pages in Shutterfly allow me to do what I want to with my photos and text. Fair warning, there are a limited number of fonts (quite a few, but not limitless) to create your text in basic Shutterfly so if you really want a specific font which they don't offer it can be a pain. Also, the default setting for adding photos is "auto correct" so you have to go in and check "no correction" for each photo (a bit of a pain.) But in terms of resizing, moving, adding or subtracting photos and text, choosing backgrounds etc., the basic Shutterfly Page can do it all.
Adverts for Corel products when you close PSP don't bother me.