ram: 32 GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
sound_card: NVIDIA High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 10TB Int.
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Acer 32 inch x2
Corel programs: Paint Shop Pro 2018

Disappearing Palettes

Post by pdxrjt »

I just got a new computer and also upgraded the size of my primary monitor. I installed PSPx8 Ultimate and opened my workspace (which I had saved from my old computer.) The palettes, which I used to have open on my second screen, were all bunched in the upper right hand corner of my primary monitor. As I grabbed them and moved them over to the second screen, they disappeared?!? When I closed and reopened PSP they were gone. However, I can reopen my saved workspace and they are back.....bunched in the upper right hand corner. Again, moving them caused them to close. Any thoughts or ideas about how to rectify this situation? Many thanks.
Last edited by pdxrjt on Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adverts for Corel products when you close PSP don't bother me.
LeviFiction
Advisor
operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: Alienware M17xR4
processor: Intel Core i7-3630QM CPU - 2_40GH
ram: 6 GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M
sound_card: Sound Blaster Recon3Di
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 500GB
Corel programs: PSP: 8, 9, X, XI, X2, X8,X9, 2018, 2019

Re: Disappearing Palettes

Post by LeviFiction »

If you reset the workspace to factory defaults do the palettes still disappear if you move them to your second monitor?
pdxrjt
processor: Intel Core i7 - 4.2 GHz

Post by pdxrjt »

Yes they do.
Forriner
motherboard: ASUS Z170M-PLUS
processor: Intel Core i5-6400
ram: 16 GB
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1250 GB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Philips Brilliance 272b 2560 × 1440

Post by Forriner »

Have you checked Windows 10 display settings, under Settings/System/Display. Maybe the top option, Size of text, apps etc. is the problem?
I initially had problems with the second display because for some reason, Windows 10 defaulted to 125% for it. Not only PSP but for everything.
pdxrjt

Post by pdxrjt »

In Win 10 (my main monitor is quite large and my secondary is one of the older pair I was using) has the second monitor set for 100% and doesn't go any higher. My NVIDIA control panel allows me to pick different resolutions and I picked a slightly smaller resolution so the print would appear larger. I have another program where I also place tools on the second monitor and will likely try that in a day or so (I haven't installed it yet, it is a real pain to do!) Thanks for the thought
pdxrjt

Post by pdxrjt »

After several weeks of being told various ways to reinstall my software, Corel finally did a controlled take-over of my computer. While I found a vague reference (beyond what was above) to resolution, nothing concrete came up. Got a "push" in the right direction and found I could move my palettes to the second monitor when the percent of the main monitor was set to 100% (which meant everything was tiny on my screen and virtually unusable.) However, I found that with the main set to 100% I could arrange the palettes on my second monitor which is always set to 100%) Then by shutting down PSP, resetting the display to 200% and rebooting, it seems that the palettes will in fact appear on the second screen. However, any attempt to move or resize the palettes results in a disappearance. (They do work however, just don't try and move them!!) Also, if you reset the screen (say to 175%) and open PSP the palettes will be there, but "rearranged"--on top of one another or partially off the screen etc. Finally, it does no good to save it as a workspace. If you are set to say 200%, move a palette and, after it disappears, call up the newly saved workspace, nothing happens. So I may continue to look into it, but am pretty tired of it for today! However, at least PSP is quasi functional for now. (as an aside, none of my other programs either for photography or music have this issue.) As a slight post script, the Corel Support Staff person noted Corel was not ready for big monitors...... I hope they get with the program soon!