Pictures in DVD look out of focus

dcsmith

Pictures in DVD look out of focus

Post by dcsmith »

I recently purchased PS v4 and started to use it. I thought I was going to be able to produce a very excellent DVD, but I was sadly mistaken.

My source JPEGs were shot on a Canon EOS 450D (12.2MP) in RAW format. The pictures were then cropped to 4x3 (3x4) size for TV output and converted to standard 350 dpi JPEG "medium" quality. Each picture is about 1MB in size. The detail in the JPEGs is great. However, after processing the JPEGs with Picture Show, each picture looks slightly out of focus.

Does anybody know what the output resolution of Picture Show is?

What could be causing these pictures to look out of focus?
michaeltee
Advisor
operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: HP 82F1
processor: Intel Core I5 7400 3 GHz
ram: 16 GB DC
Video Card: Intel HD Graphics 630
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 2TB Hybrid
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Samsung S24D300
Corel programs: Installed: PS Pro 2021, VS Ultimate 2020

Post by michaeltee »

If you're creating your slideshow in DVD format, DVDPS4 will (by default) resize your image files to comply with the NTSC 4:3 (720x480 pixels) television standard. This is regardless of the input size of your original files. Any output format other than DVD (VCD or SVCD for example) will result in lower resolution. Check to make sure your "output selection" (bottom left corner of "1 Organize" screen) is set to DVD before you begin a new project. This will ensure that your slideshow is created at the maximum available resolution.