32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
processor: Intel Core i7 Q720 1.60GHz 8CPUs
ram: 8192MB
Video Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Generic PnP Moniter

WinDVD Pro 11 Blu Ray Problems

Post by rl1993 »

I purchased WinDVD Pro 11 in late 2012 so that I could play Blu-Rays from my laptop, running Windows 8 Pro 64bit. It was working perfectly for a while then randomly in mid 2013 it just stopped working. DVDs still play fine but whenever I insert a Blu-Ray it plays about 5 seconds of all the warning stuff and promos before the menu, then cuts out and comes up with the error message "Your display environment does not support protected content playback". This confused me because when I looked into it I found this page (http://corel.force.com/index/articles/e ... Ray-Movies) which states that's either I'm trying to play from 2 monitors at once which I'm not, or my monitor has HDCP Copy Protection which wouldn't make sense as It used to work perfectly fine. All of their solutions involve trying different connection cables which I can't as it's a Laptop Monitor. I've tried re-installing the software, updating all my drivers, running in compatibility mode, but nothing works. I would try tech support but apparently nothing comes free from Corel even after paying for software and I don't want to spend $20 just to be told that they can't help me over the phone.

I normally just give up and use my Blu-Ray player, but once every few months when I'm away it starts to bug me again. I would really appreciate any help, especially from Corel if they know how to fix this.
lata
Site Admin
operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC A88XM-A USB 3 1 Rev X 0x
processor: 4 10 gigahertz AMD A10-7890K Radeon R7
ram: 16 gb
Video Card: on board
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 500 SSD
Monitor/Display Make & Model: LG W2242 [Monitor]
Corel programs: CVSX10, 18, 19, 20, PSP, PI, MS3D

Re: WinDVD Pro 11 Blu Ray Problems

Post by lata »

Hi rl1993

I had some problems in using Win DVD 11 to play Bluray folders.

I had trialled the program (TBYB) which worked ok, after purchase the program Not the same as you are experiencing but still problems.

By the way the Trial version is not the same as the Purchased version as that includes service pack updates. (1 and 2 I think)

At present I believe I am using the trial download, activated using my serial numbers.

I have to say I am running Windows 7 which may be different to Windows 8.

You could try downloading the Trial version to see if that works ok, as far as I know you can activate that program and apply the service packs if required.

For me the service packs make things worse.

No Corel employees monitor these forums but Corel do have a Facebook account that seems to be staffed by Corel employees who do reply to your questions.
Regards Trevor
DVDDoug

Re: WinDVD Pro 11 Blu Ray Problems

Post by DVDDoug »

"Your display environment does not support protected content playback". This confused me because when I looked into it I found this page (http://corel.force.com/index/articles/e ... Ray-Movies) which states that's either I'm trying to play from 2 monitors at once which I'm not, or my monitor has HDCP Copy Protection which wouldn't make sense as It used to work perfectly fine.
That message means that your monitor is not HDPC compliant. But, since it used to work, and I assume it's a modern laptop that is HDPC compliant, I have no clue why WinDVD is getting the wrong message.

I there is an external video port on your computer, try disabling it.

There is a hack for playing Blu-Ray on for VLC (FREE!!!) but when I tried it, it didn't work.
[size=92][i]Head over heels,
No time to think.
It's like the whole world's
Out of... sync.[/i]
- Head Over Heels, The Go-Gos.[/size]