Stock Multi Search [Updated]

Moderator: Kathy_9

migf1
operating_system: Windows 8.1
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit

Stock Multi Search [Updated]

Post by migf1 »

Most of us wait for LeviStock (the preview was plain awesome) but in the meantime I'm posting the one I talked about on the other topic. Finally made it and btw I think I like Tkinter. Anyway, I also put together as short video as a Quick Guide, both for default usage and customization via editing.

I think it works fine, if not please let me know (there is a short ReadMe file in the zip). The script should be placed in the Trusted Scripts folder, because it opens the web browser.

EDIT : What's New (v0.95):
* Site selections are remembered for the next use ("settings folder" link added to the main-window)
* Sites now have a context-menu (right-click) for Individual Search regardless of current selections
* Sites context-menu also offers additional options for quick selections (This only/All but this)
* OK button bound to the Return key / Cancel button to the Escape key
* Context sensitive descriptions on mouseover
* Updated looks (various font sizes & colors, mouseover effects, etc)

migf1-StockMultiSearch-v095.png
Description (v0.90):
Once run, the script usage is straight forward. Select the sites to search on, type in your search keys and hit the OK button. The results will be displayed in separate tabs into your Web browser (one tab per selected site). From there, using your browser you can copy or open images directly into PSP, or download them to your hard disk.
Video on YouTube (v0.90) - 3:53:

D/L v0.95 (LATEST) 30k cause the screenshot is contained in the zip:
Stock Multi Search v0.95 (trusted) migf1.zip
(30.32 KiB) Downloaded 10 times

D/L v0.90 (1st version)
Stock Multi Search (trusted) migf1.zip
(5.51 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
Last edited by migf1 on Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Good Unofficial PaintShop Pro Tutorials: Creation CasselMake Shop ProHEC Image EditingLeviFiction PSP Basics
(plus my own Gimp & Stuff)
migf1
operating_system: Windows 8.1
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit

Re: Stock Multi Search [Updated]

Post by migf1 »

For the past few days I'm using this script as a Guinea pig, trying to familiarize myself with Tkinter mostly, but also with python and PspScripting. Along the way some usability improvements also came up, so I updated the 1st post with a new version. I kept the original version too, just in case.

Among other things, the new version remembers the site selections by saving a file in your Documents\Corel PaintShop Pro\migf1\ folder.

The full name of that file is:
C:\Users\[your-user-name]\Documents\Corel PaintShop Pro\migf1\StockMultiSearch.lastused

It can be safely deleted, since it gets re-created when you run the script (if it's missing). I just let you know, so you don't freak out when you see it. It's just a plain csv text file (comma separated values) containing the site-selections (checkboxes status) from your previous usage of the script.
Good Unofficial PaintShop Pro Tutorials: Creation CasselMake Shop ProHEC Image EditingLeviFiction PSP Basics
(plus my own Gimp & Stuff)