Post by LeviFiction »

Script Name: Advanced Paste
Download Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RzHMNE ... sp=sharing
Compatability: X4 - 2020
Requirements: Place in Scripts-Trusted Folder
Video Demo: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vhaeDZ ... sp=sharing
Version:0.1.1
Description:

Please note I am not able to record a video tonight, but I will try to do one tomorrow.

This script attempts to offer better support for pasting in images from different sources directly into PSP. The three main categories are:
1) Files and Folders - Just copy a file or folder from Windows Explorer then run one of the two scripts and those images will be loaded as layers or as new images

2) Transparent images from various sources - Copying transparent images from a web browser and other editors like The GIMP is now completely possible. While I cannot guarantee parody with all programs that copy and paste transparent images, this should make it possible to use a few.

3) Text - You can now take text from any other program and paste it as a brand new text object. Formatting will unfortunately be lost, and it'll use your last used text tool settings. But it's a quick and easy way to add a text object without having to use the Text tool.

All there of these options can be pasted as New Layers or as New Images. If neither of these three options are found on the clipboard then the standard PasteAsNewLayer and PasteAsNewImage commands will be used. Meaning you can bind these scripts to the shortcut keys and it'll work just as well as the original commands, and hopefully a little better.

If you find a program that this script cannot paste from let me know and I'll see if I can upgrade the script.

NOTE: Currently this script does not properly support paletted transparency images. If you copy a transparent PNG from a browser and it imports with a background, then chances are it's a paletted image and the transparency was thrown away on import. I am looking into options and hope this will be fixed in my first update.
Last edited by LeviFiction on Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LeviFiction
Advisor
operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: Alienware M17xR4
processor: Intel Core i7-3630QM CPU - 2_40GH
ram: 6 GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M
sound_card: Sound Blaster Recon3Di
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 500GB
Corel programs: PSP: 8, 9, X, XI, X2, X8,X9, 2018, 2019

Re: Script - Advanced Paste

Post by LeviFiction »

Added Video demonstration where I show all issues with the scrip that I am aware of as well as how it's used. Though useage is pretty straightforward.

Also fixed a small but with Paste As New Image where I was using the wrong command without realizing it.
migf1
operating_system: Windows 8.1
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit

Re: Script - Advanced Paste

Post by migf1 »

This is simply amazing! Thank you so much Levi!

I need to test more, but I am already so impressed! I'll definitely let you know if I find more popular applications that don't play well!
Good Unofficial PaintShop Pro Tutorials: Creation CasselMake Shop ProHEC Image EditingLeviFiction PSP Basics
(plus my own Gimp & Stuff)