Joene30
operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
Corel programs: paintshop pro 2020

How to change swatches to psp pallet

Post by Joene30 »

Hi there,

I used to work with an older version, but now bought the 2020 version.
Normaly I would use a pallette to load 45 own rgb colors to an image so I can print these images om textile products.
Now the swatches are saved as 45 script files in the folder users/swatches and I cannot load them as a pallette.
I even tried to change the colors in the safety pallette, to get my own pallette, but that didsn't work either.

If somebody can tell me how to get my own colors in a pallette that would be great.

Best Regards,
John
Jean-Luc
motherboard: ASUS Computer N751J
processor: Intel i7-4710 HQ 2.50GHz
ram: 16GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 850M
sound_card: NVIDIA High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 2 Tb
Monitor/Display Make & Model: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 850M
Corel programs: PSP X7, X8, X9, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021

Re: How to change swatches to psp pallet

Post by Jean-Luc »

If you search for
swatch
in this forum you will perhaps find some clue.
For example:
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=63035&p=352125&hil ... ch#p352125
THE PAINTSHOP PRO COOKBOOK
Installed PSP Ultimate: X7, X8, X9, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021.
Joene30

Post by Joene30 »

Thanks, but no solution for me. The colors changed since the old version.
Hate to say it buy it was better in the old days.
LeviFiction
Advisor
motherboard: Alienware M17xR4
processor: Intel Core i7-3630QM CPU - 2_40GH
ram: 6 GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M
sound_card: Sound Blaster Recon3Di
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 500GB
Corel programs: PSP: 8, 9, X, XI, X2, X8,X9, 2018, 2019

Post by LeviFiction »

Which version are you moving from?

There are three different things called palettes I'm PSP. There are color palettes for index colored images.

There are the visual palettes that get docked on the screen

And ever since I think x6 we also have color palettes which allow us to organize swatches into custom groups.

I do have scripts for converting color index palettes into swatches but not the other way around. Can you explain exactly what you're looking for?
Joene30

Post by Joene30 »

LeviFiction wrote:Which version are you moving from?

There are three different things called palettes I'm PSP. There are color palettes for index colored images.

And ever since I think x6 we also have color palettes which allow us to organize swatches into custom groups.

I do have scripts for converting color index palettes into swatches but not the other way around. Can you explain exactly what you're looking for?
Had a very old version, which doesn't work anymore.
In folder: programFiles/Corel/CorelpaintshopPro2020/Languages/EN/Palletes is the kind of pallette I would normaly use (now there is only the one called Safety)
Has the RGB values in it.
Now I have imported an .Aco file and it saves all the colors in seperate script files in the users:folder swatches.
I can use the colors in the materials pallette, but can not load this pallette via image/pallette/load pallette to for example change a jpeg to this 45 colors.
LeviFiction
Advisor

Post by LeviFiction »

What are you using to import an aco? Are you using my script or a different solution?
Joene30

Post by Joene30 »

Downloaded Importaco script
LeviFiction
Advisor

Post by LeviFiction »

Yeah, that's my script. Okay I am including here a link to two scripts I just created.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16ccnXq ... sp=sharing

In that zip folder you'll find two scripts, ACO to Palette, and SwatchPaletteToColorPalette. Because I just whipped them up I don't guarantee quality but I think their names say it all. Some very quick points on how these work.

1) ACO to Palette - this requires that your image already be a 256 color paletted image. If it's not, the script will simply refuse to run. When you load an ACO it'll load directly into the image's color palette and then call the SavePalette dialog. Give it a name and you'll have the palette available to you to use.

2) Swatch Palette to Color Palette - This script will pop up a list of all current Swatch Palettes. Simply double click one to convert it to a color palette. The dialog will close and if you go to "Load palette" in the Image ->Palettes menu you should see that palette is now available.
ehume
motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H
processor: i7 4770k
ram: 16GB
Video Card: Intel HD4600 [iGPU]
sound_card: no_sound_card
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 512GB+4TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Acer KN242HYL
Corel programs: PSP 2018 32b & 64b, AS3 64b, PE5 64b

Post by ehume »

Joene30 wrote:
LeviFiction wrote:Which version are you moving from?

Had a very old version, which doesn't work anymore.
In folder: programFiles/Corel/CorelpaintshopPro2020/Languages/EN/Palletes is the kind of pallette I would normaly use (now there is only the one called Safety)
Has the RGB values in it.
Now I have imported an .Aco file and it saves all the colors in seperate script files in the users:folder swatches.
I can use the colors in the materials pallette, but can not load this pallette via image/pallette/load pallette to for example change a jpeg to this 45 colors.
This is interesting. I have PSP4-8, PSP XI, PSPx4, PSPx6-9 and PSP 2018, all of which work on Win-10. Perhaps what is wrong is not simply the antiquity of the app. I still have PSP9 on its original CD. It used to work on Win-10, but now does not work at all.
Had PS3, PSP3; Installed: PSP-4.12, 5.03, 6.02, 7.04 (liked it a lot & used it for years), 8.00, XI, x4.3.0.3, x6.2.0.20, x7.4.0.11, x8.3.0.13, x9.2.0.7; now using PSPx10 (PSP 2018; version 20.2.0.1 x64) on Win 10-64 b2004.
Joene30

Post by Joene30 »

LeviFiction wrote:Yeah, that's my script. Okay I am including here a link to two scripts I just created.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16ccnXq ... sp=sharing

In that zip folder you'll find two scripts, ACO to Palette, and SwatchPaletteToColorPalette. Because I just whipped them up I don't guarantee quality but I think their names say it all. Some very quick points on how these work.

1) ACO to Palette - this requires that your image already be a 256 color paletted image. If it's not, the script will simply refuse to run. When you load an ACO it'll load directly into the image's color palette and then call the SavePalette dialog. Give it a name and you'll have the palette available to you to use.

2) Swatch Palette to Color Palette - This script will pop up a list of all current Swatch Palettes. Simply double click one to convert it to a color palette. The dialog will close and if you go to "Load palette" in the Image ->Palettes menu you should see that palette is now available.
THANKS VERY MUCH!!!
It works great!