processor: Intel i5
ram: 4gb
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 256
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Surface Pro
Corel programs: Videostudio 2021 Ultimate

Flash symbol/icon randomly popping up in projects and renders

Post by VectorTravels »

Hi all,

I've got random Flash symbols popping up in my projects and renders and as mentioned they seem to be random.
I've sent off a technical ticket request as this is ruining my projects and renders. Hopefully, Corel has an answer as Adobe no longer support flash as of Jan, 1st this year so I'm hoping an update from Corel fixes this or I'll need to go elsewhere for my video editing software which I don't to do, so fingers crossed Corel can fix this.
asik1
operating_system: Windows 7 Professional
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: H170M-E D3
processor: i5-6600
ram: 8gb
Video Card: GTX1050
Hard_Drive_Capacity: No hoarder
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Philips 19" + samsung 19"
Corel programs: VS-X9.2

Re: Flash symbol/icon randomly popping up in projects and renders

Post by asik1 »

Welcome to the forum, Vector
The good news is that Corel will not fix this, it can't. You can move to other software but it will be the same.
We found a workaround, all you have to do is search the forum.
lata
Site Admin
operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC A88XM-A USB 3 1 Rev X 0x
processor: 4 10 gigahertz AMD A10-7890K Radeon R7
ram: 16 gb
Video Card: on board
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 500 SSD
Monitor/Display Make & Model: LG W2242 [Monitor]
Corel programs: CVSX10, 18, 19, 20, PSP, PI, MS3D

Re: Flash symbol/icon randomly popping up in projects and renders

Post by lata »

As I understand it
Support for Flash was finally removed by Windows from I believe the 12th January 2021.
There were discussions over the years regarding the demise of Flash I guess generally ignored by us, that is the general public.
It is our computers that will not play any flash files so it is not just Video Studio / Corel issue.

The Video Studio Graphics Library for 2018 from the “flower icon”, did have a section for Flash Animation, I believe it was 2018, I do not have that installed to check.
As of VS 2019 the library was renamed to Overlays with new content, no longer provides Flash Files, that includes VS 2020 and VS 2021
So the change to the program has been in progress for a few years.

With the removal of Flash came the update to Mov rendering to include Alpha channels that create transparent backgrounds.
Some of the Overlay files now use these Mov types.

Although Corel Have removed SWF content files from their latest programs library, there are some SWF files remaining within the older Instant Projects that are still installed by 2021 within the Templates Library, a bit remiss by Corel to continue to provide those older templates.

As you are working with VS 2021 can I assume the projects have been created using 2021 and not an older program.
The Welcome Screen – Do-More aka Store do provide free templates, some of these still contain SWF files and will cause problems if used.

Some forum users did convert many SWF files to MP4 and or Mov to fix the offending Instant Project Templates.

If you can give more info on the project and where the flash files came from then maybe we can help in replacing your SWF files.
I would suspect you have used the Instant Projects, the question is which one.

Interesting on any Corel response to your Ticket, please keep us informed
Regards Trevor