Video Card: GTX 1660 6GB
sound_card: On board sound
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 2 TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Ben Q, "21" LCD
Corel programs: VS 2018, VS 2019, VS 2020

What is this Folder

Post by pepegota »

A folder appears after installing VS 2021 with contents:
So far no crashes, yet. Looks like a maintenace program and a ton other stuff of which I am reluctant to install.
Folder.jpg
lata
Site Admin
operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC A88XM-A USB 3 1 Rev X 0x
processor: 4 10 gigahertz AMD A10-7890K Radeon R7
ram: 16 gb
Video Card: on board
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 500 SSD
Monitor/Display Make & Model: LG W2242 [Monitor]
Corel programs: CVSX10, 18, 19, 20, PSP, PI, MS3D

Re: What is this Folder

Post by lata »

It is not normal that this folder and its contents are provided when installing Video Studio 2021
Unusual and I do not know why that should happen to you.

The folder and files are normally downloaded from the Welcome screen Get More free options, in particular the Graphics pack
You can view the Get More options to see if the Graphics pack is available, If not view the My Library section, is it there, if yes then it has been downloaded from the Get More options.
If so then I can only assume that you have at some time downloaded this package.

Of course it may have been downloaded with the program, very unusual if that has happened but I will check my system to see if I have those files.
Generally would be downloaded and installed to the Desktop, I see you have chosen to install the program to another location than the default may be that has affected the save location?
The folder itself was normally called Graphic Pack and not VS 2021, again unusual.

I’ll download that package to see if Corel have changed their installation save locations

Post Updated

I have downloaded the Graphics package and have similar files as you show, 30 in that folder, but saved to my desktop.
The graphics pack is available from all versions of VS, well the last few versions, once installed saves Images to the Overlays library, used to be called Graphics library. The actual files are saved to a folder on the documents structure.
C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Corel VideoStudio Pro\VSPContent\Decoration
Look for this folder, it only exists after installing the first .EXE file, so if this exists then at some point in time graphics files have been installed, that could be any version of Video Studio.

BG-01 etc. are background images
CP-01 etc are Colour Patterns
FR01 etc are Frames
OB01 etc are Objects

For each .exe approximately 5 image files are installed. to the Decoration folder and available to use from the Graphics / Overlay library.
Regards Trevor
pepegota
motherboard: ASUS TUF Z390-Plus
processor: Intel i9 - 9900k
ram: 64 GB

Post by pepegota »

From this folder I get :
What the heck is going on! It is crazy.
The program seems to behave. A simple project worked without error but, more remains to be seen.
0059.jpg
Davidk
motherboard: Gigabyte H97M-D3H
processor: Intel core i3 3_7ghz dual core processor
ram: 8Gb
Video Card: on-motherboard Intel HD 4400 graphics chipset
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 5_8Tb
Monitor/Display Make & Model: HP E240c video conferencing monitor
Corel programs: VideoStudio: 5 old versions + 2021

Post by Davidk »

It is indeed the free graphic pack. Selecting it in the get more page does a download and install (from memory several installs - wait it out), and afterwards it seems that on inspection, the download of content goes to a folder that is in the desktop path: it shows as a folder on the desktop - or it did on my system. When I noticed/investigated that strange new folder on the desktop, the pack contents appeared as files. So I just removed them (folder and contents all) to a more logical location on my PC. screenshot
Video Studio graphic pack.jpg
pepegota
motherboard: ASUS TUF Z390-Plus
processor: Intel i9 - 9900k
ram: 64 GB

Post by pepegota »

Since I do not have need of the Graphic Pack, I will delete it. Is that OK?
Davidk
motherboard: Gigabyte H97M-D3H
processor: Intel core i3 3_7ghz dual core processor
ram: 8Gb
Video Card: on-motherboard Intel HD 4400 graphics chipset
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 5_8Tb
Monitor/Display Make & Model: HP E240c video conferencing monitor
Corel programs: VideoStudio: 5 old versions + 2021

Post by Davidk »

Before you do that, you might want to check that the contents have not already been installed. Tedious, file by file comparison with the various library parts of Vs when open . . . eg is BG05 (one of the items in the pack) in the library now?
I tried this and found that there wasn't a direct correlation between file names in the graphics pack and items in the library. For example, FR01.exe is a frame in the new pack, yet after execution of that FR01.exe file (going thru the whole gamut of a windows install sequence) there isn't any frame by that name in the library when VS is next started. In the library overlays page frames item there are FR-A06,A07,A08,A09 and FR-A10 - but not FR01. Loading all those extras items individually will be a tiresome challenge, and there seems to be no obvious way to check that the extra item is in fact loaded.
So maybe the admins can explain just how those file names in the graphics pack are identified in the main VS library pages after installation???
lata
Site Admin
motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC A88XM-A USB 3 1 Rev X 0x
processor: 4 10 gigahertz AMD A10-7890K Radeon R7
ram: 16 gb
Video Card: on board
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 500 SSD
Monitor/Display Make & Model: LG W2242 [Monitor]
Corel programs: CVSX10, 18, 19, 20, PSP, PI, MS3D

Post by lata »

lata wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:40 pm

The graphics pack is available from all versions of VS, well the last few versions, once installed saves Images to the Overlays library, used to be called Graphics library. The actual files are saved to a folder on the documents structure.
C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Corel VideoStudio Pro\VSPContent\Decoration
Look for this folder, it only exists after installing the first .EXE file, so if this exists then at some point in time graphics files have been installed, that could be any version of Video Studio.

BG-01 etc. are background images
CP-01 etc are Colour Patterns
FR01 etc are Frames
OB01 etc are Objects

For each .exe approximately 5 image files are installed. to the Decoration folder and available to use from the Graphics / Overlay library.

As for 2021 and 2020 the Overlay Library should have an additional folder for each type, Background, Color Pattern, Frame and Object
We can delete these files to remove from the program but it will cause some re-links within the library.

For earlier versions of Video Studio the library structure is different, these clips being added to the existing library structure, no extra folders.

If the VSPContents folder does not exist then none of the Graphics .exe files have been installed.

Just to confirm that the Get More Free templates and Graphics are common to all versions of video studio
So installing these from say X10 will show in all versions of Video Studio.

Post updated
In total there are 90 png's and 50 Jpg images installed from the Graphics pack
Regards Trevor