Q&A--When answering a question, How about a quick video TUTORIAL on YouTube?

Moderator: Ken Berry

JohnRVSP
operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: Acer JV50
processor: T9500 2600mHz Core 2 Duo
ram: 4GB
Video Card: Mobil Intel 4 Series Express ACER Laptop GMA4500M
sound_card: Acer Laptop Integrated
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 400G SSDX2
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Acer Laptop Integrated
Corel programs: VSP X10U + VSP2020U

Q&A--When answering a question, How about a quick video TUTORIAL on YouTube?

Post by JohnRVSP »

There is so much good advice here, yet sometimes it is still hard to understand for newbies like me...
Sometimes it is had to visualize what the feature actually is, and how it might benefit my own productions, let alone how to execute the task at all.
You are probably an expert, in this area of interest if you decide to answer a question, how hard would it be to turn on a "Screen Capture" and demonstrate your proposed solution to the presented problem and post it to YouTube, (or some other platform), for us to see the actual steps being executed, and the final result being displayed?
Understanding how to do something is just 1 part of learning, understanding the WHY MIGHT I WANT THAT for myself? Seeing that end result is another important key.
In my mind it seems it should only take a moment or two, to whip up a demo video and post it. Maybe even a catalog of links, to be referred to for commonly asked questions, could be compiled as well.
It might even improve your individual YouTube statistics some as well! :D :) :lol:
Thanks,
John
Always trying to learn something new!
tletter
processor: i7-3632QM 2.2 GHz
ram: 16GB
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1TB
Corel programs: X4, X5, X6, X7, X8, X9, X10, 2018, 2019

Re: Q&A--When answering a question, How about a quick video TUTORIAL on YouTube?

Post by tletter »

JohnRVSP wrote: if you decide to answer a question, how hard would it be to turn on a "Screen Capture" and demonstrate your proposed solution to the presented problem and post it to YouTube, (or some other platform), for us to see the actual steps being executed, and the final result being displayed?
If this was a paid membership forum then you'd have a stronger suggestion, however, people who give their time to answer questions are unpaid volunteers. In fact, many of the questions are from people who can't be bothered to: (1) open the user guide; (2) search the forum for the answer; or (3) fully explain their issue which causes the volunteers to try and guess their issue. So perhaps for clarity, people who decide to ask question should turn on a "Screen Capture" and demonstrate their problem and post it to YouTube. Agreed?

tletter
https://www.youtube.com/user/tletter
JohnRVSP

Re: Q&A--When answering a question, How about a quick video TUTORIAL on YouTube?

Post by JohnRVSP »

tletter wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:27 pm
JohnRVSP wrote: if you decide to answer a question, how hard would it be to turn on a "Screen Capture" and demonstrate your proposed solution to the presented problem and post it to YouTube, (or some other platform), for us to see the actual steps being executed, and the final result being displayed?
If this was a paid membership forum then you'd have a stronger suggestion, however, people who give their time to answer questions are unpaid volunteers. In fact, many of the questions are from people who can't be bothered to: (1) open the user guide; (2) search the forum for the answer; or (3) fully explain their issue which causes the volunteers to try and guess their issue. So perhaps for clarity, people who decide to ask question should turn on a "Screen Capture" and demonstrate their problem and post it to YouTube. Agreed?

tletter
tletter,
I appreciate and feel thanks for your reply(s), today and forever in the past.....
Yes! Photos, Better Descriptions, Screen Shots, Etc.... Is there a 2020 or 2021 manual available??? I own and use / "try-to-use", X10U & 2020U, I have never found a manual, let alone a clear discussion or implementation (I can understand) of "Masks" or "Titles" or "Exposure Control" or "Color Correction" or "How to DECIDE Resolution & Bitrate" or "How to use the "ULTIMATE Feature Set" or "What about USE OF TIME CODE" or "any of the other things I don't even know exist", except for the Q&A here sometimes. I have an under powered computer and each "TRY" takes hours or days to see the failed results....
I stumble around and research YouTube, sometimes I find someone has a sample of something interesting on v.X7 or other version I don't own....
Q&A here really is great here, if you can formulate the question accurately!
Sometimes I login just to read the Q's to learn the possibilities, I would like to see some of those results for an additional learning experience.
-----Example----
lata wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:00 am

Topic
Can we install Boris Graffiti on VS2021 Ultimate??
We have to have a Video Studio program installed that supported Boris Graffiti, I believe that was 2018 although I only have X10 installed
This will install the library for Graffiti, I see this here
C:\Program Files\Boris FX, Inc\Keyframe Libraries 7\Graffiti 7 Keyframe Library

with X 10 installed in ….
C:\Program Files\Corel\Corel VideoStudio X10\vft_plug
You should find Graffiti7.vft
Copy that file to
C:\Program Files\Corel\Corel VideoStudio 2021\vft_plug

You should then have a working copy of Graffiti in the Boris FX category

For BCC Title Studio the process is the same

We have to have a Video Studio program installed that supported BCC Boris FX,
I only have X10 installed

This will install the library for BCC Boris FX, I see this here
C:\Program Files\Boris FX, Inc\BCC Presets 10 Corel

with X 10 installed in ….
C:\Program Files\Corel\Corel VideoStudio X10\vft_plug
You should find BCCTitleStudio.vft

Copy that file to
C:\Program Files\Corel\Corel VideoStudio 2021\vft_plug

You should then have a working copy of BCC Boris FX in the Boris FX category
I understand Copy/Paste files from Folder 1 to Folder 2, etc... I do not understand "Boris", how to use, when to use, why to use, etc...
Thanks
John
I have read and re-read, edited and re-edited, and previewed this message 40 times to try to formulate my Q or response accurately in the past 50 minutes..11:09-11:59
asik1
operating_system: Windows 7 Professional
motherboard: H170M-E D3
processor: i5-6600
ram: 8gb
Video Card: GTX1050
Hard_Drive_Capacity: No hoarder
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Philips 19" + samsung 19"
Corel programs: VS-X9.2

Post by asik1 »

John, you do not understand "Boris Graffiti " ?
Then you better google for Boris Graffiti forum (and not VS's)
Or better still, pay a visit to YouTube for many tutorials.

**Last thing, Video Editing (specially for beginners) is all about experimenting and features trials.
Since VS 2019 the hazardous nukes launch feature is been disabled so you should not worry with any wrong clicks.
lata
Site Admin
motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC A88XM-A USB 3 1 Rev X 0x
processor: 4 10 gigahertz AMD A10-7890K Radeon R7
ram: 16 gb
Video Card: on board
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 500 SSD
Monitor/Display Make & Model: LG W2242 [Monitor]
Corel programs: CVSX10, 18, 19, 20, PSP, PI, MS3D

Post by lata »

JohnRVSP wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:09 am

I understand Copy/Paste files from Folder 1 to Folder 2, etc... I do not understand "Boris", how to use, when to use, why to use, etc...
There were several plugins that allowed us to create animated Titles in addition to other effects, some creating effects in 3D

The basic Title Editor from the “T” icon, now includes some 3D effects

FX library shows.........
NewBlue Titler Pro 5
Boris FX Not 2021 https://borisfx.com/products/graffiti/
BCC Title Studio Not 2021
Adorage
T3D, available on the tool bar, appears to be a cut down version of Corels MS3D

Given time you should explore these options, chances are you will find your favourite option

Each of the above have a bit of a learning curve and I do find them a little confusing, depends on what effects you are after. Most are dragged to a clip on the timelines, then from the Options panel a Customise option is available to open the plugin editor.

As of the latest versions Boris Graffiti was removed from 2019, then 2021 saw BCC Title Studio was removed.
Regards Trevor
BrianCee
ram: 8GB
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 4TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: HP
Corel programs: VS X4,X5,X6,X7,X8, X9, X10, 2018 , 2019

Post by BrianCee »

John - can I first make a suggestion to you - a plea even - - please stop using the 'Reply with quote' option - it makes the topic very difficult to read when you repeat the whole of the previous post - there is a "Post Reply" button at the bottom of the last post if you use that then only what you type will show - OR - if you want to respond to a specific quote then edit the new post to only display the point you want to respond to

Second I am staggered that you do not know that each version of VideoStudio comes with it's own User Guide / Manual - in the top left corner of Videostudio are a number of options the last of which is 'Help' - click that and a drop down will open where you can select User guide - which if you want can be downloaded in .pdf format - see the image I have attached for clarification
click on image to enlarge
click on image to enlarge
Thirdly regarding your suggestion about uploading videos to supplement the answers - I have done that for many years and have my own Youtube channel just for that purpose - I also try to link the video both ways - from this forum to Youtube and from Youtube to the forum so that we can also have a meaningful discussion about the problem -- I appreciate that some of them are for older versions but all can be used or adapted for use in the later versions -- there are currently 77 videos in my channel which you can find here :-
https://studio.youtube.com/channel/UCd0 ... DING%22%7D
JohnRVSP

Post by JohnRVSP »

BrianCee wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:48 pm

Thirdly regarding your suggestion about uploading videos to supplement the answers - I have done that for many years and have my own Youtube channel just for that purpose - I also try to link the video both ways - from this forum to Youtube and from Youtube to the forum so that we can also have a meaningful discussion about the problem -- I appreciate that some of them are for older versions but all can be used or adapted for use in the later versions -- there are currently 77 videos in my channel which you can find here :-
https://studio.youtube.com/channel/UCd0 ... DING%22%7D
Thanks for you answers & thoughts

Thee seems to be a problem with your link, Maybe you were logged in when you copied/pasted?
Maybe this will work for other users
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd09Kb ... t4Q/videos
There is a lot to look over...Thanks for your efforts and the opportunity to see them.
John
JohnRVSP

Post by JohnRVSP »

BrianCee wrote:

Second I am staggered that you do not know that each version of VideoStudio comes with it's own User Guide / Manual - in the top left corner of Videostudio are a number of options the last of which is 'Help' - click that and a drop down will open where you can select User guide - which if you want can be downloaded in .pdf format - see the image I have attached for clarification
VS user manual.png

I usually only look under the HELP tab for the version & sp level information...
There is so much, all over the place, I sometimes have trouble where to start when I want to jump directly to "HIGHER FUNCTIONS"
bypassing the "BIG CHIEF" paper pad and "TREE BRANCH" for a pencil...
--Massive information overload--
Thanks for you patience with me in the mean time.
John
JohnRVSP

Post by JohnRVSP »

BrianCee wrote:
John - can I first make a suggestion to you - a plea even - - please stop using the 'Reply with quote' option - it makes the topic very difficult to read when you repeat the whole of the previous post - there is a "Post Reply" button at the bottom of the last post if you use that then only what you type will show - OR - if you want to respond to a specific quote then edit the new post to only display the point you want to respond to
Sorry, I usually edit it down, but since it was a complete problem from a different thread I thought it would be more confusing not to be "MORE COMPLETE"
John
JohnRVSP

Post by JohnRVSP »

asik1 wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:51 am
John, you do not understand "Boris Graffiti " ?
Then you better google for Boris Graffiti forum (and not VS's)
Or better still, pay a visit to YouTube for many tutorials.

**Last thing, Video Editing (specially for beginners) is all about experimenting and features trials.
Since VS 2019 the hazardous nukes launch feature is been disabled so you should not worry with any wrong clicks.
I think maybe the stated problem is a little mis-leading,
I don't understand the "ARTISTIC FLARE" required to make a COMPELLING VIDEO.
example -- I have 100's of TYPE FONTS but none of them look "RIGHT", except for Times Roman, they all look wrong (to me) for the "MESSAGE", (any message), I am trying to convey.
There is the ART, and then there is the TECH,
When the art seems dull (my art), the tech seems overwhelming.
It is not just BORIS, it is all of the similar plug-ins, add on's, etc.

Thanks for you answer Asik 1,
John
Last edited by JohnRVSP on Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
JohnRVSP

Post by JohnRVSP »

lata wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:26 am
JohnRVSP wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:09 am

There were several plugins that allowed us to create animated Titles in addition to other effects, some creating effects in 3D

The basic Title Editor from the “T” icon, now includes some 3D effects

FX library shows.........
NewBlue Titler Pro 5
Boris FX Not 2021 https://borisfx.com/products/graffiti/
BCC Title Studio Not 2021
Adorage
T3D, available on the tool bar, appears to be a cut down version of Corels MS3D

Given time you should explore these options, chances are you will find your favourite option

Each of the above have a bit of a learning curve and I do find them a little confusing, depends on what effects you are after. Most are dragged to a clip on the timelines, then from the Options panel a Customize option is available to open the plugin editor.

As of the latest versions Boris Graffiti was removed from 2019, then 2021 saw BCC Title Studio was removed.
Steep learning curve is an understatement to me
This is where I was hoping to maybe see & learn something

Lata,
Thanks for you reply,
John
asik1
operating_system: Windows 7 Professional
motherboard: H170M-E D3
processor: i5-6600
ram: 8gb
Video Card: GTX1050
Hard_Drive_Capacity: No hoarder
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Philips 19" + samsung 19"
Corel programs: VS-X9.2

Post by asik1 »

John, fonts? You are asking about aesthetics?
This is a different issue.
Aesthetics is about the subject of your video, the flow of it and the shot where the titles are placed.
tletter
processor: i7-3632QM 2.2 GHz
ram: 16GB
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1TB
Corel programs: X4, X5, X6, X7, X8, X9, X10, 2018, 2019

Post by tletter »

JohnRVSP wrote: I think maybe the stated problem is a little mis-leading,
I don't understand the "ARTISTIC FLARE" required to make a COMPELLING VIDEO.
Actually it's completely misleading. A better title would have been, "How do I make a compelling video". This is a topic that isn't specific to the use of VS and is a course or even a degree on its own.
JohnRVSP wrote: Sorry, I usually edit it down, but since it was a complete problem from a different thread I thought it would be more confusing not to be "MORE COMPLETE"
Actually you continue to include long tracts from prior posts which just makes your thread difficult to read as does your excessive use of multicoloured highlighting for no discernible reason.

tletter