ram: 32 GB
Video Card: Intel UHD Graphics 630
sound_card: Realtek HD
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1 TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Dell P2719H
Corel programs: Draw 2020, VideoStudio 2020, Ventura 10

VideoStudio 2020 Ultimate freezes!

Post by docrgc »

Hello there, Happy New Year to all. Late last year I suddenly encountered a major problem with VS 2020. I imported a video (MP4) for very simple editing, moved it to the timeline, and when I tried simply to play it the whole program froze. Nothing would happen, no button would respond, and I had to go to CTRL/ALT DEL to Task Manager to shut down VS2020. I tries several times ... no joy.. I wiped VS 2020 off the system and did a re-install ... same thing happened. It did not matter which type of file, MP4, AVI, I tried multiple files, including those I had previously edited on VS 2020, but the same thing happened. As I was not needing to edit anything complex urgently, I had recourse to another (inferior) editor which worked fine for the simple cutting I required. For my Happy New Year present, last week I encountered a Win 10 fatal error which completely shut down my computer and it could not be resuscitated, so a complete wipe of the system SSD was required, and a reinstall of Win 10 plus all of my programs including VS 2020. Optimistically, I just tried to use the program again ... solid freeze on Play. I think you have all my technical stuff, but my OS is Win 10 pro, all updates installed, running with an Intel i7 gen 9 CPU and 32 GB of memory. The SSD is 1 TB, and only stores system files so there is tons of free space. No other program is affected, including Draw and PhotoPaint. I have seen posts about other VS 2020 freezes in mid edit, but I can't even get to the the editing phase, and it is T-ing me off! Any assistance will be gratefully received.
Pepi
operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: ASUS TUF Z270 MARK 1
processor: Intel i7-7700K
ram: 32GB
Video Card: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT
Corel programs: VideoStudio 2020; PaintShopPro 2019

Re: VideoStudio 2020 Ultimate freezes!

Post by Pepi »

If that is happening for your own files, then how about the sample files, like some of these:
VS-Forum-SampleFiles.png

Also, if I read you correctly you did something for your files, so have you tested with clip without any filters or modifications?
--
Don't Panic
docrgc
motherboard: Antec VSK2000-U3
processor: intel i7-9700

Post by docrgc »

Hello Pepi, Many thanks for your reply. Sadly, it's happening with all files, not just my own, and without any filters or modifications.
lata
Site Admin
motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC A88XM-A USB 3 1 Rev X 0x
processor: 4 10 gigahertz AMD A10-7890K Radeon R7
ram: 16 gb
Video Card: on board
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 500 SSD
Monitor/Display Make & Model: LG W2242 [Monitor]
Corel programs: CVSX10, 18, 19, 20, PSP, PI, MS3D

Post by lata »

Hi
I have no idea why your program should stall like this especially after doing a complete installation of the program
I was going to suggest a reset of the program, but sure you have covered that.
The Win 10 fatal error is worrying and if caused by your hardware could be the reason for Video Studio to struggle.

Do you think you may have a problem with your graphics cards / graphics drivers.
Are you experiencing any other strange instances when running the pc.

I assume Video Studio did work ok in the past, so what has changed on your computer.

You should contact Corel Support for their thoughts, be aware they will ask that you reset the program, probably several times

Video Studio does create Log files, it may be best to send those to Corel Support
C:\ProgramData\VideoStudio Log Files

OK – try a re-install
First delete the 23.0 folder C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Ulead Systems\Corel VideoStudio Pro (x64)\23.0
I cannot believe it is just the installation of video studio, but can you re-install again but only the Main program
Run the stub to uninstall, run again to Install – Custom – select only the Main program and install

Does that run ok

Then running the stub installer again add the Contents
Test the program, and so on till all packs are installed
Regards Trevor
docrgc
motherboard: Antec VSK2000-U3
processor: intel i7-9700

Post by docrgc »

Hello Trevor, and thanks for your very detailed suggestion ... and it WORKED! My CVS is back to its former happy self (as am I). I appreciate your time and trouble, thanks again.