Video Card: on board
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 500 SSD
Monitor/Display Make & Model: LG W2242 [Monitor]
Corel programs: CVSX10, 18, 19, 20, PSP, PI, MS3D

Re: Smart package crashes

Post by lata »

Hi
First I had thought you were using the programs mask option, either from the Chroma Key Mask Frames or from Instant Projects
I did not realise you were creating your own Black and White images to create the mask.
The programs masks are BMP's, as far as I know all are BMP's found here.
C:\Program Files\Corel\Corel VideoStudio 2020\EditingStyle\Image

The images can however be in any location on the hard drive, and if used as a mask must remain in that location.
The only change to that is when creating Smart Packages where the image used to create the mask is also saved to the SP folder and should work ok with the new project.
If you can identify the image used to create the mask, that image could be added to the Chroma Key Mask Frames to create a mask, and then applied to the project image.
You would have done that when first adding your images to the mask frames.

And yes I agree that when it warns that the mask cannot be found and the first mask will be used, the program should give the opportunity to select the masks image (effectively a Relink)

Smart Packages do work when exporting masks, it is the one project that is giving problems, you indicate that the mask images are saved to the SP folder, so why don’t they work?

I’ll try another test on my system

Post Updated
I have created a few more Smart Packages trying to use different approaches but each time they export to USB and the laptop without problems

Daft Question, but are you sure that the original projects do work with all masks

Have you opened the Smart Package project on the desktop ( same pc as being created) and does that work ok?

You create your own Black and White images, where are those saved to? and is that save location safe
Regards Trevor
fingerbreaker
operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit

Post by fingerbreaker »

"And yes I agree that when it warns that the mask cannot be found and the first mask will be used, the program should give the opportunity to select the masks image (effectively a Relink)"

Added to the VS2021 wishlist.

"Smart Packages do work when exporting masks, it is the one project that is giving problems, you indicate that the mask images are saved to the SP folder, so why don’t they work?"

I have no way of knowing if the masks work with the SP because the SP never even loads. And I have no reason to think they wouldn't work. The problem with my SP is likely what you suggested before - lots of clips with lots of variable speed effects and such. We will never know because I gave up trying. Rather than figure that out, I'm simply trying to migrate the project off of my pc. That's where I'm having the problems now - the mask files were originally on the pc. When I copy them to the USB drive and run off the laptop, VS can't find them.

"Daft Question, but are you sure that the original projects do work with all masks"

Yes, I'm sure.

"Have you opened the Smart Package project on the desktop ( same pc as being created) and does that work ok?"

That does not work ok.

"You create your own Black and White images, where are those saved to? and is that save location safe"

They are saved to a pc C: folder. They have also been copied to the USB F: drive where I would love to re-link them to the project. I don't know what you mean by a "safe" save location.

I'd like to ask a question again from my last reply:
How do I ascertain what mask file is being used for a clip? On the original project, where the masks are all applied properly, how do I select a clip and see the filename of the mask applied to that clip? If there is not a way to do that, then I'm headed back to the VS2021 wish list.

Thanks,
FB
lata
Site Admin
motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC A88XM-A USB 3 1 Rev X 0x
processor: 4 10 gigahertz AMD A10-7890K Radeon R7
ram: 16 gb

Post by lata »

I do not know of any way to show the image name that was used to create the mask
We can view the Chroma mask frames to show the mask shape, but that panel does not name the mask.

I thought you were able to open the Smart Package project, as you cannot do that then how are you able to see the masks and the message to replace and use the first default mask, I’m confused.

As you cannot open the SmartPackage then would think that the masks are not the reason.

When you try to open the SP project what do you see, any error messages.
If it does nothing, what do you see top right where the project name shows

Yet when you create a new Smart Package, that opens without problem

We are certainly missing something?............
Regards Trevor
fingerbreaker

Post by fingerbreaker »

"I do not know of any way to show the image name that was used to create the mask
We can view the Chroma mask frames to show the mask shape, but that panel does not name the mask."

Wish list!

"I thought you were able to open the Smart Package project, as you cannot do that then how are you able to see the masks and the message to replace and use the first default mask, I’m confused."

No, I could never get the Smart Package to open. As I described previously, I gave up on that and simply want to manually migrate all of the project files to USB drive F:. Which I've done. That way, I can open the project on my laptop (with F: connected to the laptop) or open it on my pc (with F: connected). It's when I try to open the project on the laptop that I see that the masks are not re-linked.

"As you cannot open the SmartPackage then would think that the masks are not the reason."

Yes.

"When you try to open the SP project what do you see, any error messages.
If it does nothing, what do you see top right where the project name shows"

Refer to the dropbox video I posted early in this thread. That's what it does, no matter how many suspected problem clips I delete. But, again, I give up - don't really want to do that anyway. Just want to re-link the mask files so I can work off of F:

"We are certainly missing something?............"

Nope, I think I've gotten all of the info I need to move forward. Two wish list items for VS2021 added and I thank you very much for your continued help!

Thank you,
FB
lata
Site Admin
motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC A88XM-A USB 3 1 Rev X 0x
processor: 4 10 gigahertz AMD A10-7890K Radeon R7
ram: 16 gb

Post by lata »

Well there has to be a reason why the Smart Package project will not open

Can you run the original project on the desktop pc and going to Share render the project to a new video file.
Does that complete without problems.
Regards Trevor