Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
sound_card: NVIDIA High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1 TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Asus 27"
Corel programs: Corel X8; VideoStudio X10, PhotoImpact

How do you remove orange trim points?

Post by catwoman07076 »

Sorry, back already.

When I tried to cut my film strip into separate ten-second clips (this is from my other post), I unknowingly left on clip in place. It was near the end of the strip, so I didn't see it. Today I deleted that entire slide show picture timeline, in order to replace it with the new slides I'd made. When I deleted the entire slide show, I evidently didn't get rid of the In and Out markers for the clip. When I wanted to see my slide show without a single time period given, everything jumped to a non-existent clip, and the music there played, but there is no film, slide, or picture at that end, only music! There is an orange line above the timeline, where the time is marked, between the two clip marks! I have tried right-clicking them, to see if a context menu containing the word "Delete" would pop up, but no such luck! Done the same for the line. Also inserted a blank slide, dragged the trim markers to beginning and end of that slide, then deleted it! Ha! The slide was gone, but the orange line and markers were still there!!!

So I now have marks for a clip where there is no clip. I don't know how to delete it. Searches on the web get me to a lot of tutorials about how to make clips -- nobody talks about how to get rid of them! When I searched here in the forum to see if anyone had discussed it, keeping my search terms as brief as possible ("delete trim marks" and various versions thereof), I get hundreds of responses that have those words underlined, but nothing about actual removal or deletion of the trim marks.

This is another one of those things that you seem to learn only by doing and asking questions. Not finding the answer in the manual, either...

I do feel like a pest. But I'm so close to finishing it now. Please help, again!

Gigi
lata
Site Admin
operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC A88XM-A USB 3 1 Rev X 0x
processor: 4 10 gigahertz AMD A10-7890K Radeon R7
ram: 16 gb
Video Card: on board
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 500 SSD
Monitor/Display Make & Model: LG W2242 [Monitor]
Corel programs: CVSX10, 18, 19, 20, PSP, PI, MS3D

Re: How do you remove orange trim points?

Post by lata »

The orange trim points are showing the Project Preview range

When you tried to trim a clip you need to be in Clip playback, when in Project playback then the orange line is set.
Make sure you are in Project playback then press the navigation buttons End and Home, this will move the cursor far left and right, pressing F3 / F4 (in out markers) should undo the orange bar.
Otherwise drag the trim markers below the preview screen to far left and right

Some info here
http://lata.me.uk/corel/trimbar/trim_bar.htm

and not a pest just a bit of a learning curve.
Regards Trevor
catwoman07076
processor: Intel Core i7 6950X
ram: 64 GB

Post by catwoman07076 »

Thank you so much for being here -- I'm still struggling with this.
So to edit or effect the orange trim points I should always be in Clip mode? I'm trying so hard to play & see the entire project that I stay in Project mode, but it still jumps to the damn orange markers and plays only that! And I don't even want them there!

I went to your link -- that is fabulous! I really liked finding this: "I must admit that this option is usually found by mistake, you'll be wondering how to get rid, but it can be useful." HA! Exactly! Found by mistake! But still not sure exactly how useful it will be.

So when you say, drag orange trim markers to the very left and very right, respectively, that you're basically calling your whole project "a clip?" Because the markers are still there, after all....

But I was able to finish and render the project, and will send it to friend, and try to get some sleep! Thank you SO MUCH for your help! I wish I could return the favor!

Gigi
canuck
operating_system: Windows 8.1

Post by canuck »

If you are creating a new slideshow, you should not "delete" the old slideshow but instead select "New Project" from the File menu and the add your "new" slides to the timeline. There are no "orange" trim markers involved in this case or needed
catwoman07076
processor: Intel Core i7 6950X
ram: 64 GB

Post by catwoman07076 »

I didn't fully explain. I wanted to keep the segregated audio track with the music, so I saved the whole thing under another name, before deleting the slide show and leaving the audio track. But thank you for your concern -- that IS the kind of thing a neophyte would absolutely do -- and I am a VS neophyte! Thank you!

Gigi