Audio Distortion after rendering

ozzlvlosis
operating_system: Windows 7 Professional
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
Corel programs: Video studio 2019

Audio Distortion after rendering

Post by ozzlvlosis »

First and foremost I do not 100% understand the tech side of the software I use. I am using Corel Videostudio pro 19.
I write music using pro tools. I export the file as a wav, bring it into corel where I put together stock footage to have visual for my songs. Everything sounds good while i'm editing in Corel however once i render it the audio sounds terrible and distorted. Unfortuntely instagram requires an mp4 so I'm assuming compression has something to do with it but Obviously other people arent having these problems so I'm trying to get to the bottom of this while at the same time trying to learn. I have tried matching the sampling rates and got the same result.
Last edited by ozzlvlosis on Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
lata
Site Admin
operating_system: Windows 10
motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC A88XM-A USB 3 1 Rev X 0x
processor: 4 10 gigahertz AMD A10-7890K Radeon R7
ram: 16 gb
Video Card: on board
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 500 SSD
Monitor/Display Make & Model: LG W2242 [Monitor]
Corel programs: CVSX10, 18, 19, 20, PSP, PI, MS3D

Re: Audio Distortion after rendering

Post by lata »

If it is a codec issue then the only option is to convert the files, but using Wav I would have thought the best option

From Share can you deselect Smart Render, sometimes when things go wrong deselecting this does improve things.
Others have also found some issues using HW Acceleration so you could try deselecting those.

Setting window size, not sure which one you refer to but what is the resolution of your monitor
Regards Trevor
zaphodikus
motherboard: ROG-X570-F-Asus
processor: AMD 3950
ram: 64Gb
Video Card: GeForce GTX 750 Ti
Hard_Drive_Capacity: M2 1GB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Asus 122" 1920x1080
Corel programs: VS 2019 Ultimate

Post by zaphodikus »

If, all you are doing is creating a "static image" type video from wav files, then using ffmpeg to combine the WAV with a set of jpeg files is an automation option open to you, fiddly, but becomes a tiny once-off programming exercise for the script-junkies like myself.

As for distortion, I'm assuming you did NOT use the Videostudio audio cleanup filters and just left the volume etc untouched, some of the filters caused me to get artefacts and I now just use Audacity instead to do audio edits if I need to make major audio edits in VideoStudio. (The filters in VS do work, but I use Audacity often enough, to prefer it, just as you will be most comfortable with the DAW that you use.) But because @Lata has much more experience at this, I'm going to guess that turning off smart render fixed it for you though.
ozzlvlosis

Post by ozzlvlosis »

I dont have a static image. Im making music videos for my songs using many few seconds long video clips. I have noticed there has been this same complaint on other video editing programs and it seems like it has something to do with AAC or H.264. Unfortunately this is out of my realm of understanding.
Pepi
motherboard: ASUS TUF Z270 MARK 1
processor: Intel i7-7700K
ram: 32GB
Video Card: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT
Corel programs: VideoStudio 2020; PaintShopPro 2019

Post by Pepi »

How about if you are using the sample audios coming with VS? Or have you tested other formats than .wav for audio?
--
Don't Panic
ozzlvlosis

Post by ozzlvlosis »

i have tested this with mp3 as well and still get the same distortion. its as if it reduces the quality of the audio drastically
lata
Site Admin
motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC A88XM-A USB 3 1 Rev X 0x
processor: 4 10 gigahertz AMD A10-7890K Radeon R7
ram: 16 gb
Video Card: on board
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 500 SSD
Monitor/Display Make & Model: LG W2242 [Monitor]
Corel programs: CVSX10, 18, 19, 20, PSP, PI, MS3D

Post by lata »

Hi
When inserting the first video to the timeline you should see a message asking that you match the Project Properties, do you see that message. You can test this by starting a new project as this message is only triggered by inserting the First video to a New project.

If you do not see that message
Can you view the properties of the video files, what are they? ( right click a video clip for Properties) then view Settings - Project Properties to make sure they are using the same

With your project set correctly add your video and audio files.
From Share there is an option top left for Same as Project Settings, I would recommend using that option to retain the original settings.
Does the final output file sound ok.
Regards Trevor