motherboard: ASUS TUF Z270 MARK 1
processor: Intel i7-7700K
ram: 32GB
Video Card: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT
Corel programs: VideoStudio 2020; PaintShopPro 2019

Do you suffer with support about "this one will be closed as "duplicate" "

Post by Pepi »

Hi,

Not sure if you are asking support from Corel support page. I have asked several times. And it looks very hard to open two or more cases from the same topic. As soon as you write two cases from the same feature, they are start closing the cases with statement:
"Please note that this issue is already being handled in ticket ########. so, this one will be closed as "duplicate"."

For me, this is quite painful as some of the older cases has been never handled. And this makes me feeling that my voice is not heard, even I'm trying to improve VS. Sometimes I'm of course a dummy user :D

As much I have done troubleshooting, more different issues in your case have, more time and confuses that generate. It is very hard to follow what log file related to which case if they are all under same ID. But this how they are handling the case is super strange.
--
Don't Panic
lata
Site Admin
operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC A88XM-A USB 3 1 Rev X 0x
processor: 4 10 gigahertz AMD A10-7890K Radeon R7
ram: 16 gb
Video Card: on board
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 500 SSD
Monitor/Display Make & Model: LG W2242 [Monitor]
Corel programs: CVSX10, 18, 19, 20, PSP, PI, MS3D

Re: Do you suffer with support about "this one will be closed as "duplicate" "

Post by lata »

Hi
The link you provided https://support.corel.com found the Knowledge Base, I believe this may be more appropriate https://www.corel.com/en/support/, from there I would select Contact Us / Contact Support
I do not blame Corel for trying to avoid duplicate tickets, although we should be able to access the ticket to make comments, I don’t know if that option is available. I can understand your frustration when all you are doing is trying to help.

Have you considered beta testing a link to Corel on the PSP forum, I am sure would be appropriate for Video Studio
https://forum.corel.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=64362
Regards Trevor
Pepi
operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: ASUS TUF Z270 MARK 1
processor: Intel i7-7700K
ram: 32GB
Video Card: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT
Corel programs: VideoStudio 2020; PaintShopPro 2019

Re: Do you suffer with support about "this one will be closed as "duplicate" "

Post by Pepi »

Hi lata,
Actually on that page, on right up corner:
VS-Support.png
VS-Support.png (3.26 KiB) Viewed 149 times
But you are right, this is only for support tickets. On your page, there is a chat available as well.
lata wrote: although we should be able to access the ticket to make comments, I don’t know if that option is available.
Actually we are able to commenting on the ticketing system. But the way how my questions about these duplicates has been handled, has been super odd. But let see, perhaps there is a light on tunnel.

About the beta testing, I believe I have sign-in at least once to that. But has been quite silence... Perhaps I have been removed from there :lol:
--
Don't Panic