processor: AMD 3950
ram: 64Gb
Video Card: GeForce GTX 750 Ti
Hard_Drive_Capacity: M2 1GB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Asus 122" 1920x1080
Corel programs: VS 2019 Ultimate

animated gifs

Post by zaphodikus »

I'm creating/created an animated gif , which plays in the Windows media player, fine , but only renders 1st frame in VideoStudio2019 Ultimate - yes I import it as a "video".

https://imgur.com/7y06nrY

I'm wanting this camel to motion path around over a map to show a journey from Bethlehem to Jerusalem. Yes, it's not going to look brilliant, because it is a mostly up and north journey.... but Alice is not even importing into VS. I used to have rotopath plugin , want to do something like that but when i installed VS on my new computer I could not find the old installers for rotopath, so I'm doing it all from scratch. Can someone help me to import Alice my camel, or at least hint at a way to make Alice animate on top of a map?
alice_anim.gif
asik1
operating_system: Windows 7 Professional
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: H170M-E D3
processor: i5-6600
ram: 8gb
Video Card: GTX1050
Hard_Drive_Capacity: No hoarder
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Philips 19" + samsung 19"
Corel programs: VS-X9.2

Re: animated gifs

Post by asik1 »

for animating gifs you need QT installed
or try this
https://sourceforge.net/projects/routegen/
zaphodikus
operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: ROG-X570-F-Asus
processor: AMD 3950
ram: 64Gb
Video Card: GeForce GTX 750 Ti
Hard_Drive_Capacity: M2 1GB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Asus 122" 1920x1080
Corel programs: VS 2019 Ultimate

Re: animated gifs

Post by zaphodikus »

I ended up creating a mpeg of the animation. Then i ran ffmpeg with -stream_loop to create a really long file

ffmpeg -stream_loop 500 -i alice.mpg -y alice_looped500.mp4

And then just chroma-keyed it and added a custom motion path. Bonus is that you can make the animation "zoom size" at the start and end so that it looks like it's going "in" or "out" and landing on the map by shrinking it. Will try this routegen app, anyway in case I do this again. Since it might just be a little quicker I hope than i was.

edit: I tried out Route animator. It's freaking awesome, in terms of time saving. You do need to tweak the encoder bitrate and default settings to stop getting blurriness. For example making the frame rate and keyframes 10 not 25, I got rid of motion blur - but it imported my paint.net animated gif and off I go! Thanks will definitely use it if i have to do this again.