processor: 3-40 gigahertz Intel Core i7 2600K
ram: 16GB
Video Card: Asus Ceberus GTX1050 Ti
sound_card: Digital Audio SPDIF High Definition Audio Device
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 3 TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Hanns.G HH251D

Adding Content from X6, X8 and X10 in to X20

Post by AlexKrycek »

Over the years I have had various versions of VS, and I am now looking to move all my content (audio, baxkgrounds, menu templates etc) in to VS 20. However, I have never done this before. Does anyone know how to do this?

I can see in C > Program Files > Corel < Corel VideoStudio 2020 > and then there are a number of files. including Content and Samples.

I can also see C > Program Files > Corel < Corel VideoStudio Content and then there are a number of files. including Content and Samples.

Not sure why there is Content and Samples in two places.

When I open VS 2020, for some reason not all these are pulling through to the library. So, even before I start to add content from X6, X8 and X10, it would be good to understand how it works. VS20 seems to pull content and samples from both locations - but not in their entirety.

Thank you in advance.
"The Truth is Out There!"
lata
Site Admin
operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC A88XM-A USB 3 1 Rev X 0x
processor: 4 10 gigahertz AMD A10-7890K Radeon R7
ram: 16 gb
Video Card: on board
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 500 SSD
Monitor/Display Make & Model: LG W2242 [Monitor]
Corel programs: CVSX10, 18, 19, 20, PSP, PI, MS3D

Re: Adding Content from X6, X8 and X10 in to X20

Post by lata »

AlexKrycek wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:04 pm
Not sure why there is Content and Samples in two places.
Alex

When we download the program installation files there are several packs, Main Program, Contents, Standard contents and Bonus Features
The Main program as its name installs the program with a limited library content, similar to using the trial, the Samples, Templates and content are saved to
C:\Program Files\Corel\Corel VideoStudio #version
This location being used for all versions of Video Studio

The Contents packs completes the installation of the program by providing extra Samples / Contents / Templates etc.
Up to and including 2018 these were also used C:\Program Files\Corel\Corel VideoStudio 2018 for example

As of 2019 Corel created a new folder apparently now used as a common / shared folder for all future Contents installations
C:\Program Files\Corel\Corel VideoStudio Content
Contents packs installed by 2019 and 2020 now use this folder.

This leaves with a mix of locations between the two folders
C:\Program Files\Corel\Corel VideoStudio Content
C:\Program Files\Corel\Corel
Whilst this change has been taking place there have been some anomalies or maybe duplicates

As for the content of X6, X8 and X10 they are most likely copies of each other, duplicates, which is probably the reason why Corel took the Common / Shared folder option.
Treat the Samples from your older programs like any of your personal files.
Copy then from Video Studio to another folder on your hard drive, then impost those to a new page library within 2020.
I do not see any point in saving those samples to the programs system folders, the program would not automatically import the samples, it has to be done manually.
Besides reinstalling the program could remove the folder deleting your samples.
Regards Trevor