Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS
sound_card: High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 500Gb
Monitor/Display Make & Model: ASUS All i8n one
Corel programs: Ultimate 2020 upgrade

Cannot delete miniatures

Post by hanskru »

Hi There,

In my VS2020 Ultimate I cannot delete the miniatures ( it still does in VS2019 Ultimate).
I highlight the miniature, press delete than the highlight dispappears, but the clip remains.

Please advise

Hans
Hans

VS 5.0,6.0,7.0,8.0,9.0,10,12, X3, X4, X5, X6 Ultimate,X7 Ultimat, X8 Ult, X8.5 Ultimate,VS1018Ultimate, VS2019Ultilate,VS2020Ultimate
JVC Everio GZ GX1BE
Ken Berry
Site Admin
operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: Intel NUC7i7BNB J31145-306
processor: Core i7-7567U + 32 GB Optane
ram: 16 GB
Video Card: Intel Iris Plus 650
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 2TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Kogan 32" 4K 3840 x 2160
Corel programs: VS 2020; PSP 2020; MS3D; ASP 3; DRAW 17

Re: Cannot delete miniatures

Post by Ken Berry »

For what it's worth, I have the same thing and have not yet found a way to successfully remove the thumbnail in the library (which is what I assume you mean by "miniature").
Ken Berry
BJC
ram: 8GB
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1TB
Corel programs: Videostudio 2018 and 2019

Post by BJC »

If - as Ken asks - by miniatures you mean the thumbnails in the library panes then the way to delete them is to RIGHT click on the thumbnail and from the drop down choose "Delete" -- but note that if you are referring to clips provided with the programme they will re-appear on the next start up - unless you also delete the original as well - to find the original again RIGHT click on the thumbnails and choose "locate on computer" from the dropdown
Ken Berry
Site Admin

Post by Ken Berry »

BJC -- I was hardly unaware of right click > Delete. That is why this is so annoying in VS 2020. I right click a thumbnail I want to remove from the library window and select Delete. There is a momentary flicker as though it is about to disappear, but it remains. And it happens with clips on external drives. They have the yellow relink mark in the upper left hand corner. I connect the drive, the yellow changes to normal. I right click, select delete, and again they remain. I disconnect the external drive and they now have the yellow relink mark. I right click and try to Delete, but nothing happens. Rather frustrating as I am building up a number of thumbnails I no longer want in the library but can't delete.

I don't use Shift + Delete as I only want to remove the thumbnail from the library, not delete it entirely from the computer.
Ken Berry
lata
Site Admin
motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC A88XM-A USB 3 1 Rev X 0x
processor: 4 10 gigahertz AMD A10-7890K Radeon R7
ram: 16 gb
Video Card: on board
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 500 SSD
Monitor/Display Make & Model: LG W2242 [Monitor]
Corel programs: CVSX10, 18, 19, 20, PSP, PI, MS3D

Post by lata »

Hi
Using 2020, a recent clean up allowed me to re-install 2020, I was surprised that the stub appeared to download the Main installation file again, I thought that unusual, at the moment I am using version 23.2.0.587

I right click the Sample BG_B01 choose delete and the image / thumbnail is removed from the library
I rebooted 2020 and that thumbnail is still missing
If its of any help these images are saved here C:\Program Files\Corel\Corel VideoStudio 2020\Samples\Decoration
Repeated with the Lake Sample and again is removed

I then bit the bullet and deleted all image and video samples, I have not deleted the Solid Colors
My Media library Samples and Backgrounds are now empty
Reboot program, library still empty
Settings - Library Manager – Reset Library and all thumbnails are showing “as installed”

I’ll update to the latest version installing the Service Pack then test again.
Regards Trevor
cybernick
Video Card: GTX 1060
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1TB nvme
Corel programs: Video Studio 2020&2021 Ultimate

Post by cybernick »

I have the same issue in 2019 and 2020. Sometimes I can not delete the thumbnail. Therefore I generally delete the whole library folder. For every project I generally create a new library folder. But I have a COMMON lib that started to fill with garbage which I can not delete...
Another bug...
cybernick

Post by cybernick »

As you can see I can not delete event thumbnails with broken link.
Attachments
delete.zip
(1.67 MiB) Downloaded 19 times
lata
Site Admin

Post by lata »

Several things can go wrong with the library from a simple re-link of our own files or a corrupt library that can have unusual results.
First view the library showing the Samples Images within the Background folder, are there any relinks showing within the programs Samples?
Then do the same for the Overlay library Graphic folder
If there are re-links showing the yellow flag please take a snapshot and attach to your post

The video was a good effort but zoomed in so far that the text cannot be read, neither can I see which library section you have open, although I can assume what is happening.
Can you go to Settings – Preferences – (F6) General Tab – make sure Re-link checking is ticked / selected, after changing this setting reboot the program.
Now try selecting the thumbnail from the video does the re-link message appear?
If yes --- at the top of that panel shows the last known location of that file, take a note of that, selecting re-link will allow us to browse our hard drive folders, again the actual file is identified at the top of this window.

I assume the thumbnail you cannot delete is one of your own files, not being able to delete that would indicate to me a corrupt library, we have several options in resetting the library or resetting the program before resorting to a full re-install. Most efforts in fixing this will result in removing all your personal folders and reverting the Samples back to as installed.

1 / Resetting the program by renaming the 23.0 folder to “23.0_old” should reset the program.
C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Ulead Systems\Corel VideoStudio Pro (x64)\23.0
2 / From Video Studio – Settings Library Manager – Reset Library will again return the library back to as installed removing all your personal folders
You can try using the Export option, but if the library is corrupt using Export will not help.

After performing a reset check the library Samples are they working ok of showing a yellow flag?
Regards Trevor
cybernick

Post by cybernick »

Actually I know that the video is zoomed and is not clear. I just wanted to show you that delete does not work. I do not want to relink any of my media since I have it deleted the file on purpose. I want to show you that even the unlinked thumbnail can not be deleted.
Resetting the library unfortunately is something I know very well. If you have access check my support tickets. Generally it is suggested as the first option in almost every problem.
My issue is why it is so sensitive. Why that software which I really love and fill comfortable to use also does not provide reliability. There is almost no day with no bug...
I am using it for years and I almost buy every new version just to support expecting that the QA will be better then the previous. But.....
lata
Site Admin

Post by lata »

Because the video was zoomed in it did not show which library folder was affected or if the Samples were affected
I asked for a screen shot of the Samples and Overlay libraries, if showing the yellow flag would indicate a corrupt library

Some issues when trying to re-link do not work as expected hence my comments on re-linking.

What you show does seems to indicate a corrupt library not just a simple re-link.

I mentioned about the re-link message showing the last known location, for samples, if the library is corrupt that may indicate X7 and not the installed program

So all questions are relevant even if Corel Support have covered these

Can I ask when you install Video Studio do you use the default folder locations or do you select other locations.
If you choose other locations are they on an external Hard Drive.

And for me the library is very stable when using my own projects
The only time i have issues is when testing and pushing the boundaries, self inflicted problems.

Can you read my previous post and reply to some of those questions because your last reply did not help in identifying the problems you are having
Regards Trevor
cybernick

Post by cybernick »

Let me show one more strange action. I tried to delete one audio file. It did nothing then I tried to delete the other one but delete the first one.
Please check.

I really need a library recovery solution without resetting everything. As you can see it is not the samples only. It is from my project. I generally keep it tidy and delete every library folder after delivery of the video. But nowadays I starting facing this issue more and more.
Attachments
delete 2.zip
(1.91 MiB) Downloaded 20 times
lata
Site Admin

Post by lata »

Hi
I don’t know what to do to stop this strange behaviour without resetting the program or a library reset, it does appear to be a corrupt library whether it only affects that folder I don’t know.
I have not seen this problem before and do not think it has been reported before.

If you right click the clip and choose Locate on Computer, does that work indicating the correct location.

I notice you have hidden the Images and Video clips, so I doubt you would like to just simply delete the folder from the list
If you show the Images and Video, do you have issues deleting those.

You could try inserting all Video and Images along with the audio clips to the timelines, then save the project, simply creating a copy of the clips.
Now delete the folder
Recreate a new folder to drag the clips back from the timelines.

I’ll give it a bit more thought but really clutching at straws here
Regards Trevor
Choi seong chul
motherboard: Asus Z390
processor: InteCore i9 9900KF
ram: 64GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB
sound_card: MAYA U5 External Sound Card
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 4TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: LED Raantec 24"
Corel programs: CVS X4,- X10,2018,2019,2020,2021

Post by Choi seong chul »

This problem has happened very occasionally from before.
In my experience, the only way video studio.
It must be completely removed and reinstalled to return to normal.
But I don’t know why this is happening
It doesn't happen often.
cybernick

Post by cybernick »

lata wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:34 pm
Hi
I don’t know what to do to stop this strange behaviour without resetting the program or a library reset, it does appear to be a corrupt library whether it only affects that folder I don’t know.
I have not seen this problem before and do not think it has been reported before.

If you right click the clip and choose Locate on Computer, does that work indicating the correct location.

I notice you have hidden the Images and Video clips, so I doubt you would like to just simply delete the folder from the list
If you show the Images and Video, do you have issues deleting those.

You could try inserting all Video and Images along with the audio clips to the timelines, then save the project, simply creating a copy of the clips.
Now delete the folder
Recreate a new folder to drag the clips back from the timelines.

I’ll give it a bit more thought but really clutching at straws here
All files are in correct folders. And putting it in timeline always works. No problem on that. Also importing works with no problem.
I have just hidden pics and video just to show it to you as simple as possible. Unhide them does not help at all.

Generally this is my solution. Create a new folder and import media there. But since I keep a folder only up to the time I finish the project I started leaving as they are. But obviously there is something wrong.
Like the audio glitch I mentioned in a earlier post in MP4 files. Video Studio needs really a good touch in the reliability point of view. I would buy the newer version if the only promise would be "no abnormal crushes and full utilization of GPU". I really do not care about extra features. I need a reliable platform which I do not need to re-install and/or reset from time to time.
Ken Berry
Site Admin

Post by Ken Berry »

I might add that I only get this in VS 2020, and not earlier versions.
Ken Berry