ram: 16 gb
Video Card: on board
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 500 SSD
Monitor/Display Make & Model: LG W2242 [Monitor]
Corel programs: CVSX10, 18, 19, 20, PSP, PI, MS3D

Re: Cannot delete miniatures

Post by lata »

Apologies Ken, I had taken your earlier comments to be associated with re-linking and an external drive.
As you have more than one PC does this delete problem occur with all PC’s.
I have tried loads of options trying to replicate the problem, yesterday looking at the effect setting Read Only to the files, really clutching at straws, still unable to cause this problem.

cybernick
I will ask questions that you feel are not relevant, you are fortunate in that you can view the library in full, for me I do not see the hidden files so do not know if there is a problem there. You have now answered that query.
It may have been useful to know where the clip was that had the yellow flag, your first MP4 video, I assume you have turned off Relink Checking.
So when you unhide the videos do you have problems deleting video or is it only one type of clip.

You asked “I really need a library recovery solution without resetting everything “, I provided a possible way to move the files to a new folder then delete the old folder, did you try that option.
Even so I still think it is a corrupt library so any changes to the clips will not help

When last did you re-install the program, if you have not done so I would suggest re-installing with a new set of downloaded installation files to see if that improves things. Even so I assume the problem re-occurs at some point.
Regards Trevor
cybernick
operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
Video Card: GTX 1060
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1TB nvme
Corel programs: Video Studio 2020&2021 Ultimate

Post by cybernick »

lata wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:17 am
Apologies Ken, I had taken your earlier comments to be associated with re-linking and an external drive.
As you have more than one PC does this delete problem occur with all PC’s.
I have tried loads of options trying to replicate the problem, yesterday looking at the effect setting Read Only to the files, really clutching at straws, still unable to cause this problem.

cybernick
I will ask questions that you feel are not relevant, you are fortunate in that you can view the library in full, for me I do not see the hidden files so do not know if there is a problem there. You have now answered that query.
It may have been useful to know where the clip was that had the yellow flag, your first MP4 video, I assume you have turned off Relink Checking.
So when you unhide the videos do you have problems deleting video or is it only one type of clip.

You asked “I really need a library recovery solution without resetting everything “, I provided a possible way to move the files to a new folder then delete the old folder, did you try that option.
Even so I still think it is a corrupt library so any changes to the clips will not help

When last did you re-install the program, if you have not done so I would suggest re-installing with a new set of downloaded installation files to see if that improves things. Even so I assume the problem re-occurs at some point.
The relink is off. And it is not an issue.
But I tried what you mentioned. When all media types are not hidden the deletion works fine. Strange?!?!?

Also my VS 2020 installation is not that recent. I just remember last August I installed the patch that automatically downloaded.
Also 2-3 weeks ago I uninstalled the 2019 version.
lata
Site Admin
motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC A88XM-A USB 3 1 Rev X 0x
processor: 4 10 gigahertz AMD A10-7890K Radeon R7
ram: 16 gb
Video Card: on board
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 500 SSD
Monitor/Display Make & Model: LG W2242 [Monitor]
Corel programs: CVSX10, 18, 19, 20, PSP, PI, MS3D

Post by lata »

Hi
Using Video Studio 2020
I can now replicate the problem of deleting clips from the library
It is indeed associated with hiding the Photos View

With Photos or Images hidden I can no longer delete/remove Audio clips
I'll check other hide options.

at least we seem to have found the culprit, now we have to persuade Corel to fix this problem.

Ken can you confirm
Regards Trevor
Ken Berry
Site Admin
motherboard: Intel NUC7i7BNB J31145-306
processor: Core i7-7567U + 32 GB Optane
ram: 16 GB
Video Card: Intel Iris Plus 650
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 2TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Kogan 32" 4K 3840 x 2160
Corel programs: VS 2020; PSP 2020; MS3D; ASP 3; DRAW 17

Post by Ken Berry »

Very interesting! During the opening process for VS, while the splash screen is still overlaying the main screen, video, photos and audio are all shown as active. But when the splash screen disappears, photos are no longer there. I confess I had not noticed this before and had been trying to delete from the photoless screen. But I have now activated photos, and yes, I can now delete video...
Ken Berry
cybernick
Video Card: GTX 1060
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1TB nvme
Corel programs: Video Studio 2020&2021 Ultimate

Post by cybernick »

Also try to import a media which the type of it is hidden. In 2019 it never shown in the lib after you unhide. I believe in 2020 it has been solved. Corel really need to update its test and QA procedures.