motherboard: ASUS TUF Gaming FX705DY
processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3550H
ram: 16GB
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Generic pnp
Corel programs: Video Studio 2020 Ultimate

Formatting lost in VS2020 projects after rendering

Post by colin_bright »

I have an issue with Video Studio Ultimate 2020. I have checked other posts, etc, but cannot find a post that helps.

I am in the process of creating several videos, I have saved the projects, and rendered some of them, but now when I open some of the projects the formatting has gone, by this I mean the clips that I had trimmed are now back to their full length, and any effects, pan and zoom etc have gone. I have created 9 videos projects, 5 of which have now lost all the formatting of the video clips. Out of these five, three have changed resolution for some reason from 1280 x 720 [my standard] to 1920 x 1080, and one of these three will not play at all and gives an error message saying 'encountered an improper argument'

Some the video files were recorded on a mobile phone and are MP4 data rate ~17000 kbps, other clips from screen capture are MP4, data rate ~9000 kbps. They were transferred to my laptop using a cable. I am not using audio from the video clips, I am importing audio I have produced, they are all .wav with a bit rate of around 1500 kbps.

When rendering the videos, I was using AVC (1280 X 720, 50p, 18Mbps), but have noticed that some of them were created AVC (1920 X 1080, 25p, 20Mbps), I don't remember changing this...

I really hope someone can help.

Thank you

Colin
lata
Site Admin
operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC A88XM-A USB 3 1 Rev X 0x
processor: 4 10 gigahertz AMD A10-7890K Radeon R7
ram: 16 gb
Video Card: on board
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 500 SSD
Monitor/Display Make & Model: LG W2242 [Monitor]
Corel programs: CVSX10, 18, 19, 20, PSP, PI, MS3D

Re: Formatting lost in VS2020 projects after rendering

Post by lata »

Hi Colin
Very strange that the VSP project files have lost the details and reverted back to before the edits, not really sure what to think, when you save the project do you simply Save or Save As to add a new name, Save As would create multiple copies of the project, some older than the others.
Ok
Rendering where the frame sizes changing is also unusual.
What are the properties of the original video files?
And what are the project properties?
You should try to match the project properties to your video files properties, this cannot be done for all clips when mixing types and frame sizes.

If your recordings are using 25fps then its pointless rendering to 50P
If you mix frame sizes 1280 x 720 and 1920 x 1080, both will look ok as they are both using 16:9 ratio, rendering to a new video file can only use one frame size so something has to change.

Improper Argument has raised its head before but is almost impossible to identify the culprit, without seeing the project its difficult.
Finally Mobile Phone video may be troublesome to edit where the recording has used a variable frame rate, the properties of those video files should show the rates.
Regards Trevor
colin_bright
motherboard: ASUS TUF Gaming FX705DY
processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3550H
ram: 16GB
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Generic pnp
Corel programs: Video Studio 2020 Ultimate

Post by colin_bright »

Dear Trevor, thank you for your reply

I just use Save, once I have a project created. The original videos are a mix of 1280 x 720 and 1920 x 1080, all are 30 fps. The project was 1280 x 720.

Is there any way to 'restore' a project to a previous save point?

Best wishes

Colin
lata
Site Admin
motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC A88XM-A USB 3 1 Rev X 0x
processor: 4 10 gigahertz AMD A10-7890K Radeon R7
ram: 16 gb
Video Card: on board
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 500 SSD
Monitor/Display Make & Model: LG W2242 [Monitor]
Corel programs: CVSX10, 18, 19, 20, PSP, PI, MS3D

Post by lata »

Hi Colin
There are no options to restore a project to an earlier saved version.
The only way for that is to use Save As to create a series of VSP project files.
I still do not understand why a project would revert to an earlier saved version, as though a system restore, even that would not affect our personal files, I don’t think.

You are mixing frame types but even so would not cause this, rendering can only use one type, then you seem to be using 25fps, 50fps and now mention 30fps. Changing the frame rate will impact on quality.

As for loosing the actual edits within the vsp is so far a mystery that I do not understand.
Maybe others on the forum will have some ideas?
Regards Trevor