Difficulties Scaling Clips in Split Screen Template

paul46038
operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C

Difficulties Scaling Clips in Split Screen Template

Post by paul46038 »

I made a simple three-panel split screen and was able to assign clips to each area. Then - somehow - I was able to scale and move the clips in the windows. When I play the project, the scaling seems to only be assigned to one point in time - then it reverts to the default state. I can see where multiple scalings might be useful but surely I can just use one throughout my whole video?

TIA
lata
Site Admin
operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC A88XM-A USB 3 1 Rev X 0x
processor: 4 10 gigahertz AMD A10-7890K Radeon R7
ram: 16 gb
Video Card: on board
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 500 SSD
Monitor/Display Make & Model: LG W2242 [Monitor]
Corel programs: CVSX10, 18, 19, 20, PSP, PI, MS3D

Re: Difficulties Scaling Clips in Split Screen Template

Post by lata »

Hi Paul
and welcome to the forums
What version of VS are you using, may be helpful if you ipdate your profile with those details.

Keyframes
At the bottom of the Template Editor is a Keyframe track, the first and last keyframes are provided as default
I suspect you have repositioned the split on the last keyframe, so first and last are different.

There is no option to copy and paste keyframes so you will have to copy the details, horizontal, vertical, rotation etc
The active keyframe being in red, switch keyframes using the navigation buttons End / Home

At least i think that is what you have done
When finished hit the OK will return you to the timelines with a SplitScreen01.vsmontage clip placed in the Media Library
Double clicking that will open the editor again.

I do not use the Export as Template option
Regards Trevor