What Hollywood movie was edited with Corel VideoStudio?

atz
operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: D
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
processor: 3 GHz
ram: 16GB
Corel programs: VideoStudio

Post by atz »

canuck
operating_system: Windows 8.1
System_Drive: C

Re: What Hollywood movie was edited with Corel VideoStudio?

Post by canuck »

I doubt any! There is much better software (costing $1000's) out there for that kind of editing
asik1
operating_system: Windows 7 Professional
motherboard: H170M-E D3
processor: i5-6600
ram: 8gb
Video Card: GTX1050
Hard_Drive_Capacity: No hoarder
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Philips 19" + samsung 19"
Corel programs: VS-X9.2

Post by asik1 »

Why it's important? Are you going to make an Hollywood movie?
Or you have made one and needs to edit it?
SoNic67
motherboard: Dell Precision T7610
processor: dual Intel Xeon E5-2667 V2
ram: 64 GB
Video Card: nVidia GTX 1080
sound_card: SB ZxR
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 8 TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: AOC U2879VF
Corel programs: VideoStudio 2020

Post by SoNic67 »

To use VideoStudio in a commercial enterprise you have to comply with this EULA: https://www.corel.com/en/eula/?AID=10805511&PID=9069228
ADDITIONAL TERMS APPLICABLE TO USERS OF WINDVD AND VIDEOSTUDIO PRO: You acknowledge that use of the Software in any manner that complies with the MPEG-2 or MPEG-4 standard is expressly prohibited without a license under applicable patents in the MPEG-2 patent portfolio or MPEG-4 patent portfolio, as applicable, which license is available from MPEG LA, L.L.C. (http://www.mpegla.com/main/default.aspx), 6312 S. Fiddlers Green Circle, Suite 400E, Greenwood Village, Colorado, 80111, USA. You acknowledge that the software may be licensed under the VC-1 patent portfolio license for the personal and non-commercial use of a consumer to (1) encode video in compliance with the VC-1 standard (“VC-1 video”) and/or (2) decode VC-1 video that was encoded by a consumer engaged in a personal and non-commercial activity and/or was obtained from a video provider licensed to provide VC-1 video. No license is granted or shall be implied for any other use. Additional information may be obtained from MPEG LA, L.L.C. (http://www.mpegla.com/main/default.aspx). You acknowledge that the software may be licensed under the AVC patent portfolio license for the personal and non-commercial use of a consumer to (a) encode video in compliance with the AVC standard (“AVC video”) and/or (b) decode AVC video that was encoded by a consumer engaged in a personal and non-commercial activity and/or was obtained from a video provider licensed to provide AVC video. No license is granted or shall be implied for any other use. Additional information may be obtained from MPEG LA, L.L.C. (http://www.mpegla.com/main/default.aspx). You agree that the software may be licensed under the MP3 license. Supply of the Software does not convey a license or imply any right to distribute MP3-encoded or MP3PRO-encoded data in revenue-generating broadcast systems, streaming applications, other content distribution systems, or on physical media. An independent license for such use is required. Additional information may be obtained from the MP3 licensing website (http://mp3licensing.com). If You have purchased the Software as a retail standalone product, Corel has paid the royalties for the above licenses.
Basically, the final video product, if used commercially, cannot be encoded in MPEG-2/MPEG-4, VC-1, AVC, or any mp3/mp4 formats, without paying extra for those licenses. Corel paid licensing for those only as a home-use product (that is zero $). Please note that does not refer to any IP rights about the video content, just about the video encoding format in a file.
The other video editors, that are more costly, usually include in that price a commercial license for those formats.
To me that would include any video file uploads to YouTube that are monetized... but I am not a lawyer.

PS: Note that there is no limitation for commercial use for the WMV format. But that has the max quality profile at 1920x1080, 30FPS.
tletter
processor: i7-3632QM 2.2 GHz
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1TB
Corel programs: X4, X5, X6, X7, X8, X9, X10, 2018, 2019

Post by tletter »

atz wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:54 pm
Gone with the Wind - Academy Award for Best Picture (1939) using VS1938 :D

tletter
https://www.youtube.com/user/tletter
William1993

Post by William1993 »

There's a chance some trailers were edited with orel VideoStudio, although I doubt it since these producers have more advanced video and sound editing software for movies, so why not use the same thing for trailers?
atz

Post by atz »

Which movie trailers are you talking about?
asik1

Post by asik1 »

atz, Why it's of any importance? enlighten us.
atz

Post by atz »

I didn't ask considering something important.

But since you want to give it some importance, I think it would be important in two ways:

For Corel:
It would attract more clients by collateral advertising alongside the hit movies.

For Clients:
Get motivated to use the tool professionally for financially profitable projects. Not using CVS only for weddings.

So far I have found two possible trailers made with CVS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bf-5cJxto48

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDXhkjAP5A4

And of course we hope that CVS Promo was made with CVS (FIngercross)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9jB1di62To
TonyP
motherboard: Gigabtye X570 Elite
processor: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12core 24threads
ram: 32GB 3200
Video Card: MSI Gaming X RX480 8GB
sound_card: Realtek
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 10TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: LG 27" IPS 4k, Acer 24" 1920x1080
Corel programs: VS2020, PSP2019, Aftershot 3

Post by TonyP »

Sorry, Videostudio doesn't have the editing tools that many professionals use.
I don't know if you have ever looked at Avid Media Composer (you can get Media Composer First for free), Premiere Pro (which you will pay forever) or Davinci Resolve (there is a free version of this software). Once you do this, you will understand "why".
Heck, get a trial of Vegas Pro 18 (scroll down to the bottom of the page) and you will see.
Also, plugins play a role, and these cost way more than CVS, and CVS doesn't support them anyway.
Go to BorisFX (you get a taste of BorisFX with Boris BCC) and Red Giant's websites and again, you will understand "why". Oh, and there are more...
There there is the delivery medium.... what color space is everything calibrated for, what about the audio plugins.... the list is pretty extensive.
Then consider what types of camera codecs the software supports. Ever heard of Red, Arri, or Panavision?
And many of these cameras shoot at a resolution that CVS does not support.
What about the audio? What VST plugins does CVS support? And there are tons of free ones out there. What audio software integrates with CVS? Sound Forge Pro 14 isn't as expensive as other audio software and integrates with Vegas Pro 18.
There are a host more reasons as to why "professionals" (and I use that term loosely...I know many event people who do quite well) use the above products.

With that said, CVS can produce great videos. It's easy to learn and does have the "power" to produce wonderful videos in the right hands. Just not Hollywood "movies".
asik1

Post by asik1 »

atz, I don't know your age or experience but it's not the software importance but what between the ears of it's user. Do you realy think that "in the movies" they hire the software?
In movie editing the sound is much more important than vision so I can guaranty you that even on VS 2025 no full feature movie will be edit.
And no, the VS2020 promo wasn't done on VS as any other VS's promo. they probably done in AE.