VideoStudeo 2020

VideoStudeo 2020

Postby DaisyK » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:47 pm

1. I recently purchased VideoStudio 2020 software but have yet to use it mainly because the video clips I want/need to add to the timeline have no audio to be heard. They have been downloaded from a Sony digital video camera that I have used for several years. None of the clips from the camera play. Other video clips play correctly. One of the files is named ( 20200609160944 MPEG1/2 Media ) Properties MPEG1/2 Media (.m2ts). What do I need to do to accept the video audio? I have used VideoStudio X10 for years and this same video plays well with that software. Thought I was improving my game.

2. Second question - I am getting an error message with VideoStudio X10 resulting in an inaccurate rendering. I have the installation disc... do I need to totally uninstall before I install it again?

Since COVID-19 we are videoing church worship services for online and if I cannot get this worked out I am in big trouble. :roll:
Win7 Home Premium 64 Bit
AMD Phenom II 820 Quad-Core
ATI Radeon HD4200
6GB DDR3 system memory
1 Terabyte HD
DaisyK

operating_system: Windows 7 Home Premium
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
processor: AMD Phenom II 820 Quad-Core
ram: 6GB DDR3
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD4200 Integrated Graphics
sound_card: Realtek HD Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1 Terabyte
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Dell M782

Re: VideoStudeo 2020

Postby Ken Berry » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:37 am

Not sure why you posted this where you did. But I have moved it to the Video Studio forum where you are likely to get more answers.

As for your first question, I am assuming that the audio is Dolby and probably Dolby 5.1. If so, then in VS 2020 Corel has for some unexplained reason ditched Dolby for Windows 7 computers. They have retained it for the moment in Windows 10, though only for dual channel stereo, not 5.1. If you have an earlier version of VS, I suggest you use that instead of VS 2020 for this project and any others using Dolby.
Ken Berry
Ken Berry
Site Admin

operating_system: Windows 10
motherboard: Intel NUC7i7BNB J31145-306
processor: Core i7-7567U + 32 GB Optane
ram: 16 GB
Video Card: Intel Iris Plus 650
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 2TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Kogan 32" 4K 3840 x 2160
Corel programs: VS 2020; PSP 2020; MS3D; ASP 3; DRAW 17

Postby lata » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:05 am

Hi Daisy
I agree with Ken you should avoid using CVS2020 with Windows 7 where the video has Digital Dolby audio.
Can you give more details as to the error message you are seeing using X10

To complete your video you would go to Share to render the project, what options do you choose there

As a workround to use CVS 2020 with Windows 7 you could convert the original .m2ts to your output choice, maybe MP4, using the new files to compose your movie.
Much easier if you can get X10 working

And yes you will have to uninstall X10 to re-install
I would advise that you first Export the library, that will create a copy to be imported again to the new X10 installation.
Regards Trevor
lata
Site Admin

motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC A88XM-A USB 3 1 Rev X.0x
processor: 4.10 gigahertz AMD A10-7890K Radeon R7
ram: 16 gb
Video Card: on board
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 500 SSD
Monitor/Display Make & Model: LG W2242 [Monitor]
Corel programs: CVS7, 9, 10, 18, 19, 20, PSP, PI, MS3D

Postby DaisyK » Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:19 pm

Sorry Ken Berry I'm not sure what made me think I was posting in the correct place. I haven't been back to the forum for a long time...

I don't know what the error message in X10 said because it flashed on the screen and was gone. So this was a worship video I was recording for our church, to upload to YouTube. The main part was the recording Pastor did to use in this video, using the video camera we have used for weeks. Two segments added were furnished by the church conference, both MP4 format. As I rendered this 40 min service X10 completed the rendering to the end with the background music played to the end; but the screen went black four photo slides before the end of service. Trying to determine what caused this I redid the end which was the sending song we use every week with photos. That section rendered and played correctly on its own. The first part of the service which included the two conference videos played perfectly. So I added the ending render to the beginning to create a whole service and the ending played the error same as the first time. I think it went black at the same time but this time was new photo slides.

So I have no idea why this was happening. I did uninstall X10 and reinstall. Same thing! So it is not the software. I had purchased 2020 but not used it yet and was disappointed it did not have audio. Now I understand as you have explained.

I'm a learn as I go person with not a lot of background knowledge even though I have been processing worship service video for years using X10. I woke early this morning with the thought, I wonder if I could convert the camera recording to MP4 in X10 as you suggested. The test worked! An extra step in order to use 2020 but... At least I know how I can use the new software. Thank you for your answers.

One thing I am looking forward to is the audio setting to adjust different audio levels of clips added, to the same level. We have added scripture readings and music vocals recorded on cell phone at home and sent to us to be added to Pastor's recording. I hope I am understanding what this accomplishes.

Any way thank you for answering my post.
Win7 Home Premium 64 Bit
ATI Radeon HD4200
6GB DDR3 system memory
1 Terabyte HD
DaisyK

Postby lata » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:22 pm

Hi Daisy

Using the motion transport video m2ts files should not cause any problems when editing using X10
A little concerned regarding the MP4 types especially if recorded using I-phones, some do record using a variable frame rate which can cause problems for Video Studio.
Can you provide the properties of the MP4 video, right click the clip and select properties, what are they? In particular the frame rate.

I assume your m2ts video is the longest, then I would convert the MP4 to m2ts to edit the project
I would then render the complete project to m2ts - Same as First Clip or Same as project Settings should do that.
If that render is successful I convert that file to the format used to upload to YouTube, possibility MP4

I’m sure Ken will have some thoughts on this
Regards Trevor
lata
Site Admin

Monitor/Display Make & Model: LG W2242 [Monitor]
Corel programs: CVS7, 9, 10, 18, 19, 20, PSP, PI, MS3D

Postby DaisyK » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:43 pm

Hello and thank you again for your help. What I did was render the file from the video camera in vs10 then did my editing in vs2020 as you suggested. Pastor likes using purchased worship services which come with matching video clips. Wasn't too bad last week but the files this week are troubling. (new worship series) Sound is not too bad on my computer but our local tv station has offered during the COVID worry to host our worship for free. Just listening now and one has to constantly adjust the volumn. :roll:

So my question is... did I see where there is an audio adjustment setting with 2020 to adjust the audio volume of each file to match? I am hoping YouTube does not mess me up this week. I will continue to try to figure this out but I appreciate any suggestions for this. Video looks good!

Thanks for your help.
Win7 Home Premium 64 Bit
ATI Radeon HD4200
6GB DDR3 system memory
1 Terabyte HD
DaisyK

Postby Davidk » Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:54 am

There is a method to "normalise" audio - make all audio the same level - in rendered outputs, but it's for disks. In the burn module step 3, the render output can be done with normalized audio (a tick box selection). What this does is make all audio in the selections the same level - which nullifies any intended soft whispers or loud verbal emphasis components, as well as variations in individual clip levels.

I can't see that this applies to a streaming video requirement; in fact, any editing would be impossible if it is real-time streaming. Broadcast (delayed streaming by another name) of an edited file is entirely possible.

You could try this approach: create rendered outputs to an iso file using normalised audio and assess it; the iso output file is playable by a number of reputable players (VLC usually recommended here).

Otherwise, use the sound mixer and adjust the sound of each clip to a preferred level, then render.

Alternatively, if you have mulitple camera outputs of the same scenes, you could consider using the the captured camera imagery in a multi-camera editing (MCE - icon option in the timeline tool bar) effort. Using MCE: a specific sound source is identified as the sound sync track, can be a video clip or a specific sound source like microphone on a lectern, and everything in the composition is synchronised to it.. One you have mixed/edited the clips, the sound is the selected one, thus any levels are as desired, and any sound in other clips is muted. There is a tutorial on MCE available.
Davidk

motherboard: Gigabyte H97M-D3H
processor: Intel core i3 3.7ghz dual core processor
ram: 8Gb
Video Card: on-motherboard Intel HD 4400 graphics chipset
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 5.8Tb
Monitor/Display Make & Model: HP E240c video conferencing monitor
Corel programs: VideoStudio X9,X10,2018,2019,2020

Postby lata » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:37 am

DaisyK wrote:So my question is... did I see where there is an audio adjustment setting with 2020 to adjust the audio volume of each file to match? I am hoping YouTube does not mess me up this week. I will continue to try to figure this out but I appreciate any suggestions for this. Video looks good!

Thanks for your help.

Hi Davidk/ DaisyK

There is an option to Normalize Audio applied to clips on the main timelines
First select your clips, Shift + Click will select adjacent clips
Right click that selection for the context menu – Audio - Normalise audio

I cannot say how effective it will be as each video will be different but it does appear to work, worth giving it a go.
Regards Trevor
lata
Site Admin