NostalgiaNerd
operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit

Re: So many issues with Video Studio 2019

Post by NostalgiaNerd »

I've had a reply from Corel's support team;
Hello Peter,

Thank you for contacting Corel Technical Support. My name is Austin and I have been assigned to your ticket.

After reviewing the facts before me, it has been found that the problems being reported, are already known to us and have been reported to our Engineering department for review and action. This case will be elevated to the Engineering team to have action against it.

Any replies or further communications, will come from me, once the Engineering team has provided a solution.

Regards,
Austin
Corel Customer Support Services
I'll keep my eyes peeled for an update.
DH88Comet
motherboard: Gigabyte Z270X Ultra Gaming
processor: Intel i7 Quad Core Processor i7 7700 3.6GHz
ram: 32GB
Video Card: 4GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050 Ti
sound_card: ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL 5.1
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 18.5TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Iiyama ProLite E24007HDSD & Dell S2009W
Corel programs: VideoStudio X8, X9 X10 2018 & 2019

Post by DH88Comet »

So we come back to 2019 Ultimate, the bane of my life. Here are my own issues with this, (and I am trying VERY hard not to swear here), software.

1. Continual crashes during the first two weeks after installation, even clicking on an item on the timeline would cause a crash. This has now settled down.
2. Not being able to use ANY transitions after using Mercalli, VS insists the Mercalli needs to be run on the transition.
3. intermittent working of Multi-trim from right click and Edit.
4. Unable to put Fade to Black (or any other) transition at the end of a project. Get message 'The video clips are too short to apply transition effect. Unable to load library.' Clips are over twenty seconds
so not really too short.
5. and this is the best one yet! If I Multi-trim a clip into say three parts then apply Mercalli to each part (I've given up on transitions completely now). When the Mercalli analysis has been applied to the
third part I'll have to do it again to the first and second parts, when that's done I'll have to do it again to the other parts ad infinitum. Put simply I can only apply Mercalli to one part, If I want to use the
other two parts with Mercalli I have to make two copies of the original clip, rename them, then re-trim each new clip then apply Mercalli to each clip. This is not only a waste of disc space but totally
unacceptable for something that I've had to pay for.

To make matters worse If I save a project to 2018 format (even if I remove Mercalli effects), the problems are still there, and if I save to X10 format, the project won't even open.
NostalgiaNerd

Post by NostalgiaNerd »

DH88Comet wrote: 5. and this is the best one yet! If I Multi-trim a clip into say three parts then apply Mercalli to each part (I've given up on transitions completely now). When the Mercalli analysis has been applied to the
third part I'll have to do it again to the first and second parts, when that's done I'll have to do it again to the other parts ad infinitum. Put simply I can only apply Mercalli to one part, If I want to use the
other two parts with Mercalli I have to make two copies of the original clip, rename them, then re-trim each new clip then apply Mercalli to each clip. This is not only a waste of disc space but totally

To make matters worse If I save a project to 2018 format (even if I remove Mercalli effects), the problems are still there, and if I save to X10 format, the project won't even open.
I was so irritated by point 5, I forgot to add it to my list of gripes!
Davidk
motherboard: Gigabyte H97M-D3H
processor: Intel core i3 3_7ghz dual core processor
ram: 8Gb
Video Card: on-motherboard Intel HD 4400 graphics chipset
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 5_8Tb
Monitor/Display Make & Model: HP E240c video conferencing monitor
Corel programs: VideoStudio: 5 old versions + 2021

Post by Davidk »

Don't expect anything fixed in VS soon - Corel's developers are focussed on release 23 of Pinnacle studio right now, ordinarily on the market around end-July or early August. And even tho there are common problems in 2018 and 2019, Corel generally doesn't fix issues in earlier releases unless they are really drastic: like, fail to start on every installed version. Corel brought our a crash fix for about 4 versions when Microsoft changed windows a few years back that had this effect. Otherwise, their view is fix by upgrade. Really short-sighted when the older members of this forum know the new/latest version has the same issue(s), have long memories and older versions available/installed.

What you see in this thread are the reasons many/most of the experienced users are retaining X9/X10 for general use: those versions were stable and generally bug-free.
NostalgiaNerd

Post by NostalgiaNerd »

Davidk wrote:Don't expect anything fixed in VS soon - Corel's developers are focussed on release 23 of Pinnacle studio right now, ordinarily on the market around end-July or early August. And even tho there are common problems in 2018 and 2019, Corel generally doesn't fix issues in earlier releases unless they are really drastic: like, fail to start on every installed version. Corel brought our a crash fix for about 4 versions when Microsoft changed windows a few years back that had this effect. Otherwise, their view is fix by upgrade. Really short-sighted when the older members of this forum know the new/latest version has the same issue(s), have long memories and older versions available/installed.

What you see in this thread are the reasons many/most of the experienced users are retaining X9/X10 for general use: those versions were stable and generally bug-free.
Ahhh yes, I remember that well. I think I posted a fix, involving blocking internet access to the program using the firewall, until Corel fixed it at least.

I'm pretty resigned to not seeing fixes until 2020 to be honest. But I also expect that release will have it's own set of issues. But it feels sad to jump ship at this point, as I've used Corel products since the Windows 3.1 shareware days.
simonpockley
Corel programs: VideoStudio Pro Ultimate 19

Post by simonpockley »

I really regret upgrading to VS19. It crashes all the time. I can't get the screen window to stabilise. All clips suddenly went to letterbox. Then, when I laboriously changed each one to fit the screen it suddenly distorts when playing in preview but not when playing individual clips. Any suggestions on how to fix this?
Chaofei
motherboard: ASRock H61M U3S3
processor: Intel I5-3570
ram: 16GB
Video Card: Nvidia GTS -1050
sound_card: Realtek onboard sound
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Samsung 22 Inch
Corel programs: Corel Videostudio X9 Ultimate

Post by Chaofei »

DH88Comet wrote:So we come back to 2019 Ultimate, the bane of my life. Here are my own issues with this, (and I am trying VERY hard not to swear here), software.

1. Continual crashes during the first two weeks after installation, even clicking on an item on the timeline would cause a crash. This has now settled down.
2. Not being able to use ANY transitions after using Mercalli, VS insists the Mercalli needs to be run on the transition.
3. intermittent working of Multi-trim from right click and Edit.
4. Unable to put Fade to Black (or any other) transition at the end of a project. Get message 'The video clips are too short to apply transition effect. Unable to load library.' Clips are over twenty seconds
so not really too short.
5. and this is the best one yet! If I Multi-trim a clip into say three parts then apply Mercalli to each part (I've given up on transitions completely now). When the Mercalli analysis has been applied to the

Sorry for hear that.
For me after updated to v22.3.0.436 all of the problems gone,
the most anoying timeline gap also gone too, may i know have you updated already ?
NostalgiaNerd

Post by NostalgiaNerd »

I'm now just waiting for the next version to appear, whilst getting to grips with an alternative editor in the background.

If Video Studio 2020 is as bad, then it's bye bye from me.
cdoughertycd
motherboard: ASUS PHTD DELUXE
processor: 4 Core 2.93 gigahertz Intel Xeon
ram: 36 GB
Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series
sound_card: AMD HD Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1 TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Samsung S24B300

Post by cdoughertycd »

I've used VS for years. Last stable version for me was VS6 or 7. 2019Pro keeps crashing if I click on a transition I've put on the video track to adjust its length. Also clips I'm using that I've put in the library are disappearing with each crash, have to reload. Don't want to bail Corel and go through old dog/new tricks, but getting close.

Candy
Telmo
motherboard: Asrock H370M Pro-4
processor: Intel Intel I7 8700 4.6 Ghz
ram: 16 GB DDR4
Video Card: Geforce Gtx 1060 Gigabyte 6GB Windforce
sound_card: C3 Tech
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1 Tera SSD
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Realtek High Definition Audio
Corel programs: Videostudio 2019 Ultimate

Post by Telmo »

Screenshot_4.jpg
I feel lucky because I have been using VS 2018 Ultimate and was able to install some of my favorites Newblue Fx such as Essentials 6, Film Effects, Art effects, Pain Effects and most of my favorite Newblue Transition Effects.
lata
Site Admin
motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC A88XM-A USB 3 1 Rev X 0x
processor: 4 10 gigahertz AMD A10-7890K Radeon R7
ram: 16 gb
Video Card: on board
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 500 SSD
Monitor/Display Make & Model: LG W2242 [Monitor]
Corel programs: CVSX10, 18, 19, 20, PSP, PI, MS3D

Post by lata »

cdoughertycd wrote:I've used VS for years. Last stable version for me was VS6 or 7. 2019Pro keeps crashing if I click on a transition I've put on the video track to adjust its length. Also clips I'm using that I've put in the library are disappearing with each crash, have to reload. Don't want to bail Corel and go through old dog/new tricks, but getting close.

Candy
Once you have loaded clips to the library or changed settings in Preferences, closing the program and re-opening will set those changes, any crashes from then on should retain the library content
Worth doing if you are loading a lot of clips.
Regards Trevor
cdoughertycd
motherboard: ASUS PHTD DELUXE
processor: 4 Core 2.93 gigahertz Intel Xeon
ram: 36 GB
Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series
sound_card: AMD HD Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1 TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Samsung S24B300

Post by cdoughertycd »

Thanks Trevor, I'll try that.

Candy
excalibur1814
motherboard: AORUS Z490 ELITE Gaming
processor: i5-10600
Video Card: nVidia 1050
sound_card: Onboard
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 750gb
Monitor/Display Make & Model: AOC CU34G2X/BK 34"
Corel programs: Videostudio 2020, PSP 2020

Post by excalibur1814 »

Well... I finally gave in after realising that 2019 has expanded colour options (as well as luts).

Un-installed 2018, as well as all the other rubbish, removed the various folders from within Program files etc, to then install 2019.

Chucked a quick video onto the timeline, added audio and a picture, selected nVidia (whatever it is) to render and away it went. 99%... crash. Tried again. 99%... crash. I laughed. After getting used to the idiotic crashes in 2018, which you work around and remember to ALWAYS CONSTANTLY SAVE, I just found it funny.

Changed to the intel Quicksync (whatever it's called) and the completed, creating the video. Yay. I look forward to finding all the other bugs that make it crash. My favourite, from 2018, is confirming the erase of a thumbnail for a previous video. instant crash. or resizing text and clicking off of the window. Crash.

I only have myself to blame for buying each new release. :)
DH88Comet
motherboard: Gigabyte Z270X Ultra Gaming
processor: Intel i7 Quad Core Processor i7 7700 3.6GHz
Video Card: 4GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050 Ti
sound_card: ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL 5.1
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 18.5TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Iiyama ProLite E24007HDSD & Dell S2009W
Corel programs: VideoStudio X8, X9 X10 2018 & 2019

Post by DH88Comet »

I also have given up on 2019 and returned to version 2018 which works alright for me. My biggest gripe is that I cannot use the Mercalli plugin with ANY transition. But the latest problem is I purchased the Blu-Ray burning plugin and it will, without exception crashes VideoStudio after about fifteen minutes. It does this though, with 2018 and 2019.

I have started looking round for an alternative editor and am trying Adobe Premiere Elements 2020. However, the image stabilisation filter is rubbish, not to mention it can't do multi cam editing. I've looked at others but annoyingly, VideoStudio is the only one that does, or should do, all I want.
tletter
processor: i7-3632QM 2.2 GHz
ram: 16GB
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1TB
Corel programs: X4, X5, X6, X7, X8, X9, X10, 2018, 2019

Post by tletter »

DH88Comet wrote:My biggest gripe is that I cannot use the Mercalli plugin with ANY transition.
So if you have a project with only two clips and a transition between them, then you can't add the Mercalli filter to either or both clips?

FWIW, I use Mercalli all the time with transitions and have not experienced your issue whether I add transitions before or after running Mercalli.

tletter
https://www.youtube.com/user/tletter