Anyway to layer static images on an overlay track?

Wudman
operating_system: Windows 7 Professional
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: ARock P55 Extreme
processor: i5-750
ram: 8 GB
Video Card: Radeon 4670
sound_card: Board
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 5 TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Asus 24 + Acer 22

Anyway to layer static images on an overlay track?

Post by Wudman »

Spent all night working on a more complex "test" of V4 and it appears I ran into an overlay brick wall. My last component is a series of 6 social media-like icons and I only have two overlay tracks. It appears that I can select a group of images to drag to an overlay track but they are applied sequentially. I need them to persist to the end of the video.

I tried to drill down the forums on this subject because surely someone has run into this and some genius has run them out.

Is there a way to layer static images? I see that with shapes and titles I can go hog wild in one overlay.

Thank you.
BrianCee
operating_system: Windows 10
ram: 8GB
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 4TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: HP
Corel programs: VS X4,X5,X6,X7,X8, X9, X10, 2018 , 2019

Re: Anyway to layer static images on an overlay track?

Post by BrianCee »

I assume you mean you are using Version X4 - which is version 14 - version 4 is very very old and surely would not run on windows 7

In version 14 (including the trial version ) you have 6 overlay tracks and the main video track so you have room for all 6 of your icons - you need to activate the additional overlays - to the left of the timeline , under the icons for timeline or storyboard and level with the timeline ruler are two more small icons - hover your cursor over them - one says 'show all visible tracks' the other says 'Track manager' click on that then click to check the boxes for the additional overlays. If you still cant see them click on the 'show all visible tracks icon'

Not sure what you mean by go hog wild with shapes and titles in one overlay - you can still only have one item or shape at a time in an overlay - titles in the TITLE track are different in that you can have multiple titles at the same time.
lata
Site Admin
motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC A88XM-A USB 3 1 Rev X 0x
processor: 4 10 gigahertz AMD A10-7890K Radeon R7
ram: 16 gb
Video Card: on board
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 500 SSD
Monitor/Display Make & Model: LG W2242 [Monitor]
Corel programs: CVSX10, 18, 19, 20, PSP, PI, MS3D

Post by lata »

Hi
Just to add............
Working with the Overlay Tracks is similar to working with Layers when using an image editor, except that the order is reversed, the lower track being on top.

If you do not see all tracks, resize the timelines by dragging the top black bar upwards. Dragging the grey bar will detach the panel allowing you to enlarge. (floating panel)
Double click the top grey to attach (Settings – Layout Settings)
Regards Trevor
Wudman
operating_system: Windows 7 Professional
motherboard: ARock P55 Extreme
processor: i5-750
ram: 8 GB
Video Card: Radeon 4670
sound_card: Board
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 5 TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Asus 24 + Acer 22

Post by Wudman »

BrianCee wrote:I assume you mean you are using Version X4 - which is version 14 - version 4 is very very old and surely would not run on windows 7...

...Not sure what you mean by go hog wild with shapes and titles in one overlay - you can still only have one item or shape at a time in an overlay - titles in the TITLE track are different in that you can have multiple titles at the same time.
Maybe "hog wild" wasn't the best word. In this video test I have titles spread in both overlay and the title tracks. Unfortunately you cannot really have "unlimited" titles in the tracks IF you need those titles to persist through the video. In other words I can't layer titles. In my other video editor I can since you can edit individual length and effects of a title in what amounts to layers. What takes two title tracks and 3 overlays in this test, I can do in one title track in my existing editor.

I do like the feel and speed in VisualStudio Pro, but 6 overlay tracks and how titles are managed are tremendous limitations. I have engaged all the title tracks and have two overlay track left, but I need to add four icons with their own effects/movement into the frame. I have used up to 20 overlay tracks to bring static images to "life" in my current HD capable editor.

The main reason I opted into the trial was because of Corels fuller suite of publishing tools since I like to get horizontally integrated in a company for the sake of platform sanity. Again, I like the interface and may still acquire it for use as a simple and stable editing platform. Unlike my other editor, this has yet to crash once.

I "fired" Pinnacle's Ultimate Studio for good in 2010 after investing in it twice due to it's instability and the complete lack of concern on the part of the company to improve the product. I have a ton of HD video to edit from my 2011 adventures around the country and a recent trip to the 2012 CES that ended with a train ride from Seattle to Chicago with my new Panasonic HD camcorder doing time-lapse out the window of my sleeper. Early tests during my trial suggested to me that this was faster than my current editor even though it is a dedicated Win764 bit application.

I will probably acquire it for light projects, but I hope Corel is considers reacthing to what other companies are offered at similar price points last year...
Thanks again for the clarification.
BrianCee
ram: 8GB
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 4TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: HP
Corel programs: VS X4,X5,X6,X7,X8, X9, X10, 2018 , 2019

Post by BrianCee »

I do not know exactly how complicated your titles are but if you read this topic : - http://forum.corel.com/EN/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=40135 you will see that it shows how to have four separate titles which appear sequentially throughout the video and all persist to the end using just ONE title track - this could be easily extended to many more titles at the same time or to have titles come and go all using the one track.

I just re-did that demo so I could put up a video of the final effect - using only one title track - you can see it here :- http://vimeo.com/36819618