System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 32 Bit
motherboard: Dell Inc.0JC474 800 megahertz
processor: 2.80 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4
ram: 2040mb
Video Card: Inter 82915G GV 910GL Express chipset family
sound_card: device Instand ld Root Media MS_MMACM
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 80gb
Monitor/Display Make & Model: 17" LCD (analog only)

SMART SOUND SOFTWARE NOT FOUND & INSERT CORE FOUNDATIONS DIS

Post by raejohn »

Hi I have just purchased a download version of X4. I installed from the address given to me in the emails and began to instal the "do mores". After closing I tried to go into the program again only to find I could not launch it or any of the other versions either. I ended up doing a systems restore and contacted Corel who then gave me another download address. I have now loaded the program but when I go into instant projects the messages come up first to say c:\Smart Sound Software\Quicktracks\Library cannot be found. Please mount the drive which contains the folder etc. (I have already installed the update for smart sound (????) and am not sure how I "mount the drive" so to speak. Also I then get the message Insert Core Foundations disc into your drive - in the greyscale I can read that they refer to Global Vibes disc. and I am wondering if this was an extra in a previous version and my version is looking for it?? Any ideas. Please note I did not restart the computer after installing the smart sound update. I also have the SP1 and SP2 updates installed. Rae :roll:
lata
Site Admin
operating_system: Windows 10
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC A88XM-A USB 3 1 Rev X 0x
processor: 4 10 gigahertz AMD A10-7890K Radeon R7
ram: 16 gb
Video Card: on board
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 500 SSD
Monitor/Display Make & Model: LG W2242 [Monitor]
Corel programs: CVSX10, 18, 19, 20, PSP, PI, MS3D

Re: SMART SOUND SOFTWARE NOT FOUND & INSERT CORE FOUNDATIONS

Post by lata »

Hi Rae
Auto Music can be a bit of a pain when it doesn’t install correctly……..

From X4 Auto Music tab, try selecting the Smart Sound QuickTracks.
The “albums” tab shows the installed albums.
I think you should see Core Foundations – Full Spectrum – New Standards- Bonus Pack4

The “About” tab allows you to “Rebuild SmartSound DataBase”
Regards Trevor
raejohn
operating_system: Windows XP Home

Post by raejohn »

Hi I went into the auto music and selected the smart sound quick tracks. The album tracks showed core foundations,new standard and online purchase. I also went into "about" and rebuilt the data base, however when I click on the instant project it still asks for the core foundations disc to be inserted. There is an option to REMOVE the Core Foundations and the New Standard???? Also there is an option to add but of course there is nothing in the file the "add" feature takes you to. When the Properties is checked there is a list of 10 tunes in the core foundations which have not been copied to the file and there are I think 25 in the new standard which also have not been copied.

Any more clues. What did Corel mean by saying I should "mount the drive" - are the required Core Foundations and New Standards in there and have to be moved over ????????? Rae
BrianCee
ram: 8GB
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 4TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: HP
Corel programs: VS X4,X5,X6,X7,X8, X9, X10, 2018 , 2019

Post by BrianCee »

Rae - are you connected to the internet when trying to access Smart Sound - I ask because in the back of my mind I seem to remember that after installing a new version of VideoStudio the first time you try to use the smart sound option it downloads and installs all sorts of files before you can use it - if you not on the internet maybe this is the drive Corel are asking you to mount
lata
Site Admin

Post by lata »

Hi Rae

Looking at the Albums tab you see Core Foundations and the New Standard, then the Available column should show Yes.
Double click the name to show the album properties and clips copied to drive.

From the Folder tab I see two folders
C:\SmartSound Software\Quicktracks\Library
Holds the clips for New Standard-Bonus-Pack 4 and Full Spectrum
By the way Full Spectrum was installed with earlier versions of VS.

I also see
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SmartSound Software Inc

Do you see these folders?

Internet Tab--choose Check for updates?

One more thing, you mention going to Instant Projects, is this correct or are you selecting the Auto Music icon?
Regards Trevor
raejohn

Post by raejohn »

Hi again, Firstly yes I am clicking on INSTANT PROJECTS and this is where I am getting the message, I presumed that the smart sound files would affect those too!

When looking at the Albums I see Core Foundations then New Standard - Available NO the next line says Online Purchases YES. As they are not copied to the drive I cannot see any properties.

From the Folders tab I see 2 Folders as mentioned by you: No. 1 C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Smart Sound Siftware Inc\ and the other C:\Smart SoundSoftware\Quicktracks\Library. The first folder is bright yellow and the 2nd is dull and maybe it could just be the case of clicking add folder and they will go into the program?? I was a bit afraid to try as I have had a spot of trouble up to this stage and did not want to cause any more. I have attached a screen shot to explain. Should I click on the folder and the add button - maybe that is what Corel are referring to "mount".

I forgot to mention that I did go onto the Internet and it said there was an update there (which it also said yesterday) and I clicked to instal it (as I did yesterday) and it gave me the message Smart Sound Quicktracks 5 Library update installed and it said it included Urban Drama. Also I just went into Smart Sounds (here I don't get the message to add Core Foundations disc) and on the subfilters list was Core Foundations and all the other titles but when I then go into Instant Projects (where it still asks me to insert the Core Foundations disc) and add to the timeline there is no music just the black and white line??? Rae
Attachments
corel help 4.jpg
lata
Site Admin

Post by lata »

Hi

From the Folder tab, double clicking the folders should open the folder showing the content, I see .sds type files.

Your C:\Smart SoundSoftware\Quicktracks\Library is the problem, when I double click this I see 35 clips.
View the folder location to see if it actually exists, If not then that is the reason for the Mount Error which is asking you to add a folder.

I do not think your folder exists, at least not in that location. However if it does exist.
Remove the folder, then Add again.

Do a search for .sds files to locate the C:\Smart SoundSoftware\Quicktracks\Library.

By the way I have replicated your error by re-naming my library folder to “library 1”, except that Instant Projects work ok

One more thought , doing a system restore sometimes re-names some folders adding a (2) Hmmmm.
Regards Trevor
raejohn

Post by raejohn »

Hi I have done a search for .sds files and none were found so where do I go from here??? Where/How do I get them?? Rae
lata
Site Admin

Post by lata »

Hi Rae

Very strange that they do not exist?

Did you use the Search Companion to do the search?
Does this Library folder exist?-- C:\SmartSound Software\Quicktracks\Library
------------------------

You should try re-installing the program, from Add and Remove Programs
Un-install all Smart Sound programs
Then uninstall Video Studio

Re-installing Video Studio X4 should also install Smart Sound.
Regards Trevor
raejohn

Post by raejohn »

Hi I am not sure how you go about uninstalling all Smart Sound programs?? I have attached hereto the only mention that I have of Quicktracks 5. You did say that when I did a system restore that it could have made a second copy - you will see that it is mentioned twice but only once with Quicktracks 5. Upon looking at that it mentions mainly dll files - am I missing something here??? If so ??????? The search I used was with the little dog - Search Companion - guess it was.

I will await your advice before uninstalling and reinstalling but I feel that X3 has been corrupted when X4 was installed originally as when I go into X3 I get a message an error has occurred "proDADMercali20 Support.dll not found and I know this refers to the Boris FX which is only in X4. I also read that it quite often does not instal with X4 and downloaded purchasers need to ring Corel for instructions whereas those with a disc can insert that for a fix. I don't want to confuse things any further but just thought I should mention it as maybe X3 and X4 should be uninstalled.

I have been in touch with Corel too but they seem to just keep telling me how to go in and check for updates and that they will instal but I know they won't as I have done this many times. Very upsetting with a new purchase.Rae
Attachments
corel help 7.jpg
corel help 5.jpg
lata
Site Admin

Post by lata »

Hi Rae

From your last post you also seem to be having problems with X3 as well as X4.

Are you able to run X3, access the Auto Music without problems, or is it the same as X4?
View the SmartSound Quicktracks-album tab and do all show as Available? (yes)
View the SmartSound Quicktracks-Folder tab for C:\SmartSound Software\Quicktracks\Library
Does this show ok?

The images you provided show you looking here C:\Program Files\SmartSound Software
Using Windows Explorer browse for this folder C:\SmartSound Software\Quicktracks\Library

We really need to know if the Library folder exists on your pc. If the folder does not exist then I think you need to re-install the programs. If the Library folder is there, then use the “Add” option from SmartSound Quicktracks-Folder tab

Re-Install Programs.

Go to Start-Control Panel-choose Add and Remove Programs

Be patient whilst the list is being created.
Choose the programs to un-install—SmartSound programs-one at a time, there may be a few. 2/3 ?
Then Un-install Corel Video Studio X4.

Re-install VS X4 should also install SmartSound, again be patient and allow the installation to complete.
------------------------------------

X4 ultimate, I am unable to help with the additional programs like proDADMercali, I do not have these installed so know nothing about any installation problems
Regards Trevor
raejohn

Post by raejohn »

Hi, Regards X3 the only problem seems to be the Mercali Message (it is a plug in) and this topic is covered in the Knowledge base section on the Corel site saying some computers do not instal the Boris FX automatically and it gives fixes for those who got the CD version and the downloaders have to ring for guidance. Having said this the Boris FX is only available in X4 so I don't know why I get this error message when entering X3??? I am able to access X3 but as to Auto Music I cannot see this in the program but having clicked on Instant Project there is music so I guess it is OK.

Smart Sound albums Core Foundations available NO, New Standard NO and the only YES is for online purchases.

Smart Sound Folder S.S.Folder shows as per my screenshot earlier in this forum subject but c:\SSSoftware/QT\Library\ is not highlighted (all abbreviated).

I know how to uninstal using Add and Remove Programs as I have already had to remove the first version of X4 - the downloaded one due to problems. I had to do a system's restore as I was unable to launch any of the V.S. programs. Corel then sent me a zip file of the CD which is what I have now loaded. I also did a clean up using zip tool sent by Corel. After the system restore the clean up showed that X4 was not on my system.

As far as whether the folder exists on my computer. The first screen shot shows the view from Windows Explorer, C drive programs, and you can see a file there Quicktracks 5 just under the Skype (screenshot shows what is in this file - mainly dll files??) and then again further down still in Windows Explorer you can see Smart Sound Software Quicktracks (there is nothing in this file - empty). I can also see these in the Add and Remove Programs mode.

Re your X4 ultimate - if you are able to use the Boris FX then you are not one of those affected by the Mercali problem but as I said Corel's knowledge base covers this.

I have tried to answer everything and am trying to be specific but as mentioned not that computer savvy. It is all such a pain. Could you perhaps ask Abiel to take a look at my forum and give a comment or suggestion. Rae
lata
Site Admin

Post by lata »

Hi Rae

Couple of points

I do not have the Ultimate version of X4 so don’t have Mercali, so don’t suffer this problem with X3 and as such cannot really help here.
----------------------------
You seem to have done everything to complete a clean install and using the new zip file from Corel, so I would think that the program should be installed correctly.
Even so you may have to repeat the process.

Firstly……..
X3 also indicates that the library folder is missing, very strange

The folder I want you to find is NOT in Program Files, view image below
C:\SmartSound Software\Quicktracks\Library
click image for larger view
click image for larger view
If the library folder does not exist then I guess you will have to re-install both programs.
Regards Trevor
raejohn

Post by raejohn »

Hi Trevor, Huge thanks once again. I have decided to take this really slowly......I tried deleting the Smart Sound common and Quicktracks 5 from add and remove programs. I managed to delete the latter but unable to delete the first one however it said it contained O MG. I then made sure that the Quick Time installed on the computer was the latest - which it wasn't so I updated. I then intend to delete X4 but only after I have confirmed with Corel that the zip file which they sent was actually the ULTIMATE version as mine only mentions PRO everywhere. It should state don't you think as I have the ULTIMATE version of Paint and it is clearly printed on the initial screen.

When confirmed/otherwise I will delete X4 and instal the new one.

Re X3 the message I get re Mercali thi problem is covered within Corel's knowledge base answers No. 000011224 in which it says that X3 is affected when X4 is added and tells how to go about fixing this problem so at this stage I am leaving X3 well enough alone. As to you saying X3 does not appear to have the Quicktracks/Library in it - there does not seem to be a problem as music comes up in the instant project??? Your screen shot of C drive shows the Smart Sound Software as does mine if you look at the Window's Explorer one I sent and Not FROM IN PROGRAM'S FILE.

I will let you know how things go over the next few days. Regards Rae
lata
Site Admin

Post by lata »

Hi Rae

As far as the working of the program there is no difference between the “original X4” and the new “ultimate X4”

The Ultimate comes bundled with the two additional programs proDAD Mercalli SE and Boris Graffiti 5.3 and that as far as I know is the main difference.
I believe that the ultimate has SP1 already pre installed and therefore only needs SP2, but that does not change the editing techniques of the programs.
You should have proDAD Mercalli SE and Boris Graffiti 5.3 as separate files.

Provided you have the serial numbers/activation keys then you can proceed in uninstalling Video Studio X4 and Smart Sound.
I would use the new Zip version provided by Corel.

Uninstalling

You should be able to uninstall all SmartSound programs, if there is a problem here then I think we need to sort that before re-installing X4, as it’s the Common Data file I guess you may have to uninstall X4/X3 before you can remove this? You could leave it alone but if the problem persists then you will have to re-install again, and it does seem to take a long time.
Regards Trevor