Getting that Zoom ( the app ) effect - reducing full screen to small screen.

Moderator: Ken Berry

garjobo123
operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
processor: I7 6700
ram: 32GB
Video Card: GEFORCE 970

Getting that Zoom ( the app ) effect - reducing full screen to small screen.

Post by garjobo123 »

Hello Ladies,

Keeping it simple, hoping for a reply.

I have someone speaking to camera - full screen - i want to then ..slowly..make that full screen reduce in size till its the corner of the screen and fades out - allowing a graphic appearing - basically I want a Zoom effect. With a person speaking in the corner of screen for a while.

Thats it.

So motion capture? if so...i take it i need to put the full screen person talking to camera clip on my Overlay and then play around with motion capture to reduce the video screen size till its a small square - have i answered my own question?

Im using -for my sins - VS 2020. I seem to recall perhaps a filter or a selection on VS 2020 designed to look like a 'Zoom' small square box etc?

Any help appreciated. Simple answers please.

thanking you
Davidk
motherboard: Gigabyte H97M-D3H
processor: Intel core i3 3_7ghz dual core processor
ram: 8Gb
Video Card: on-motherboard Intel HD 4400 graphics chipset
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 5_8Tb
Monitor/Display Make & Model: HP E240c video conferencing monitor
Corel programs: VideoStudio: 5 old versions + 2021

Re: Getting that Zoom ( the app ) effect - reducing full screen to small screen.

Post by Davidk »

Try this;
- graphic in the main timeline, full size
- video in overlay 1, again full size so it hides the graphic
- select the video and choose options, advanced motion, customise motion
- when the custom panel opens, move the time pointer to the ending keyframe
-- choose the size you want the video to shrink to, eg from 99 to 10 in both axes. This will expose the underlying graphic
-- click n drag the reduced video result to the corner of the graphic you want it to be.
-- play it in project mode verify that this does what you want
- click OK to close the custom motion panel.

To hold the reduced graphic in place for a while whilst the head talks, in the custom motion panel, create/add a keyframe in the mid-point of the video (move the time pointer to the location, and select the + symbol below the window and note the added keyframe) - or wherever you want the final reduced size to be in the video - and drag the reduced video to the final location you want it to be. Select the ending keyframe and ensure that the position and size of the reduced video image is consistent with that of the added keyframe and your needs. Play the result in project mode within the custom panel, adjust to suit if necessary. Click Ok to exit custom motion.
tletter
processor: i7-3632QM 2.2 GHz
ram: 16GB
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1TB
Corel programs: X4, X5, X6, X7, X8, X9, X10, 2018, 2019

Re: Getting that Zoom ( the app ) effect - reducing full screen to small screen.

Post by tletter »

garjobo123 wrote:Hello Ladies,
Sorry but there are both men and women on this forum and I'm of the former persuasion :wink:
garjobo123 wrote:Simple answers please.
Put your graphic on the video track and your video of "a person speaking" on an overlay track, and then use Customize Motion (go from size 100 to size 0) on the overlay track video to "make that full screen reduce in size till its the corner of the screen and fades out - allowing a graphic appearing".

tletter
https://www.youtube.com/user/tletter
RobertOZ
Advisor
operating_system: Windows 7 Home Premium
motherboard: PEGATRON CORPORATION 2A86 1.04E01
processor: 2.80 gigahertz Intel Core i7 930
ram: 16GB
Video Card: Radeon HD 5770
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 5.5TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Philips 32" IPS LED (Main) HP 23fi IPS LED
Corel programs: VSX4-X10 VS 2018/2019/2020 & MS 3D

Post by RobertOZ »

Sorry but there are both men and women on this forum and I'm of the former persuasion :wink:

We only have your word for that, where's the proof/evidence :D :D
Dell 7567,Win 10(21H1) i7-7700HQ, 16GB DDR4 Ram, Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB GDDR5, drives, 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD, Samsung 28" 3840x2160 UHD 4K LED Monitor
PS24 Ultimate, PSP 2020, PhotoMirage, Painter 2020, VS 2018 Ult, VS2021 Ult MultiCam Capture XL
garjobo123
processor: I7 6700
ram: 32GB
Video Card: GEFORCE 970

Post by garjobo123 »

Thank you people of the internet for your useful replies, works great, thank you for taking the time.