NEW! PaintShop Pro 2019

PSP 2019 with 4K monitor: [Open] dialogue box elements issue

Corel Paint Shop Pro

Moderator: Kathy_9

PSP 2019 with 4K monitor: [Open] dialogue box elements issue

Postby Grundberg » Sat May 18, 2019 2:24 am

I'm using Paint Shop Pro 2019 on an LG UD58 4K monitor. The drivers are current, and I have Windows 10 scaled to 225 %.

Everything in PSP looks crisp, clean, and accurate...except for the Open dialogue window.
Attached is a link to the image, because for some reason, I cannot post inline images to this Forum.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=18ZfITXVrg6Kj-TC8J6GmrRDmdVEkKKMY

As you can see, the icons are spaced too far apart, and the navigation icons on top are too tiny.

I thought PSP was compatible with a 4K display? This anomaly has me uneasy.
Has anyone had this problem, and can you advise me on a resolution (no pun intended)?
Thank you in advance.
Grundberg

operating_system: Windows 7 Home Premium
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
ram: 8GB

Re: PSP 2019 with 4K monitor: [Open] dialogue box elements i

Postby Ken Berry » Sat May 18, 2019 4:30 am

FWIW I have a 4K computer and 4K 32 inch monitor set for 150% and get what you get. I guess I have gotten used to it. Not sure that the thumbnails are too far apart, though I suppose they could be. But certainly the navigation icons are extremely tiny, even on a 32 inch screen...

I'm not sure you can do anything about it, though. I would be interested to hear any ideas, however. But the increases in sizes in PSP 2018 and text on the main PSP workspace screen in PSP 2019, were probably as far as Corel could go.

I also thought the Open window was part of Windows rather than PSP... However, on thinking about it, when I use Open in other programs (e.g. Adobe Photoshop Elements), I get much closer spacing between the thumbnails, though those icons are much the same size as in PSP, or a tiny bit larger... I normally would not notice this because I usually have those Open pages set to show lists rather than icons. And the list entries are all correctly (and closely) spaced. But it *does* indeed seem that Corel has some further work to do in this regards.
Ken Berry
Ken Berry
Site Admin

operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: Intel NUC7i7BNB J31145-306
processor: Core i7-7567U + 32 GB Optane
ram: 16 GB
Video Card: Intel Iris Plus 650
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 2TB