NEW! PaintShop Pro 2019

Scrub clips in preview window

Scrub clips in preview window

Postby MikeA » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:06 pm

When I scrub through clips (I click on them so they are highlighted and then use the preview scrubber), some move through the clip as I move the scrubber back and forth. For others, nothing happens. This is true when using the trim markers also. As soon as I release the mouse, the scene changes to that point in the clip. I have waited with my finger on the mouse button and also moved the scrubber slowly, but these don't fix it. The program knows where I am because the new scene comes up instantly when I release the button. Doing the same thing for the whole movie works fine. The clips are in smart proxy and so that is not the issue. What is going on? Is there some setting I am missing?

M
MikeA

operating_system: Windows 7 Home Premium
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: MSI P67A-G43
processor: I7-2600K
ram: 16Gb
Video Card: NVidia GTX 460
sound_card: Integrated
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 3 Tb
Monitor/Display Make & Model: LG Flatron

Re: Scrub clips in preview window

Postby MikeA » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:20 pm

Just discovered that if I copy the clip to the first overlay track I can now use the preview scrubber just fine on that clip. Is this then a bug in VS? Anyone else have the same issue?
MikeA

Postby lata » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:39 am

Hi Mike

Are you using the white bar below the preview screen to scrub or dragging the cursor across the timelines, the latter being a better option.
Dragging the white bar can be hit and miss as it represents the entire length of your clip and indeed dragging in clip mode.

Dragging the timeline is done in project mode and does not cause me any problems for me provided Smart Proxy has been applied on clips that require that option.
Regards Trevor
lata
Site Admin

operating_system: Windows 10
motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC A88XM-A USB 3 1 Rev X.0x
processor: 4.10 gigahertz AMD A10-7890K Radeon R7
ram: 16 gb
Video Card: on board
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 500 SSD
Monitor/Display Make & Model: LG W2242 [Monitor]
Corel programs: Video Studio, PSP, PI X3, MS3D

Postby MikeA » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:35 pm

Thanks for the reply. Not sure what you mean by the white bar - the white bar to me is the preview bar. But I know what you mean - some of my clips are long and so using the preview scrubber is only useful for locating the approximate location. Then I use the Timeline scrubber to move to the exact place. By clicking on the preview bar I can explore for the location I want and move on from there. But it seems odd to me that the preview scrubber works with some clips and not others and that it works all the time in the overlay tracks. Is this true for you? If so, it's a bug, surely.

M
MikeA

Postby MikeA » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:40 pm

OK. So some further information after experimentation. What I am doing in my movie project is using various .MP4 files previously created via VS from my camera clips. One of my shorter videos is ~50 seconds long. So I cut it in half and half again etc and made new .MP4 files from the original. In all cases they worked before they had been converted into proxy files, regardless of length. The conversion to proxy files led to the problem! Then I looked at a .MTS file from my camera that was 48 seconds long. This worked fine both before and after proxy file generation. Lastly, I created a .MOV version of my .MP4 file. This worked after proxy file generation. Ergo, the creation of proxy files from .MP4 files created by VS, of any length, seems to be the problem! Done! (Do any of the VS software folk ever read these comments?)

M
MikeA