NEW! PaintShop Pro 2019

Using Boris Graffiti in Corel Video Studio Ultimate X8

Using Boris Graffiti in Corel Video Studio Ultimate X8

Postby franontheedge » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:09 pm

How do I replace the words "Boris Graffiti" with my own text in Video Studio Ultimate X8 using the Boris Graffiti thingie found under "Instant Projects/Graffiti/type on - shatter off" .
How do I replace the words correctly?
It seems to be especially hard as when I try adding that effect to the timeline, as all words totally vanish!
I've tried clicking on "Customise filter" but can't figure out exactly what to actually do once in there.
I can get into the Boris program thingie, I can change "Boris Graffiti" into my own words, I can change the colour (chose purple but it looks bright green to me!), I can change the font from Arial to Papyrus, but the words do NOT show up when I click on "Apply" and return to the Corel Studio Pro Ultimate X8 window. No text at all!
Help?
I've tried looking at Gripps2211 but he only has videos on ProX4, and that looks totally different to my X8.
I'm on windows 10, rest is in my profile.
franontheedge

operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: ASRock Z97 Extreme6
processor: Intel i5-4690K Devils Canyon
ram: 16 GB
Video Card: AMD Radeon R9 270x
sound_card: ASRock Purity Sound 2 7.1CH HD Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 11 Tb
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Benq GL2460
Corel programs: Corel Video Studio Pro X8, Corel Fast Fl

Re: Using Boris Graffiti in Corel Video Studio Ultimate X8

Postby Ken Berry » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:45 pm

First off, I don't use Boris Graffiti -- though I have played around with it in successive versions of Video Studio if only to see how it works, and when questions like yours are asked. I also had to open another computer in order to be able to open VS X8.

So when you first apply the Graffiti FX to your video in the timeline, you click on Customize and Graffiti opens its simplified screen over the top of VS. You change the words and hit Apply. But do you first choose one of the preset formats provide in the big Graffiti screen? I have 36 of them shown in dark blue, each with a smaller rectangle in lighter blue in the bottom right hand corner. I apply one of those (I chose Star Wars) and click Apply.

The Graffiti overlay closes and back in the VS screen nothing appears in the preview screen when I press the Play button. Then I notice I am still in Clip mode (directly below the preview screen) so I click on Project, and then press Play again, and hey presto! the Graffiti title appears and plays as set.

The problem, though, is that this is the simplified version of Graffiti. Have you pressed the Advanced Mode button in the bottom left of screen, next to Insert Text? That opens a far more complex interface where you can change just about anything. It's worth playing around with, though not for the faint hearted! :roll:
Ken Berry
Ken Berry
Site Admin

motherboard: Intel NUC7i7BNB J31145-306
processor: Core i7-7567U + 32 GB Optane
Video Card: Intel Iris Plus 650
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 2TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Kogan 32" 4K 3840 x 2160
Corel programs: VS 2019; PSP 2019; MS3D; ASP 3; DRAW 17

Postby asik1 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:32 am

1 than 2
Attachments
gra.jpg
asik1

operating_system: Windows 7 Professional
motherboard: H170M-E D3
processor: i5-6600
ram: 8gb
Video Card: ENGT430
Hard_Drive_Capacity: No hoarder
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Philips 19" + samsung 19"
Corel programs: VS-X9.2

Postby franontheedge » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:59 pm

Ken Berry wrote:First off, I don't use Boris Graffiti -- though I have played around with it in successive versions of Video Studio if only to see how it works, and when questions like yours are asked. I also had to open another computer in order to be able to open VS X8.

So when you first apply the Graffiti FX to your video in the timeline, you click on Customize and Graffiti opens its simplified screen over the top of VS. You change the words and hit Apply. But do you first choose one of the preset formats provide in the big Graffiti screen? I have 36 of them shown in dark blue, each with a smaller rectangle in lighter blue in the bottom right hand corner. I apply one of those (I chose Star Wars) and click Apply.

The Graffiti overlay closes and back in the VS screen nothing appears in the preview screen when I press the Play button. Then I notice I am still in Clip mode (directly below the preview screen) so I click on Project, and then press Play again, and hey presto! the Graffiti title appears and plays as set.

The problem, though, is that this is the simplified version of Graffiti. Have you pressed the Advanced Mode button in the bottom left of screen, next to Insert Text? That opens a far more complex interface where you can change just about anything. It's worth playing around with, though not for the faint hearted! :roll:

Thank you, I will look for "Project Mode"
I will also look at the "Advanced Mode" I do want to use this program much, much more than I do at present.
franontheedge

motherboard: ASRock Z97 Extreme6
processor: Intel i5-4690K Devils Canyon
Video Card: AMD Radeon R9 270x
sound_card: ASRock Purity Sound 2 7.1CH HD Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 11 Tb
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Benq GL2460
Corel programs: Corel Video Studio Pro X8, Corel Fast Fl