NEW! PaintShop Pro 2019

Help: VideoStudio X10 Voice Over length longer then 1 Minute

Help: VideoStudio X10 Voice Over length longer then 1 Minute

Postby rileyil77 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:36 am

I'm trying to do a voice over on a 2 and 1/2 hour video for a local TV station by next Wednesday. Before I upgraded from 6 Gigs of RAM to 32 Gigs of RAM it worked fine. I know at one time someone told me to change something in my settings to get this done, but as I stated this has worked over the last couple years with no problems, I just forgot how to do it. Plus I can no longer find the web sight where I was given the information. Does anyone know what setting I need to make my voice overs last longer then 1 minute? I would really like them to be the whole length of the video. Whether it is a quick 5 or 10 minute YouTube video or an all day 12 over local TV special. Nothing worse then it sounded like the host keeps going in and out on a TV show.

Thanks,

Riley
rileyil77

operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P8B75-M Rev X.0x
processor: Intel Core i3-3240 CPU 3.40GHz
ram: 32GB
Video Card: Intel HD Graphic
sound_card: On Board
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 16TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: M190VA VIZ0067
Corel programs: Corel VideoStudio x10 Ultimate

Re: Help: VideoStudio X10 Voice Over length longer then 1 Mi

Postby Davidk » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:47 am

Talking for 2 hours continuously? Wow!.

There should be no reason why you cannot do that Record in one long session. But realistically, by using editing you are not doing it "live on air" so it doesn't have to be one long file, and you have time to fix flubs you make. Voice commentary is best done with in small clips for that reason. Generally, my advice is to limit each recorded file to about 10=15seconds, 2 sentences. Repeat for the next one, and line them all up in the voice track, matched to the TL video. This way, if you flub it, you don't have to re-do everything.
Davidk

operating_system: Windows 7 Home Premium
motherboard: Gigabyte H97M-D3H
processor: Intel core i3 3.7ghz dual core processor
ram: 8Gb
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 5.8Tb
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Viewsonic Vx1935wm
Corel programs: VideoStudio X5,X6,X7,X8,X9,X10,2018,2019

Postby weaver » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:16 am

Check also the HDD formats as well. I have very bad experience with professional TV studios in this issue. They use very often FAT32 which limits the file size to 2 GB. Format your HDD to NTSF what extends the file size to 4 GB. 2 hours of video will be already over 2GB.
weaver

processor: intel i7
ram: 16GB
Video Card: Radeon
sound_card: C.Media
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 20TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: FULL HD
Corel programs: VS S6,8,10 on W XP, VS X4,6,7,2018

Postby weaver » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:49 am

There is an interesting experience with cameras ( I do also many long recordings theater, speeches, trains etc) and use sometimes 4-5 cameras.
The main cameras are Sony HD cameras. Those interestingly cut the files, ie if the recording is longer there are several files on the SD cards. The transition is not always smooth, but just 1-2 frames are jumping or freezing. My JVC cameras create always a single file, so they can be bigger than 2 GB ( it was also my problem, when I tried to transfer the JVC files to the TV studio - all transfers failed.)
There are also cameras ( I hate those) simple stop when the file achieves the 2 GB limit and somebody has to manually restart to continue in recording.
weaver

Postby rileyil77 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:37 am

Thanks, but none of these answers help me. I'm using a computer with NTFS format. I have nothing to worry about with the camera part, because the file is already recorded and digitally on my system. I have to have it the entire length of the video without pausing. So far and I don't know why I've another program that allows me to do what VideoStudio X10 Ultimate had been letting me do for the longest time, and then suddenly stopped working. I mean today is Monday at 5:25 AM.... Tomorrow, Tuesday evening, due to my job schedule will now be the only way I can get the voice-over done. If we make a mistake, it is fine. My 17 year old son does help me a long the way, and he will point out that I was mistaken and take over talking for a while. I do the same with him. We have done it this way since 2007, when he was 5 years old, using other and older versions of VideoStudio. Not sure now why all of sudden it stopped working. Would be nice if I could continue using VideoStudio X10 Ultimate to do it all again... I mean I did pay for it. But now I have to use for it all editing stuff and then use another program for our voice-overs.
rileyil77

Postby weaver » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:02 pm

What is exactly limited? The recording length?

I never use the VS for voice recording - there are many programs ( audiocity etc) for voice recording but I prefer external device (Zoom voice recorder) for recording.
Such limitations were earlier in the MS audiorecorder, they recorded always just 1 minute sequences.
weaver

Postby asik1 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:30 pm

riley, the fact that you have done VO for 2 hours in one go in the past dosent mean that it's a proper way to do this in 2019 on the computer.
VS is a non-linear editing software, so you can stop a record as much as you want.
Even Basket Ball game is more at pause than in play so why can't you?
asik1

operating_system: Windows 7 Professional
motherboard: H170M-E D3
processor: i5-6600
ram: 8gb
Video Card: ENGT430
Hard_Drive_Capacity: No hoarder
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Philips 19" + samsung 19"
Corel programs: VS-X9.2

Postby rileyil77 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:41 am

This is how we do it. I've been doing it this way for several years. It is they way we want it done. If you don't know how to get the length from 60 seconds to the entire length of the video, why are you replying? I don't need to be told how it should or should not be done. I need to know how to make it like it was doing two weeks ago, before my RAM upgrade. I was able to do the entire video with a Voice-Over. Again whether it was a 5 minute YouTube video or a 2 hour show for our TV Station.
rileyil77

Postby tletter » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:33 am

rileyil77 wrote:I'm trying to do a voice over on a 2 and 1/2 hour video for a local TV station by next Wednesday

As this is a time sensitive issue, I'd suggest that you simply record your audio using something like Audacity whilst watching the video and then combine the audio and video using VS.

rileyil77 wrote:Before I upgraded from 6 Gigs of RAM to 32 Gigs of RAM it worked fine. I know at one time someone told me to change something in my settings to get this done

I've upgraded RAM without having to change any settings including the paging file which is normally set automatically.

tletter
https://www.youtube.com/user/tletter
tletter

processor: i7-3632QM 2.2 GHz
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1TB
Corel programs: X4, X5, X6, X7, X8, X9, X10, 2018, 2019

Postby lata » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:01 am

Hi
I tried and was able to record over 1 minute
You should try Resetting the program, although I think you may have to re-install the program

http://lata.me.uk/corel/reset/reset.htm

If it's your pc environment and not video studio then I don't know where to go to fix that, sorry
Regards Trevor
lata
Site Admin

motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC A88XM-A USB 3 1 Rev X.0x
processor: 4.10 gigahertz AMD A10-7890K Radeon R7
ram: 16 gb
Video Card: on board
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 500 SSD
Monitor/Display Make & Model: LG W2242 [Monitor]
Corel programs: Video Studio, PSP, PI X3, MS3D

Postby asik1 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:57 pm

tletter wrote:
rileyil77 wrote:I'm trying to do a voice over on a 2 and 1/2 hour video for a local TV station by next Wednesday

As this is a time sensitive issue, I'd suggest that you simply record your audio using something like Audacity whilst watching the video and then combine the audio and video using VS.

rileyil77 wrote:Before I upgraded from 6 Gigs of RAM to 32 Gigs of RAM it worked fine. I know at one time someone told me to change something in my settings to get this done

I've upgraded RAM without having to change any settings including the paging file which is normally set automatically.

tletter
https://www.youtube.com/user/tletter

tletter, so do I, I went from 4 to 8gb, no problemo.
But... if all was fine on 6GB I will say to rileyil take out the new memory, stay at 6gb , finish the project in time and than dive again into the problem.
asik1

operating_system: Windows 7 Professional
motherboard: H170M-E D3
processor: i5-6600
ram: 8gb
Video Card: ENGT430
Hard_Drive_Capacity: No hoarder
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Philips 19" + samsung 19"
Corel programs: VS-X9.2

Return to VideoStudio