NEW! PaintShop Pro 2019

Saving Images

Corel Paint Shop Pro

Moderator: Kathy_9

Saving Images

Postby Bareboats » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:31 pm

I know this has been asked, but I couldn't find an answer that I really understood. Sorry ... newbie to Paintshop Pro!

I have managed to successfully crop, resize, edit "a" photo and add my copyright (using the text tool) with thousands more to go ... but when I go to save it as a jpg file, I get a message saying:

"Because of the limitations of the specified file (and possibly the save options you've selected) the saved file will be limited to a merged image. Would you like to continue?"

What exactly does this mean? Is the programme going to alter my photo in any way, and if so, how?
Bareboats

operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
processor: Intel Core i7-7700HQ CPU 2.80GH
ram: 64.0GB
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 3TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Lenovo Thinkpad P51
Corel programs: Corel Paintshop Pro 2019 Ultimate

Re: Saving Images

Postby Linda Lou » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:50 pm

As I interpret this, if you have been working in layers, PSP will offer to merge/flatten them. You will no longer be able to edit the individual layers, so make sure what you have is your final product.
If you think you might want to do more editing later, save as a .pspimage etc. so that you can make changes. Often, I save as a PSP image first and also save as a .jpg or.png. That way both files are saved so the project can be either edited later or kept as a final version.
Linda Lou

processor: i7-8650U
ram: 8GB
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 512 GB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: ThinkPad T480s/ThinkPad X1C Gen 5
Corel programs: PaintShop Pro 7, 8.1, 2018

Re: Saving Images

Postby Bareboats » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:52 pm

Thank you so much!

No, I was done with that one photo and have to do the exact same thing to a couple thousand more. I saved the first crop as a "new image" so that I will always have my original photo to work with if I need to. I don't need to change anything in the photos themselves once I am done editing them and put my copyright on them ... I am done.

So it's a matter of just ignoring that message and saving as a jpg file then. That's excellent news. Thanks! :D I was worried there was more I would have to do.
Bareboats

processor: Intel Core i7-7700HQ CPU 2.80GH
ram: 64.0GB
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 3TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Lenovo Thinkpad P51
Corel programs: Corel Paintshop Pro 2019 Ultimate

Return to Paint Shop Pro