NEW! PaintShop Pro 2019

360 VIDEO - Equirectangular to Standard troubleshooting

360 VIDEO - Equirectangular to Standard troubleshooting

Postby steeminbeemin » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:34 pm

Hello,

First time post to this forum, hopefully someone has seen the issue which I am having before.

I am trying to edit equirectangular 360 video to a standard 1080p view which pans around during the video as per my direction - much like in this tutorial video https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... kVKmjETFUc

It seems to work perfectly in the specific "Equirectangular to Standard" pop-out wherein you select the view you want at specific points of the video using keyframes. However, when subsequently previewing in the main-part of the program (and subsequent to rendering), the view transitions do not match at all well with what I selected in the pop-out. All the transitions seem to be occurring far too early - it is as if the keyframe pop-out is predicated on using fairly low framerate videos ~25fps (with each frame given an ID with reference to the video start), when in fact my source video (and the project settings) is 100fps.

Grateful for any help / explanations from other users and Corel. One of the key reasons I bought VS 2018 was for this sort of 360 video editing, so I am disappointed that it does not function as expected and that the video tutorials and help pdf do not offer any further information which could help explain the behaviour which I am seeing.
steeminbeemin

operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
processor: i7-8550U
ram: 16GB
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 461GB

Re: 360 VIDEO - Equirectangular to Standard troubleshooting

Postby steeminbeemin » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:10 pm

Update:

I managed to get the result I wanted with the following work-around:
(1) Export un-edited file from Corel as 30fps video (recall, I started with 100fps. I initially tried 25fps, but that did not give the desired results).
(2) Edit as per the tutorial video; the final cut macthed well with the preview from the pop-out where the view is selected.

While I can work-around this issue, it still seems very strange to me and a very poor design!
steeminbeemin

operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
processor: i7-8550U
ram: 16GB
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 461GB

Return to VideoStudio