NEW! PaintShop Pro 2019

Saving my pic's in PSP.

Corel Paint Shop Pro

Moderator: Kathy_9

Saving my pic's in PSP.

Postby raftman » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:32 am

Hello. I just cannot get this figured out. When I import my pictures from my phone or camera onto desktop folder that's easy. So i now have all these pic's. So i separated them into different folders and named each folder. Such as Vac 2013 pic's or 2104 pic's. Etc. I now have 10 folders into one main folder with all with my pic's. So now i open up PSP 2019 Ultimate 2019 and import those folders into PSP. That was easy to do. All my pic's now in there. I can click on them and they will open up just fine. Now here is the problem. If i go back to the main folder on my desktop and delete any folder in there it also deletes that out of PSP. So lets say i delete the main folder on my desktop then all my pictures will not be in PSP. It doesn't matter if i put them in Navigation/Collections or just put them into Navigation/Computer. So how do i save all the named folders in PSP and then if i want delete the main folder off of my desktop without taking them again out of PSP. Or do I have to keep the main folder all the time.I know this is a long but there is not easier to explain. Thanks, raftman111@yahoo.com
raftman

operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: dont know
processor: dont know
ram: plenty
Video Card: dont know
sound_card: dont know
Hard_Drive_Capacity: a lot left
Monitor/Display Make & Model: dont know
Corel programs: psp ultimate 2019

Re: Saving my pic's in PSP.

Postby hartpaul » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:17 am

Your actual pictures are not imported into PSP, just their location and thumbnails.
You can use the Organiser to navigate to that folder and the thumbnails of the images there will show. Now close PSP and then go to that folder and rename it .
Open PSP and your images will not be there. So PSP remembers the name of that folder and the thumbnails of the images there.

You do not need to do any special import just open PSP and then the folder and drag and drop any images into the workspace to process.
Or use the organiser to navigate to where your folder is and the thumbnails will then show in PSP s organiser.
Systems XP, Win7, Win 8.1,Win 10 Version 1607 Build 14393.2007 & version 1803 Build 17134.285
hartpaul
Advisor

motherboard: AsusTex P7P55D
processor: IntelCore I 5 2.67 Ghz
ram: 8 Gb
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 460
sound_card: Nvidia High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1000 Gb
Monitor/Display Make & Model: AOC
Corel programs: PSP8,X2 to X9,2018,2019

Postby MarkZ » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:06 pm

Just to add to what Hartpaul wrote: think of PSP Navigation and the Organizer/Manage as being the same as Windows explorer (which I'm sure you use at times). All of these look for the folders in your computer.
Mark
MarkZ

motherboard: Intel DQ67SW desktop
processor: Intel Core i7 i7-2600 3.40 GHz
ram: 8 GB
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 500 GB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: LG Flatron E2241
Corel programs: PSP 2018 X9 X8 X7 X6 ASP3 ASP

Postby ehume » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:55 pm

hartpaul wrote:Your actual pictures are not imported into PSP, just their location and thumbnails.
You can use the Organiser to navigate to that folder and the thumbnails of the images there will show. Now close PSP and then go to that folder and rename it .
Open PSP and your images will not be there. So PSP remembers the name of that folder and the thumbnails of the images there.

You do not need to do any special import just open PSP and then the folder and drag and drop any images into the workspace to process.
Or use the organiser to navigate to where your folder is and the thumbnails will then show in PSP s organiser.

One of the nice things about PSP -- from before the turn of the millennium -- was that PSP uses the files as you find them. Coming from the PSP world, it took me some time to get my head around the fact that Adobe products swallow your files. To this day, I don't understand that. It's like your pictures vanish! With bare naked files, I can edit them in Silkypix, Affinity, Rawtherapee, darktable, Luminar, IrfanView, Axialis (an icon editor) and one of my many versions of PSP. Note that I wrote 'and' there. About the only thing missing is SVG files and their ilk.

Leaving files as they lay, not saving them "in" PSP is an advantage, IMO.
PS from 3, PSP from 1; PSP7, 9, 11, x4, x6, x7, x8, x9 installed; now using PSP 2018 (20.2.0.1 x64) on Win7-64; rejected PSP 2019.
ehume

operating_system: Windows 7 Home Premium
motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H
processor: i7 4770k
ram: 16GB
Video Card: Intel HD4600
sound_card: no_sound_card
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 512GB+4TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Acer K242HL
Corel programs: PSP 2018 64b, AS3 64b, PE5 32b

Postby raftman » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:23 pm

hartpaul wrote:Your actual pictures are not imported into PSP, just their location and thumbnails.

Hello there thanks for you help. I think i got this straight now. So PSP is just a program to put your pic's in and do what you want to do with them. I know that if you do delete a folder with pic's in that folder that is on my desktop that it takes them out of psp program. Thanks again
raftman

motherboard: dont know
processor: dont know
ram: plenty
Video Card: dont know
sound_card: dont know
Hard_Drive_Capacity: a lot left
Monitor/Display Make & Model: dont know
Corel programs: psp ultimate 2019

Postby ehume » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:41 am

raftman wrote:

Hello there thanks for you help. I think i got this straight now. So PSP is just a program to put your pic's in and do what you want to do with them. I know that if you do delete a folder with pic's in that folder that is on my desktop that it takes them out of psp program. Thanks again
Your pics were never "in" PSP. Otherwise, you have grokked the concept.
PS from 3, PSP from 1; PSP7, 9, 11, x4, x6, x7, x8, x9 installed; now using PSP 2018 (20.2.0.1 x64) on Win7-64; rejected PSP 2019.
ehume

operating_system: Windows 7 Home Premium
motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H
processor: i7 4770k
ram: 16GB
Video Card: Intel HD4600
sound_card: no_sound_card
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 512GB+4TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Acer K242HL
Corel programs: PSP 2018 64b, AS3 64b, PE5 32b

Postby hartpaul » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:51 am

Or to put it another way way back we used phone books which had a name a number and often an address. This did not mean the person their house and phone were inside the phone book. The phone directory allows you to find the person or house or phone number or all three.
In the same way the collections and file organiser act as a phone directory allowing PSP to find the image file and load it into the PSP program.
Systems XP, Win7, Win 8.1,Win 10 Version 1607 Build 14393.2007 & version 1803 Build 17134.285
hartpaul
Advisor

motherboard: AsusTex P7P55D
processor: IntelCore I 5 2.67 Ghz
ram: 8 Gb
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 460
sound_card: Nvidia High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1000 Gb
Monitor/Display Make & Model: AOC