NEW! PaintShop Pro 2019

Deselect R, G and B colors and create a cut selection. How a

Corel Paint Shop Pro

Moderator: Kathy_9

Deselect R, G and B colors and create a cut selection. How a

Postby -Michael- » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:25 pm

Hi all Two Questions:

1- How do you use Corel PainShop pro to deselect the R, G, or B channel (as you can see in the gif with photoshop)?

2- After selecting a particular, how do you make a "New cut level" (as you see in the second gif)?

A small video tutorial would help me.
-Michael-

operating_system: Windows 7 Professional
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
Corel programs: Corel

Re: Deselect R, G and B colors and create a cut selection. H

Postby LeviFiction » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:51 pm

1) We can't do this with a checkbox, but we can use the Channel Mixer command. Or Adjustment Layer. Video Demo: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1L22Pk6 ... pKmUX/view

A) Add a Channel Mixer Adjustment Layer so we're working non-destructively. Layers -> New Adjustment Layer -> Channel Mixer
B) Deselect the "Monochrome" checkbox at the bottom of the dialog
C) With "Red" selected in the drop down, set to the Red % to 0.

You can do this with any channel, just select the appropriate channel from the drop down, then change the mix % for that channel to zero.

2) This is done very easily, though you will need to make sure you have promoted your background layer so that it's a regular raster layer. In PSP a background layer is a raster layer that cannot use transparency. Regular raster layers do allow transparency. So if you do this on a background layer then the selected area will be filled in with whatever background color you have selected.

Video Demo: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1abNrfV ... uHvP9/view

A) Promote background layer (right-click on the layer and select "Promote Background Layer"
B) Create your selection
C) with the selection tool activated, hover the mouse over the selection, and click once.
D) Right-click on the "Floating selection" layer and choose "Promote selection to layer"

Of course, if you don't care about actually cutting out the selection and only want the selection on it's own layer then you can simply use "Promote Selection To Layer" and save yourself a lot of time.

EDIT: So I made a very quick script to simplify the selection to layer process. Just add the script to your Scripts-Restricted folder (usually located at C:\Users\Documents\Corel PaintShop Pro\YourVersion\Scripts-Restricted) and you can either run it from the scripts toolbar, or by adding it to a menu and shortcut key. Video for doing so included in the post for the script. You can see it here

viewtopic.php?f=104&t=64340
LeviFiction
Advisor

operating_system: Windows 10
Corel programs: PSP: 8, 9, X, XI, X2, X8,X9, 2018, 2019

Postby -Michael- » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:46 pm

I ask you a favor: I would like to create an anaglyphic image with corel paint shop as seen in this tuorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh5qiCvaS0o
I would like to create the effect of "images off the screen". Do you want and time to create a video to see how it is done with the corel program as seen in photoshop?
-Michael-

Postby LeviFiction » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:16 pm

This one is difficult. It won't be the same at all because Photoshop's options very specifically have to do with blending. But we can get close. We're going to be using a lot of group folders, some channel mixer adjustment layers, and the Screen blend mode.

This is probably the worst video I've done: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1khFkPD ... Y0yKi/view

EDIT: I should add, that if you want a full image anaglyph effect you can also just use my script - viewtopic.php?f=104&t=60192&p=332026

That script uses a different method for doing an anaglyph but it works on the full image not individual selections like you see in that video.
LeviFiction
Advisor

Corel programs: PSP: 8, 9, X, XI, X2, X8,X9, 2018, 2019

Postby flagpole » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:24 pm

Awesome work levi
flagpole

motherboard: dell inspiron 546
processor: Athlon X4 640
ram: 8GB
Video Card: GTX 1050 Ti
sound_card: on board
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 2.6TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Dell 22" 1080p

Postby -Michael- » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:08 am

Thanks LeviFiction for the explanation and for the time you gave me to make the video ^ __ ^
-Michael-

Return to Paint Shop Pro