NEW! Corel PaintShop Pro 2018

Wishlist for VS 2019

Re: Short Cut

Postby asik1 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:44 pm

Ahmedradi wrote:I wish if new versions of Video Studio comes with Keyboard short cuts customization, so I can customize them as I want.

You are correct, but Keyboard shortcuts is not "flashy" enough for the selling page hence it's being ignore for years by corel, even been asked many times before.
asik1

operating_system: Windows 7 Professional
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: H170M-E D3
processor: i5-6600
ram: 8gb
Video Card: ENGT430
Corel programs: X9.2

Re: Wishlist for VS 2019

Postby plasmavideo » Tue May 01, 2018 5:43 pm

asik1 wrote:plasmavideo, I fully understand your frustration, I raised that issue few years ago. It could never be mended due to fundamental 15 years old core code philosophy. No one at corel has the knowhow to dive into that code, many resent tries caused only more havoc to VS, were what used to work ~OK work now as OK? .

Yes, as the core seems to be the old Mediastudio Pro code from the 1990s :-). Too bad some of the original creative code writers from Ulead aren't still around. I know one that long ago moved on.

As to another long standing wish, it's too bad we cannot export in CODECS installed on the PC, like Grass Valley HQ/HQX, DNxHD, or other lossless CODECS.
Independent Editor/Producer
plasmavideo

operating_system: Windows 7 Home Premium

Postby guy_mike » Wed May 02, 2018 6:45 pm

Be able to establish a default pan/zoom speed. What I mean by this is like the old, unsophistocated Microsoft PhotoStory3 worked. It allowed the user to position the beginning frame and the ending frame. And there must have been a default speed set in the program because if the movement from beginning frame to ending frame was too fast, it automatically added time for the duration to occur. And it then allowed the user to change the time from the default. This allowed all pan and zoom to be about the same speed whether default or customized. This was very efficient and allowed quick customizing of pan/zoom. VideoStudio does not have this. In customizing pan/zoom, the user can select the beginning frame placement and ending. If it is too fast, tough luck. It then requires more user work to get it to a speed comparable to other pan/zoom. Duration can be changed or the position of the beginning or ending frame. Old free Photostory3 adjusted the speed automatically.
guy_mike

operating_system: Windows 10
processor: AMD A12-9800 Radeon R7 12 Compute Cores 4C+8G 3.8
ram: 12GB
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1 TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Dell SE24 17HG
Corel programs: VideoStudio pro X7, VideoStudio ultimate

Postby lata » Wed May 02, 2018 7:24 pm

guy_mike wrote:Be able to establish a default pan/zoom speed. What I mean by this is like the old, unsophistocated Microsoft PhotoStory3 worked. It allowed the user to position the beginning frame and the ending frame. And there must have been a default speed set in the program because if the movement from beginning frame to ending frame was too fast, it automatically added time for the duration to occur. And it then allowed the user to change the time from the default. This allowed all pan and zoom to be about the same speed whether default or customized. This was very efficient and allowed quick customizing of pan/zoom. VideoStudio does not have this. In customizing pan/zoom, the user can select the beginning frame placement and ending. If it is too fast, tough luck. It then requires more user work to get it to a speed comparable to other pan/zoom. Duration can be changed or the position of the beginning or ending frame. Old free Photostory3 adjusted the speed automatically.

If your clip is 10 seconds long then the pan and zoom from beginning will be 10 seconds, if you feel that is to fast, how do you slow it down?
The only way I know is to increase /decrease the length of the clip, difficult to do for video files, easy for images.
Are you asking for a way to change the image clip duration from within the Pan & Zoom panel.
Regards Trevor
lata
Site Admin

motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC A88XM-A USB 3 1 Rev X.0x
processor: 4.10 gigahertz AMD A10-7890K Radeon R7
ram: 16 gb
Video Card: on board
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 500 SSD
Monitor/Display Make & Model: LG W2242 [Monitor]
Corel programs: Video Studio, PSP, PI X3, MS3D

Postby jowauk » Fri May 04, 2018 11:02 am

Desperately would like at least double the current quantity if Library holders. For most "active" projects I need 6 library elements to contain multiple sources of media spanning clips from differing cameras that have differing capture standards, images/graphics/logos, client audio choices, stills grabbed during the edit, rendered final clips etc etc. Plus the generic Library holders - 6 of those. And I can have 4-5 "active" projects running concurrently, and 1 or 2 of those will remain "active" for up to 3 months as the project develops. The current Library LIMITS are very LIMITING.

So PLEASE allow MORE Library holder elements.

P.S. After a troubled start with VS2018 Pro I am still seeing a couple of VERY annoying bugs. I have not yet reported these via Corel support and they may well be covered HERE in the forum already.

FIRST - my LIBRARY was exported before UPGRADE then imported to my glistening new VS2018 Pro. I now find that a MUSIC tracks library contains FOUR or MAYBE FIVE repeat entries for the SAME audio track - resulting in hundreds of audio tracks in the library VIEW. I have not yet tried to DELETE the excess tracks/audio clips - and I recall reading somewhere on the forum that someone who tried to delete library tracks found they reappeared by magic after restarting the software ?

SECOND - when editing a single clip, like most of us, I will TOP and TAIL the clip to leave a middle segment that I will probably USE. VS10 and all previous versions supported the ability to use keyboard shortcuts to enhance this style of editing - by holding SHIFT and clicking PLAY it was possible to play the clip both BEYOND the end-point to END-CLIP, and also to play from clip-start to START of CLIP. Sometimes this is helpful and allows a speedy initial clip edit whilst retaining the ability to VIEW the remainder of the clip (during which it often results in deciding to include another second or two than was first thought).
This facility has stopped working. Not sure if this is a known issue already. It's absence is annoying and increases edit time by probably 10% or more.

THIRD - the ability to MOVE clips around within the Library has GONE - this bug has been reported to Corel who acknowledge the issue as a bug and it appears here on the forum - does anyone know when this might get fixed ? Is there a patch release imminent ? I really hope so as this bug is bugging me :)
John

| Mari Jimages Video Productions | BizCeeVeeTV | CeeVeeTV | ParkYourself |
jowauk

motherboard: ACPI x86-based PC
processor: Intel QuadCore
ram: 4GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7100 NVIDIA nForce 630i
sound_card: Realtek HD Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 2 x 350GB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Yuraku 21inch
Corel programs: VideoStudio X10 and 2018 Ultimate

Postby asik1 » Wed May 09, 2018 3:01 pm

plasmavideo wrote:
asik1 wrote:plasmavideo, I fully understand your frustration, I raised that issue few years ago. It could never be mended due to fundamental 15 years old core code philosophy. No one at corel has the knowhow to dive into that code, many resent tries caused only more havoc to VS, were what used to work ~OK work now as OK? .

Yes, as the core seems to be the old Mediastudio Pro code from the 1990s :-). Too bad some of the original creative code writers from Ulead aren't still around. I know one that long ago moved on.

As to another long standing wish, it's too bad we cannot export in CODECS installed on the PC, like Grass Valley HQ/HQX, DNxHD, or other lossless CODECS.

Have you tried this freeware
https://www.shotcut.org/features/
asik1

Postby lata » Wed May 09, 2018 3:19 pm

Hi jowauk

First – you can try resetting the library, settings Library Reset-- then import your library again.
Or reset the program by re-naming the 21.0 folder to “21.0_old”,
C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Ulead Systems\Corel VideoStudio Pro (x64)\21.0
then import your library again.

Second – clip playback and holding Shift seems to work ok with my program.

Third – sorry do not know when the next service patch will be available, nor whether this issue will be addressed.
Regards Trevor
lata
Site Admin

motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC A88XM-A USB 3 1 Rev X.0x
processor: 4.10 gigahertz AMD A10-7890K Radeon R7
ram: 16 gb
Video Card: on board
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 500 SSD
Monitor/Display Make & Model: LG W2242 [Monitor]
Corel programs: Video Studio, PSP, PI X3, MS3D

Postby jowauk » Wed May 09, 2018 10:55 pm

Thanks Trevor - I will give those suggestions a blast.
John

jowauk

Monitor/Display Make & Model: Yuraku 21inch
Corel programs: VideoStudio X10 and 2018 Ultimate

Postby Ken Berry » Thu May 10, 2018 7:09 pm

asik1 wrote:Have you tried this freeware

Just a warning about this link. On installing Shotcut, Malwarebytes gives me a warning about a Trojan (wdfload) being installed with it and a recommendation for quarantine. That Trojan injects advertisements in search results and into websites.
Ken Berry
Ken Berry
Site Admin

motherboard: Intel NUC7i7BNB J31145-306
processor: Core i7-7567U + 32 GB Optane
ram: 8 GB
Video Card: Intel Iris Plus 650
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 2TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Kogan 28" 4K 3840 x 2160
Corel programs: VS 2018; PSP 2018; MS3D; ASP 3; DRAW 17

Postby asik1 » Fri May 11, 2018 10:39 am

Ken Berry wrote:
asik1 wrote:Have you tried this freeware

Just a warning about this link. On installing Shotcut, Malwarebytes gives me a warning about a Trojan (wdfload) being installed with it and a recommendation for quarantine. That Trojan injects advertisements in search results and into websites.

Strange, I didn't see any warnings (with Avira) and I never use installer if there is a portable zip version (I found zip's for 80% of all my needs).
I'm not at home now, but I'll check again tomorrow.
But on the few minutes I played with ShotCut I find it amazing. I'm going to dive in to it.
True video editor coded with editors in mind.

**Here I have only 32b 7, so I will give a test to that version with the Avast here.
***Noting with Avast.
asik1

Postby plasmavideo » Fri May 18, 2018 2:39 pm

asik1 wrote:
plasmavideo wrote:

Have you tried this freeware

(Ken, I note your warning regarding Malwarebytes.)

Have not seen that before, thanks. I might try it first on a Linux laptop, or with the portable version on an isolated Windows PC..

I also use Grass Valley Edius, so it would be nice to be able to export from VSP in the GV HQ or HQX CODECS. VSP does some clever things that are harder to easily recreate in Edius, but Edius is a more powerful editor in general. VSP features one click auto pan and zoom for photos, for example, where in Edius you have to manually create layouts for each move. VSP will IMPORT the GV CODEC files, so that's at least halfway there.
Independent Editor/Producer
plasmavideo

Postby Jan Germany » Mon May 21, 2018 6:43 pm

I do like the way VideoStudio has come, and over the years Ulead/Corel have added lots of functions/features that help me a lot. I just want to mention this here, as it seems that the wishlist is often used to express frustration about what has not been done yet.
However, in the last months I realized that the way the chapters are dealt with could be better. I love using chapters in my project, as I can quickly jump to certain points, buuuuuut ... Even when I am using ripple mode (which I do almost always), the chapters keep their absolute position, which means that when I change a clips length somewhere in the middle of the project I will have to re-adjust the chapters's positions, which is a lot of effort.
I would appreciate it very much if the chapters were included in ripple mode.
Otherwise, I am still very happy with the program. :-)
I do a lot of grouping ever since it was introduced, and I work with audio ducking in many cases (for me, it still needs a little fine-tuning, but it is ok in order to get the "first shot" at mixing the audio. I use the subtitle editor a reeeaaal lot, even though it sometimes happens that it tells me it could not detect language, while the audio track is a spoken text without any background noise.
btw. there are still some open issues I would like to see in the future, while I do not think it bothers too many of my fellows, one of them is the possibility to add more than one subtitle to a Blu-ray disc. One more subtitle track on the disc would be a dream (German subtitles for the hearing impaired, English subtitles for the non-German-speakers) - plus, of course, the possibility for the user to choose the subtitle language. And while we are at it: an additional optional soundtrack would be nice, too.
Always happy to ask new questions :wink:
Jan Germany

Corel programs: VideoStudio

Postby Ken Berry » Mon May 21, 2018 8:05 pm

Jan Germany wrote:I would appreciate it very much if the chapters were included in ripple mode.

I realize that some users place Chapter markers during the editing process, which of course is logical until you use ripple editing, as you have done. Your suggestion is thus a useful one.

However, I would suggest you think about only adding Chapter markers when all your editing has completely finished. In fact, I never place Chapter markers during the editing process. I create the chapters as part of the Burning process. That way you don't have to worry that ripple mode in Edit will change where the markers should be, or in some cases doing other things in Edit cause the markers to disappear altogether. Using the Burning module also allows you to move/edit any Chapter markers you created in the Edit module.

You are probably already aware of how to create Chapters in the Burning module, but for those users who haven't used this before, look where the green arrow is pointing in the image I have attached below:
Attachments
VS Add Chapter.jpg
Ken Berry
Ken Berry
Site Admin

motherboard: Intel NUC7i7BNB J31145-306
processor: Core i7-7567U + 32 GB Optane
ram: 8 GB
Video Card: Intel Iris Plus 650
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 2TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Kogan 28" 4K 3840 x 2160
Corel programs: VS 2018; PSP 2018; MS3D; ASP 3; DRAW 17

Postby asik1 » Tue May 22, 2018 4:51 am

Ken you miss understood Jan use of chapter points. He places them at points he wants to fine tune later during the work. as unfortunately VS doesn't have markers.

And Jan you are correct, the wishlist is ONLY used to express frustration about what has not been done yet.
(and probably wont)
asik1

Postby jowauk » Tue May 22, 2018 8:57 am

Just a note to support the request for VS to have MARKERS that DO move/ripple with edit changes. I do not regard these as Chapter Markers which as Ken says are more likely to be used after the majority of editing has been completed.

VS's lack of any other facility means that Chapter Markers are the only way we can drop markers that inform us we need to GO BACK to that sequence and maybe add something or insert something, and the fact that multiple such markers do NOT RIPPLE with inserts/deletions is POOR. Ideally VS needs another tier of Markers and ideally the Markers could be different COLOURS allowing us to indicate YELLOW = needs music here, RED = needs FX applied here , BLUE = think about DROPPING this clip/section etc .

This would be a significant improvement to VS as far as I am concerned.
John

jowauk