NEW! PaintShop Pro 2019

Particle Shop Pop-ups

Bugs & Suggestions

Particle Shop Pop-ups

Postby dangelic0 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:57 am

Windows home page pop-ups advertising Corel Particle Shop have begun on my Windows 7 systems. It began after I upgraded to ASP3 which is why I am posting here. I searched and searched for other sources of solution or problem description but found none. If anyone has any tips for stopping these intrusive home screen pop-ups I would appreciate it.
Thanks
Dean
PS. I would attach a screenshot with this posting but they are those pernicious lower right hand corner items that disappear as soon as they detect you have noticed them.
dangelic0

operating_system: Windows XP Pro
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 32 Bit
motherboard: Dell Inc. 0J584C
processor: 2.50 gigahertz Intel Core2 Quad
ram: 4GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 960GB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: DELL SP2309W

Re: Particle Shop Pop-ups

Postby rdenney » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:27 pm

Same here; desktop is Windows 7 running an older version of PaintShop. Pop-up advertisements are my BIGGEST complaint with Corel. I wound up buying PaintShop Pro X9 and installing on a laptop, but chose to keep my desktop on the older version. You would think buying the latest version would stop being bugged about the new products, but it persists. I've also had issues with X9 pestering me to install the latest and great updates which I don't really want. I talked with customer support and their "solution" is to trick the registry into thinking I've installed the update. Not real encouraging.
rdenney

operating_system: Windows 10
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit

Postby rdenney » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:54 pm

I submitted a help ticket on how to stop these pop-ups; I am pestered about buying X9, which I've already bought, but chose to install on one machine. This was the "fix" .. seriously? How about a preference that simply says you chose not to be spammed ???

Hi Richard,
Thank you for contacting Corel Technical Support. My name is Steven and I have been assigned to your ticket #3913431. After reviewing your ticket, here is some information that will help on turning off the message advertisements in PaintShop Pro X9.
WIth PaintShop Pro X9 closed first thing to do is to disable the Corel Update Helper:
1. Click on the start button
2. Type Task Scheduler
3. Click on the the Task Scheduler Desktop app will appear towards the top.
4. Once the Task Scheduler app appears highlight the Task Scheduler Library Folder towards the top left.
5. The box on the right will show you what programs have scheduled tasks.
6. Locate the CorelUpdateHelperTaskCore task and right click on it.
7. Choose disable.
8. Close the window.
9. Under the help menu in PaintShop Pro X9 you can click on message preferences and uncheck the box for "Keep me informed with the latest product related messages" and under the Receive updates/offers as tray notifications dropdown choose Do not show me tray messages for this application.
10. Click on "OK"
11. Alternatively, you can always clear the messages folder under %appdata%\Corel\Messages
rdenney

Postby vsguru » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:58 pm

Hey everyone, if all you want to do is disable the ParticleShop popup that shows up every day (at least on my PC), just follow step 9 above. It goes away immediately and never comes back:

9. Under the help menu in PaintShop Pro X9 you can click on message preferences and uncheck the box for "Keep me informed with the latest product related messages" and under the Receive updates/offers as tray notifications dropdown choose Do not show me tray messages for this application. This worked for me with any version of PSP. Far to easy once you know. Good luck!
vsguru

Corel programs: Paintshop Pro 2018, X9, Painter Essentia

Return to Bugs & Suggestions