NEW! PaintShop Pro 2019

Photo Album 6 Text to DVD Help

CD & DVD Picture Show

Photo Album 6 Text to DVD Help

Postby PhotoDude » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:40 pm

For years I have used the old Jasc and then Corel Photo Album 5 and 6 software to organize and do limited editing of my photos. For a majority of the photos, I added a photo title and photo description for each picture under the "info" tab found on the "organize, enhance or share" workspace. I have always been able to create photo slide shows that will show the photo title and photo description on demand. The program accomplished this by generating a text file (ixdb.txt) accompanying the images that would then match up and display the text with the images during slideshow playback. Over the years, I burned these slideshows to CD.

I still have and use the Photo Album 6 software, but I would like to burn these slideshows to DVD that can be played back on a television via a standard DVD player with the accompanying photo title and description displayed on the image. Is anyone aware of any Corel software that might accomplish this goal without me having to copy and paste the title and description info onto each photo/image? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
PhotoDude

operating_system: Windows XP Home
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 32 Bit
motherboard: Dell Inc. 0D8695
processor: 3.40 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4
ram: 2GB
Video Card: Intel 82915G-GV-910GL Express Chipset Family
sound_card: SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 90GB

Re: Photo Album 6 Text to DVD Help

Postby Ron P. » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:07 am

Welcome to the forums,

First I'm not familiar with Photo Album 6, so I need to ask if it does not have a DVD burning engine included? That would be my first choice, just use it to burn your DVDs.

Next the only program that Corel has that comes close to doing what you want would be DVD MovieFactory 7 Pro, (not DVD Factory Pro 2010). However it will use the EXIF data for the images, or a subtitle file (SRT) that you would have to manually create. EXIF data of course does not include comments/descriptions you would have added, those are generally stored in the ICPT.

You might have a look at Irfanview (FREE) and is capable of doing a lot. It does have the ability to use ICPT data, and you can burn CDs or DVDs with it.

Now keep in mind that the text files created using Photo Album 6 are proprietary, meaning only Photo Album will recognize and be able to use them. So with any other program you will need to construct that information again.
Ron Petersen, Web Board Administrator
Ron P.
Site Admin

operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: Hewlett-Packard 2AF3 1.0
processor: 3.40 gigahertz Intel Core i7-4770
ram: 16GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 645
sound_card: NVIDIA High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 4TB