NEW! PaintShop Pro 2019

Free VS11.5 for MSP8 users

Free VS11.5 for MSP8 users

Postby neonbob » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:22 pm

Well.... I got my free Video studio copy 11.5 (being a MSP8 owner) and although I must say it was nice of Corel to offer MSP users this free VS11.5 deal, it's just simply no where NEAR the level of MSP8.

I'm already onto another program as a replacement for MSP (competitor), but that being said, this leaves a REAL empty spot for users of the MSP level within the Corel family. I don't care how much they dress up VS11... it just simply will NEVER serve as adequate replacement. I played with it for about 30 minutes then removed it from the machine.

Don't get me wrong, I thank Corel for the free offer, but I must say it's a lot like giving some one a free antenna for their TV when they already have cable.
neonbob

Postby Devil » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:15 pm

I agree that it isn't the same. However, don't be too hasty buying a prosumer replacement. MSP is still fine for most users and your VS brings you an upgrade path for something new in the pipeline, so don't chuck it away too fast. It will need a little patience, that's all!

Please don't ask me for further details, because I don't have any. And I request no speculation, either, because nobody here can confirm or deny other than what I said.
Devil

P4 Core 2 Duo 2.6 GHz/Elite NVidia NF650iSLIT-A/2 Gb dual channel FSB 1333 MHz/Gainward NVidia 7300/2 x 80 Gb, 1 x 300 Gb, 1 x 200 Gb/DVCAM DRV-1000P drive/ Pan NV-DX1&-DX100/MSP8/WS2/PI11/C3D etc.
Devil

THE SAMETHING HAPPENED

Postby DAAdood » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:58 pm

HI GUYS
I agree
I have been experimenting with ( the competitor)MSP8 and now with video studio 8 , nothing compares with MSP8. MSP8 is lot less tech simple to move around the clip meaning in clicking and drag, the performance of doing a drag is another story. I seems that the program cant handle to much of timeline like 28 minutes it takes longer to drag the whole project back and forth than the (competitor).
No matter how nice the dress the Video Studio 11 it does not do what I would expect to do . In fact I tried to import a render video done by MSP8 and it showed an fatal error and though me out of the program.
Then of course is the trial version. by being the trial version and giving me that error i am not sure i would spen a cent on that program.

what is PowerDVD and what does it do?

Is there a program other than MSP8 that I would just render from MSP8 and import to create Dvd or HD blu ray burning.
My first intension was to import back to the camera in HDV and then later to burned it to Blu ray disc.
What can anyone sudgest?
DAAdood

Hi Neobob

Postby DAAdood » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:08 pm

I know what you are talking abut I tried the ( competitor) just like you and all I would use that one is to printed back to tape. that it.

Even it becomes very slow to the point that I had to divide the projecto inot three parts so far because to just to load the project into MSP8 it takes forever. and to render is about 2 hours and on top of all that sometimes it fail to open mpg files that it create.

But overall I would rather edit in MSP8.
That bring to my other question and the reason i refer to you is because you being loyal reply positively and I thank you.

here is goes
What is Power DVD? I understand that LG drive Blu Ray burner comes with it.
I was wondering if there such thing that I would just render that video in MSP8 of course and just imported into this other program that aloud me to Burner to Blu Ray

Well that is all for now
Thank you
LUIs
DAAdood

Postby sjj1805 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:45 am

Easy answer first
What is Power DVD

This is software like Corel WinDVD and also Nero Showtime.
It enables you to watch a DVD on your computer either by placing a disc in the disc drive or by pointing the program at the "DVD" files copied to your hard drive.

As for your "long rendering time" of 2 hours.
Well that rather depends upon what it is you are trying to render.
if it is a 5 minute slide show of a few dozen photographs, then I would be worried. On the other hand if it was a 5 hour video of your camcorder recordings of your holidays I would be ecstatically surprised at how fast it works.

You have Windows XP and so MediaStudio 8 WILL work correctly on your system and will last for several years yet to come. To obtain further assistance you need to view this link:
Please Read This Before Creating Posts.
sjj1805

operating_system: Windows XP Pro
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 32 Bit
motherboard: Equium P200-178
processor: Intel Pentium Dual-Core Processor T2080
ram: 2 GB
Video Card: Intel 945 Express
sound_card: Intel GMA 950
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1160 GB

Postby Gra » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:55 pm

Hi Guys
Where is the offer for MSP8 users? I just had a look on the Corel site and couldn't seem to find it (or is the offer over).
Thanks & regards.
Gra

MSP8 (SP1), VS8, C3DPS, MF6+, DAZ Studio, Poser 6, Nero 6, Audacity, Photoshop 7.0
You can see a couple of my movies at http://www.youtube.com/glaustin
Gra

Postby Black Lab » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:04 pm

For users who require Vista-compatible video editing software, Corel offers VideoStudio 11.5 Plus, a consumer video editing product with many powerful features. Through July 31, 2008, Corel will provide free copies of VideoStudio 11.5 to MediaStudio Pro 8 customers. Simply email Corel¡¦s customer service team at mediastudiopro@corel.com with your full name, mailing address including country, email address and MediaStudio Pro 8 serial number. One free, downloadable copy of Ulead VideoStudio 11.5 Plus will be emailed to you within six to eight weeks of receipt.

I guess that's why you can't find it anymore, as the date has passed. I guess you could always try contacting customer support to plead your case, if you have one. :wink:
Black Lab

operating_system: Windows 8
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit

Postby Devil » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:05 pm

The original offer expired 31 July but don't despair. A little bird told me that there may be some good news next month. The Japanese site talks of VS 12 release on 12 September - who knows, maybe not just Japan? There is also a little cheep whispered into my shell-like lug'ole that mentioned upgrade paths, but I haven't a clue what it is all about.

Speculation? Yes! But combined with an educated guess or two. Don't shoot me down in flames if I'm totally wrong, though!
Devil

P4 Core 2 Duo 2.6 GHz/Elite NVidia NF650iSLIT-A/2 Gb dual channel FSB 1333 MHz/Gainward NVidia 7300/2 x 80 Gb, 1 x 300 Gb, 1 x 200 Gb/DVCAM DRV-1000P drive/ Pan NV-DX1&-DX100/MSP8/WS2/PI11/C3D etc.
Devil

Postby Gra » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:14 pm

Thanks Devil
I don't know. I go out of circulation for a while having my PC upgraded (following your advice of a year ago) and due to a house move and I miss all the freebies...
Thanks & regards.
Gra

MSP8 (SP1), VS8, C3DPS, MF6+, DAZ Studio, Poser 6, Nero 6, Audacity, Photoshop 7.0
You can see a couple of my movies at http://www.youtube.com/glaustin
Gra

VS 11.5 free crossgrade

Postby Karlos » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:12 pm

I sent my full information to Corel on July 13, well before the July 31 deadline, and have heard nothing. Has only been 6 weeks ... so guess there are 2 more weeks in the 6-8 week time period. Hard to imagine it is so difficult to process these things... so IMHO just yet another red flag about Corel. :-(

K
XP Pro SP2+, 3GHz HT P4, 1.5 GB RAM, 128 MB ATI Radeon 9700 Pro, 100's of GB disk, dual LCD, Canopus ADVC-100, Sony Digital-8
Karlos

Postby asande » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:25 pm

I ended up sending my request twice - On June 20 and again on July 24. They responded with the download and licence information on July 25, but I have no idea if it was from the first or second submission.

If you still have the original mail in your "sent" box, you might want to resend it to make sure it was received.

However, after downloading and installing VS11 onto my sole Vista machine, I quickly found out why I had upgraded to MSP 7 and then MSP 8 in the first place. While VS might have some nice features, it really doesn't do anything for me, and I just can't wrap my head around its interface without feeling just a little bit "handcuffed".

Al
asande

Postby Karlos » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:07 pm

asande wrote:If you still have the original mail in your "sent" box, you might want to resend it to make sure it was received.

Just did ... but the address mediastudiopro@corel.com bounces back as 'no such user - psmtp', so I guess they killed the address.

I hated the VS 9 interface, so if 11 is similar (lack of control), then I would probably have the same reaction you have had.

K
XP Pro SP2+, 3GHz HT P4, 1.5 GB RAM, 128 MB ATI Radeon 9700 Pro, 100's of GB disk, dual LCD, Canopus ADVC-100, Sony Digital-8
Karlos

Postby Black Lab » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:09 pm

However, after downloading and installing VS11 onto my sole Vista machine, I quickly found out why I had upgraded to MSP 7 and then MSP 8 in the first place. While VS might have some nice features, it really doesn't do anything for me, and I just can't wrap my head around its interface without feeling just a little bit "handcuffed".

I have no proof of this, but I think they offered MSP users a copy of VideoStudio so you would have an upgrade path to the much anticipated VideoStudio Pro.

So why not be a little patient before jumping to conclusions and knocking the free product they gave you. :wink:
Black Lab

operating_system: Windows 8
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit

Postby troppo » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:51 am

Black Lab wrote:

I have no proof of this, but I think they offered MSP users a copy of VideoStudio so you would have an upgrade path to the much anticipated VideoStudio Pro.

So why not be a little patient before jumping to conclusions and knocking the free product they gave you. :wink:

Maybe those people who think there is an 'upgrade path' are the ones more likely to be jumping to conclusions, as you said yourself, there is no proof. Whereas asande did not appear to 'jump' to any conclusion. He used the product, and reported on his experience.
troppo

Postby Devil » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:16 am

Can we have more on facts and less on speculation, please? As the owners of the freebie VS11.5+ have the full version, without restriction, the future upgrade path is evident and factual. It stops there. VSPro and the release date for VS12 are still speculative and need not be discussed yet, even if some of use have our guesses.
Devil

Devil

Next

Return to MediaStudio Pro