NEW! PaintShop Pro 2019

Application error

Postby stelch » Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:51 pm

What I have also noticed is that my Windows media player 11, sometimes crashes and reboots my pc when I play some media MPEG files. Do you think that this might have something to do with VideoStudio crashing? Is some codecs the problem?
Somebody from another Forum said that this problem also occurs sometimes when VideoStudio10 and Moviefactory6 are installed on the same machine. Anyone had this scenario?

Stelios
stelch

operating_system: Windows 7 Professional
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: Fujitsu Siemens
processor: Intel Xeon processor E31240 8 MB 3.30 GHzz
ram: 8GB
Video Card: NVIDIA Quadro 2000 1GB
sound_card: Realtek
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 2 x 1 Terr

Postby Ken Berry » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:15 pm

I think you will find that a lot of us here have both VS10/10+ and MF6 installed on the same drive on the same computer with no problem at all. (In fact, I have VS 8, 9 and 10+, as well as MF5+ and MF6+ all on the same drive and experience no crashes at all...)
Ken Berry
Ken Berry
Site Admin

operating_system: Windows 10
motherboard: Intel NUC7i7BNB J31145-306
processor: Core i7-7567U + 32 GB Optane
ram: 8 GB
Video Card: Intel Iris Plus 650
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 2TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Kogan 28" 4K 3840 x 2160
Corel programs: VS 2018; PSP 2018; MS3D; ASP 3; DRAW 17

Postby stelch » Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:01 pm

Ken I agree with you. I also had both programs installed on the same computer. Its just this problem bothers me a lot since I started now to film for money. I really wish that someone comes with a solution to my problem. I have made a record of the "reference memory" that causes this and its the same one every time " 0x0b2471f4" .

Stelios
stelch

Postby sjj1805 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:18 pm

I have several Ulead products installed on the same hard drive and all at the same time (See below)

have you followed my Troubleshooting Guide?
sjj1805

operating_system: Windows XP Pro
32bit or 64bit: 32 Bit
motherboard: Equium P200-178
processor: Intel Pentium Dual-Core Processor T2080
ram: 2 GB
Video Card: Intel 945 Express
sound_card: Intel GMA 950
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1160 GB

Re: Application error

Postby muttley » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:51 pm

stelch wrote:Often I get the following message and VideoStudio10 plus shuts down.

"The instruction at "oxob1b71f4" referenced memory at "oxob1b71f4" The memory could not be "read"
Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program"

Any ideas?

I have exactly the same error. Only occurs when i select images and scroll down the list. Crashes every time with the same message. There is an image which has no filename but before i can delete it i get the error and the program crashes. I'm suspecting it has something to do with relink checking so i tried to turn it off in preferences but, when i re-open preferences the check box is ticked again :?
Can someone PLEASE :D tell me how to turn off relink checking so i can delete this file and maybe stop this annoying problem?
muttley

Postby muttley » Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:44 am

Just ran the troubleshooting guide as recommended earlier in these posts and i still get the same error. Am i right in saying that when scrolling through images loaded into the library, V/studio automatically does a relink check? If so, how can i turn this off so i can delete the offending file? - please see previous post!
muttley

Postby Ron P. » Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:48 am

To disable Relink Checking, go to Preferences (press F6 on your keyboard or File>Preferences), on the General tab un-tick Relink Checking. Starting on page# 141 of the VS10 Manual it explains the Preferences Dialog.
Ron Petersen, Web Board Administrator
Ron P.
Site Admin

operating_system: Windows 10
motherboard: Hewlett-Packard 2AF3 1.0
processor: 3.40 gigahertz Intel Core i7-4770
ram: 16GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 645
sound_card: NVIDIA High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 4TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: 1-HP 27" IPS, 1-Sanyo 21" TV/Monitor
Corel programs: VS5,8.9,10-X5,PSP9-X8,CDGS-9,X4,Painter

Postby muttley » Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:09 pm

vidoman wrote:To disable Relink Checking, go to Preferences (press F6 on your keyboard or File>Preferences), on the General tab un-tick Relink Checking. Starting on page# 141 of the VS10 Manual it explains the Preferences Dialog.

Thanks for the prompt reply vidoman but as stated in my previous post, relink check box is automatically enabled when i go back into preferences even after un-checking the box.
I'm convinced that this file is the problem. As all the thumbnails are just shortcuts to actual files, how can i clear the image library shortcuts from outside VS (i.e. registry)?
Is there a DLL file i can edit to clear these shortcuts?
muttley

Postby stelch » Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:12 pm

I am also convinced that this might be my problem too. I have run just about any program available to check the hard drives, registry, Ram, everything and all is working OK. i have reinstalled VS but still i occasionally get the dreaded error message and VS shuts down. The last think left now (if no answer is found) is to format the PC.

Stelios
stelch

Postby muttley » Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:10 pm

I've found out my problem......

The file that was causing my error (same error as yours stelch) is called u32zlib.dll.
This file is in... /program files/Ulead Systems/Ulead Videostudio 10/fio/

Copy this file to your desktop and rename the one in the fio folder to _old.

Open V/S and your thumbnails will just show placeholders with filenames.

Delete your suspected thumbnail (or all of them).

Close V/S.

Copy your original u32zlib.dll file from your desktop back to the fio folder and restart V/S.

This solved my problem, i couldn't scroll down the image library. Hope it helps you Stelch?

If this works for you then just relink to your original files. :D
muttley

Postby stelch » Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:40 am

Hi muttley

OK but I don't see the reason to go to this extend (renaming the file) just to delete the thumbnails, as you can do that as it is. You can delete the thumbnails you don't want without renaming the u32zlib.dll.
In any case I did what you have suggested but as soon as I select the thumbnail to delete VS crashes every time, so I left the file as is and deleted all the new thumbnails. We will see what happens now.

Stelios
stelch

Postby muttley » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:01 pm

Maybe you have a different problem then? I couldn't click on the thumbnail or scroll down the library without the 'memory' error and V/S crashing. All is fine now though. :D
muttley

Previous

Return to VideoStudio