NEW! PaintShop Pro 2019

Antiflicker filter for UMS

Antiflicker filter for UMS

Postby BOBA » Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:46 am

I've made an AntiFlicker video filter (plugin for UMS) that reduces flickering effects in the interlaced video. Flickering or shinning of thin horizontal lines often appears when sharp still images are used for video production. Antiflicker blurs the problem areas only while keeping the rest of the picture untouched, i.e. as sharp as the original one

Antiflicker has been tested with UMS pro 7 but it also works witn 8th version and is supposed to work with related ulead video products.
Download from
http://d4to.obninsk.ru/antiflicker/

It's free. Plz try it and report your opinion/probles/questions
BOBA

Postby Bomoh » Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:04 am

Interesting.......... but problem is that my Russian language skills are not so hot. Anyone got an English version of "how to prepare your photos"?
Bomoh

operating_system: Windows XP Pro
System_Drive: C

Postby BOBA » Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:41 am

Bomoh wrote:Interesting.......... but problem is that my Russian language skills are not so hot. Anyone got an English version of "how to prepare your photos"?

Prepare and FAQ sections are related to the standalone Antiflicker program. It works with images so first you have to resize one in to appropriate format (either PAl or NTSC), etc. There are some tips about it in Russian.

As for the UMS filter you just insert your picture to the timeline and add Antiflicker video filter. That is. Only one thing. I'd recommend convert your source stills to RGB 16..235 output level.
BOBA

Return to MediaStudio Pro