NEW! PaintShop Pro 2019

Installing DDS 2018 64 bit

Corel Paint Shop Pro

Moderator: Kathy_9

Installing DDS 2018 64 bit

Postby hardlucksam » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:58 pm

I want to be able to work with DDS files in PSP Pro 2018. Downloaded Nividia_Utilities_8.31.1127.1645 plug-in but had no luck. Is there another trick I can use for DDS to work in PSP 2018? Have Win 10 OS.
hardlucksam

operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: N/A
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit

Re: Installing DDS 2018 64 bit

Postby JoeB » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:54 pm

I believe that plugin only works with Photoshop.

You can always convert the DDS files to a more common file type to work with them in PSP. Google search for Fileviewer Plus, which should be able to do that for you. I believe it's only a trial to download but don't know how crippled the trial might be. There may be other free or less expensive programs available.
Regards,

JoeB
Using PSP 2019 64bit
JoeB

operating_system: Windows 8.1
System_Drive: C
motherboard: LENOVO 4524PE4 ThinkCentre M91p
processor: 3.10 gigahertz Intel Quad Core i5-2400
ram: 8 GB
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 4.6 TB
Corel programs: PSP 9, X7 to 2019, 32 & 64-bit

Postby Nrde » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:01 pm

Nvidia dds files/filters work just fine with PSP 2019. Unless they don't...

I was happily using the PS filters with PSP until today, when suddenly it stopped working, I can still open DDS files (unless I try to drag&drop), then I get error:

------- Command Execution Failed -----------
Command Name: Format_D3D/DDS
Error Text: Plugin can't read the requested format

If I open one through file->open I can open the same file just fine.

When I try to save file as DDS file I get "Plugin can't read requested format". If the image has layers it tells the format doesn't support layers and then says it can't read the format. DDS can be selected from the filetype dropdown so in some way it's working, and as I said reading works just fine unless the file is dropped to PSP window.

So all this worked flawlessly until yesterday (or whenever I used it before today, seems to be 24th) so that makes it baffling. Also couple of hours googling hasn't revealed anything helpful. Either people tell "it's photoshop plugin it should not work anyway" or they tell the same advice to copy the file to the plugin directory.
Nrde

Corel programs: PSP, painter essentials, photomirage

Postby Nrde » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:16 pm

Some progress, if I open a DDS file and then do a "Save as..." the nvidia dialog pops up just fine.
I just can't create a file and save it as DDS. It just shows the dialog "because of the limitations of the specified file format (and possibly the save options you've selected), the save file will be limited to a merged image. Would you like to continue? Yes/No

Yes: It will say "Plugin can't read the requested format"

But for some reason it depends into what folder I try to save it.

It seems I have one folder (so far) that shows the undesired symptom but other folders will take the being saved file just fine?
Nrde

Corel programs: PSP, painter essentials, photomirage

Return to Paint Shop Pro