NEW! PaintShop Pro 2019

Polarization Slider

Corel Paint Shop Pro

Moderator: Kathy_9

Polarization Slider

Postby hartpaul » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:52 pm

ehume wrote:More on polarization. In this article (https://learn.zoner.com/add-pizazz-to-y ... andscapes/), we have this image: https://learn.zoner.com/wp-content/uplo ... /color.png. Seems to me Corel should be able to replicate that function.


Try Adjust > Color > Fade Correction folowed by Adjust > Hue and Saturation > Vibrancy with different combinations you actually get whiter snow.
To Admin sorry for helping fill up this thread with answers to questions that should have been tested in the general forum with a separate question before filling up space here. Might be better to move the question and my answer to a separate post so others may answer to it as well.
This Wish list thread is already 5 pages long and perhaps should only be about 2-3 pages giving Corel reps less garbage to wade through to find realistic wishes when so much is already present but has not been found by the users.
eg another posting that wishes for being able to set the foreground or background transparent .
This already exists and if the original posted had asked in a separate post would have found the answer and not needed to post in a wish list. The answer being to click the third Transparent button under both the Foreground and Stroke Properties and Back ground and Fill properties boxes.
Last edited by Kathy_9 on Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved from Wish List thread for further discussion if warranted.
Systems XP, Win7, Win 8.1,Win 10 Version 1607 Build 14393.2007 & version 1803 Build 17134.285
hartpaul
Advisor
 
Posts: 2522
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:38 pm
Location: Australia
operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: AsusTex P7P55D
processor: IntelCore I 5 2.67 Ghz
ram: 8 Gb
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 460
sound_card: Nvidia High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1000 Gb
Monitor/Display Make & Model: AOC
Corel programs: PSP8,X2 to X9,2018,2019

Re: Wish List for PSP 2020

Postby ehume » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:41 pm

hartpaul wrote:
ehume wrote:More on polarization. In this article (https://learn.zoner.com/add-pizazz-to-y ... andscapes/), we have this image: https://learn.zoner.com/wp-content/uplo ... /color.png. Seems to me Corel should be able to replicate that function.


Try Adjust > Color > Fade Correction folowed by Adjust > Hue and Saturation > Vibrancy with different combinations you actually get whiter snow.
To Admin sorry for helping fill up this thread with answers to questions that should have been tested in the general forum with a separate question before filling up space here. Might be better to move the question and my answer to a separate post so others may answer to it as well.
This Wish list thread is already 5 pages long and perhaps should only be about 2-3 pages giving Corel reps less garbage to wade through to find realistic wishes when so much is already present but has not been found by the users.
eg another posting that wishes for being able to set the foreground or background transparent .
This already exists and if the original posted had asked in a separate post would have found the answer and not needed to post in a wish list. The answer being to click the third Transparent button under both the Foreground and Stroke Properties and Back ground and Fill properties boxes.

The point about polarization was to show an image of a polarization slider.
Had PS3, PSP3; Installed: PSP-4.12, 5.03, 6.02, 7.04 (liked it a lot & used it for years), 8.10, 9.01, 10, 11, x4, x6, x7, x8, x9; now using PSPx10 (PSP 2018; version 20.2.0.1 x64) on Win 10-64; rejected PSP 2019.
User avatar
ehume
 
Posts: 433
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:05 am
operating_system: Windows 7 Home Premium
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H
processor: i7 4770k
ram: 16GB
Video Card: Intel HD4600
sound_card: no_sound_card
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 512GB+4TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Acer KN242HYL
Corel programs: PSP 2018 32b & 64b, AS3 64b, PE5 64b

Re: Polarization Slider

Postby hartpaul » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:06 am

There is a polarisation in Effects> Plugins > Nik Collection > Color Efex Pro 4> Polarisation
Results here:
01Polarisation.jpg


The Nik ColorEfex Pro 3 was available in earlier versions as a plugin and now the updated one Color Efex pro 4 was available as plug ins when Google released the full set for free download before another company picked it up.
Now the ColorEfex Pro alone costs US69.90
Systems XP, Win7, Win 8.1,Win 10 Version 1607 Build 14393.2007 & version 1803 Build 17134.285
hartpaul
Advisor
 
Posts: 2522
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:38 pm
Location: Australia
operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: AsusTex P7P55D
processor: IntelCore I 5 2.67 Ghz
ram: 8 Gb
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 460
sound_card: Nvidia High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1000 Gb
Monitor/Display Make & Model: AOC
Corel programs: PSP8,X2 to X9,2018,2019

Re: Polarization Slider

Postby JoeB » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:16 am

hartpaul wrote:There is a polarisation in Effects> Plugins > Nik Collection > Color Efex Pro 4> Polarisation
Results here:
01Polarisation.jpg


The Nik ColorEfex Pro 3 was available in earlier versions as a plugin and now the updated one Color Efex pro 4 was available as plug ins when Google released the full set for free download before another company picked it up.
Now the ColorEfex Pro alone costs US69.90


If Google didn't place any restrictions on the version that they provided for free, then perhaps there are no restrictions on sharing it among friends and family or so. Not saying that's the case.... Just wondering.... :?:
Regards,

JoeB
Using PSP 2019 64bit
JoeB
 
Posts: 2334
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:04 pm
Location: Canada
operating_system: Windows 8.1
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: LENOVO 4524PE4 ThinkCentre M91p
processor: 3.10 gigahertz Intel Quad Core i5-2400
ram: 8 GB
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 4.6 TB
Corel programs: PSP 9, X7 to 2019, 32 & 64-bit

Re: Polarization Slider

Postby hartpaul » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:44 am

Yeah I have heard that some people had problems with it running once the other company bought the rights. But are those rights retrospective?
Wonder if trying to install the Google free package will call home and be diverted to the new company and so deny the installation.

The Nik color Efex Pro 3 was provided free by Corel with PSP X5 as part of the Ultimate package.
Then later Google made the next version free along with other graphics programs including:

04Nik Collection.jpg


Now the new owner has made a deal with Google after the free distribution and removed it from free distribution and now charges US69.90.
EDIT If you do a Google search you can still find the free version around .
Systems XP, Win7, Win 8.1,Win 10 Version 1607 Build 14393.2007 & version 1803 Build 17134.285
hartpaul
Advisor
 
Posts: 2522
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:38 pm
Location: Australia
operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: AsusTex P7P55D
processor: IntelCore I 5 2.67 Ghz
ram: 8 Gb
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 460
sound_card: Nvidia High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1000 Gb
Monitor/Display Make & Model: AOC
Corel programs: PSP8,X2 to X9,2018,2019

Re: Polarization Slider

Postby ehume » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:31 pm

Thanks, hartpaul, for pointing out the Coloreffects plugin. The slider works perfectly! It still seems to me that Corel could include such an old effect in their main PSP implementation.

As for the Nik collection, it seems strange that distributions are only available at a price. IIRC, Google put the collection in the Public Domain. I may be misremembering it, however. Maybe Google retained their copyright and allowed free distribution. Whatever, I'm glad to have it.
Had PS3, PSP3; Installed: PSP-4.12, 5.03, 6.02, 7.04 (liked it a lot & used it for years), 8.10, 9.01, 10, 11, x4, x6, x7, x8, x9; now using PSPx10 (PSP 2018; version 20.2.0.1 x64) on Win 10-64; rejected PSP 2019.
User avatar
ehume
 
Posts: 433
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:05 am
operating_system: Windows 7 Home Premium
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H
processor: i7 4770k
ram: 16GB
Video Card: Intel HD4600
sound_card: no_sound_card
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 512GB+4TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Acer KN242HYL
Corel programs: PSP 2018 32b & 64b, AS3 64b, PE5 64b

Re: Polarization Slider

Postby JoeB » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:55 pm

hartpaul wrote:Yeah I have heard that some people had problems with it running once the other company bought the rights. But are those rights retrospective?
Wonder if trying to install the Google free package will call home and be diverted to the new company and so deny the installation.


If that is, indeed, the issue, the workaround is to simply use your firewall option to stop all internet activity prior to doing the installation, then install the free version, then use your firewall option to deny internet access in or out for the collection, then restore internet activity.
Regards,

JoeB
Using PSP 2019 64bit
JoeB
 
Posts: 2334
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:04 pm
Location: Canada
operating_system: Windows 8.1
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: LENOVO 4524PE4 ThinkCentre M91p
processor: 3.10 gigahertz Intel Quad Core i5-2400
ram: 8 GB
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 4.6 TB
Corel programs: PSP 9, X7 to 2019, 32 & 64-bit

Re: Polarization Slider

Postby Ken Berry » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:17 pm

FWIW, I have certainly installed my old (free) version of the Nik collection on a computer since the new company took it over, and it installed and operates without the slightest problem.
Ken Berry
User avatar
Ken Berry
Site Admin
 
Posts: 20592
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:36 pm
Location: Levin, New Zealand
operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: Intel NUC7i7BNB J31145-306
processor: Core i7-7567U + 32 GB Optane
ram: 16 GB
Video Card: Intel Iris Plus 650
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 2TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Kogan 32" 4K 3840 x 2160
Corel programs: VS 2019; PSP 2019; MS3D; ASP 3; DRAW 17

Re: Polarization Slider

Postby LeviFiction » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:31 pm

DxO was originally linking to Google's old free version alongside their paid version. You were paying for the updates but old collection 3 was still free. I don't know what the allowances are to share. But I don't remember having to register it so I don't think it would have any way to confirm your being allowed to have it.
LeviFiction
Advisor
 
Posts: 5377
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:07 pm
Location: USA
operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
Corel programs: PSP: 8, 9, X, XI, X2, X8,X9, 2018, 2019


Return to Paint Shop Pro

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: fred8615 and 20 guests