NEW! Corel PaintShop Pro 2018

Introduce yourself to other members in this thread.

General "Chatter" or conversations. They need not be directly related to video editing, or any products. We will however restrict the content of this forums to topics that do not involve political, religious, hate, or inflammatory posts. Any such posts will be deleted. Spam posting applies here too..

Moderator: Ken Berry

Re: Introduce yourself to other members in this thread.

Postby Michael2252 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:17 pm

Hello I just purchased Corel Paint Shop ProX8. Since I ama beginner I will and have read the tutorials. However cannot download photos from Facebook or internet. I'll keep trying. Thank you
Michael2252

operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit

Postby AfterShot » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:49 am

Hello,

I'm still on the fence with which software I want to invest in. I have been playing around with friends' software to get a feel or a couple of different ones. I'm here I guess in case I have any questions. Looks like a pretty knowledgeable group to consult. I look forward to speaking with all of you and getting to know the software a little better.
AfterShot

32bit or 64bit: 32 Bit

Postby photolouis » Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:23 am

I've been using PaintShop since way way back (version 4 maybe?). Started using Aftershot when it first came out and finally started shooting RAW as a result. Now I've been experimenting with VideoStudio. I've turned a lot of photographers on to Aftershot as an alternative to subscription based software. Let's hope that is a trend that dies a slow death.
photolouis

operating_system: Windows 8

Postby kelklope » Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:00 pm

Hi

I am new to Corel Products, I have VideoStudio x7 and Paintshop Pro x6 and will upgrade soon. I was using Serif products prior to these purchases.

I don't always find time to do as much as I want with them but watching the tutorials and playing with them. I own a Nikon 5300 which is not getting much use at the moment either but now that spring is now in Australia that should change, winter was wet and cold and no fun at all so didn't take many pics or vids.
kelklope

System_Drive: B
ram: 2GB
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1TO

Postby algeriano » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:11 am

Hi guys!, I'm Ayoub, Canadian, working off-shore on drilling rigs and just turned 31! :?
I discovered this forum just because I was looking for some troubleshooting on VS11+, so, I thought to sign in and look for solutions: If I cannot, I'll ask you all! :D
algeriano

ram: 4GB
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 120GB

Postby zebios1 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:31 pm

Posting a hello as a newbie to the forum.

I am a long time user of Paint Shop Pro and recently adopted Movie Factory as my choice for DVD software (tired of constant issues with Roxio).

I must say (think Martin Short) ... that I am really impressed with Movie Factory. Installed and running without any issue.

First time I can say that about any software.

If the Corel folks browse this forum ... congrats on a great product.

I'm glad to join the family.
zebios1

operating_system: Windows 8.1

Postby plombier » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:09 pm

Hi, I'm from Belgium, I'm 35 and I'm new to video editing. I bought my first camera this summer and I love to edit video! I tried Cyberlink Power Director and Ulead Video Studio and I finally chose Video Studio. I find it more stable and less demanding on my poor CPU!
plombier

operating_system: Windows 8.1
ram: 4GB

Postby ChungCB126 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:20 pm

Hi everybody!
I'm Chung.
I come from Vietnam
Now, i live in Hanoi Capital and I work for DKT Technology JSC.
https://www.dktmedia.vn/
Phòng khám Kim Mã - địa chi vàng uy tín chuyên các bệnh về gan!
Chữa bệnh gan hiệu quả, nhanh chóng với: thuốc đông y chữa gan nhiễm mỡ, các thuốc điều trị viêm gan b cấp tính đặc trị và loại thuốc chữa viêm gan b tốt nhất
ChungCB126

System_Drive: E

Postby tonyfernandez » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:08 pm

Hi,

I'm a newbie here. Still learning about this forum. Hope I'll be able to contribute in the near future. 8)
Discover phen375 real reviews on mrphen375.com.
tonyfernandez

operating_system: Windows 7 Home Premium
32bit or 64bit: 32 Bit

Postby suziart » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:10 pm

Hi, I'm Suzanne Cerny. I had a copy on disc of Corel Painter X and it informed me on computer after several years of useage, that it had a corrupted file and couldn't be opened. I tried the disk and it was the same thing. So I discarded it. Then I learned from someone on my nextdoor.com group that I could go into my backup harddrive and find the Corel app and relaunch. I would like some advice on that. I have the app here from the back up. Shall I just double click it and see if I can relaunch since 2008?
suziart

operating_system: Mac
System_Drive: N/A
ram: 2 G
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Mac ook Pro and Mac Mini
Corel programs: Painter X

Postby Ron P. » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:17 pm

suziart wrote:Hi, I'm Suzanne Cerny. I had a copy on disc of Corel Painter X and it informed me on computer after several years of useage, that it had a corrupted file and couldn't be opened. I tried the disk and it was the same thing. So I discarded it. Then I learned from someone on my nextdoor.com group that I could go into my backup harddrive and find the Corel app and relaunch. I would like some advice on that. I have the app here from the back up. Shall I just double click it and see if I can relaunch since 2008?

Welcome to this forum :)
First this particular web board deals primarily with the photography and video programs and not the illustrative. Corel does have community forums for programs like Corel Painter and Corel Draw, which would be frequented by those knowledgeable in those programs.
That said you certainly should try to see if the program will install. If your operating system has changed over the years, the version you have may no longer function correctly. I've ran into this with an older version of Coreldraw Graphics Suite. Nothing that can be done, it's just that new versions are released and manufacturers must stop providing support for such old programs since it's no longer cost effective for them.

Next you may have to call Corel support to be able to activate it once it is installed. I know, since I currently have Painter 11 installed, and to make that happen I had to get the activation from Corel. You will need your serial number, do you have that? If not did you register your program with Corel? If so then you can go to their website, log-in, it should open in your accounts page. Look for and click on "Your Registered Products", and you will be able to retrieve your serial number.
Ron Petersen, Web Board Administrator
Ron P.
Site Admin

motherboard: Hewlett-Packard 2AF3 1.0
processor: 3.40 gigahertz Intel Core i7-4770
ram: 16GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 645
sound_card: NVIDIA High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 4TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: 1-HP 27" IPS, 1-Sanyo 21" TV/Monitor
Corel programs: VS5,8.9,10-X5,PSP9-X8,CDGS-9,X4,Painter

Postby Ken Berry » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:17 pm

FYI the Painter community can be found at http://painterfactory.com/ Note that it will require a new log-in for you.
Ken Berry
Ken Berry
Site Admin

motherboard: Intel NUC7i7BNB J31145-306
processor: Core i7-7567U + 32 GB Optane
ram: 8 GB
Video Card: Intel Iris Plus 650
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 2TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Kogan 28" 4K 3840 x 2160
Corel programs: VS 2018; PSP 2018; MS3D; ASP 3; DRAW 17

Postby onlymarilyn » Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:27 pm

Hello everyone :D , my name is Marilyn Allen and I am an artist. My sister and I have a group on Yuku and we have been there since 2008. I joined this group in hopes to be able to find answers to questions that arise in my group. I also have issues with PSP and am hoping to locate the right board to ask a question. I am retired and have a hubby that isn't well and also my bff of 20 years has been staying with me for the past year due to cervical cancer. So I spend a lot of time running them to appointments which makes my psp'ing time very sparse and there for precious. Thanks for letting me join (although the application was grueling heehee :lol: ). I hope everyone had a fantazmo Christmas and that you all are looking forward to a bright new year!! :o
hugs
Marilyn
MARILYN ALLEN
onlymarilyn

operating_system: Windows 7 Home Premium
motherboard: Dell Inc. 0C2KJT A00
processor: 3.07 gigahertzIntel Core i3 540
ram: 500 mb
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series
sound_card: Realtek HD Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 739.50 GB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Dell SR2320
Corel programs: 18

Postby crochet4all » Thu May 11, 2017 7:31 am

Hello, I am new here. I live in California and unemployed.

I love psp. Originally, my mom bought psp and could not understand it, so she gave it to me. She just wanted it to fix old pictures, so I fix them for her and got into a few tagging groups and making tags and banners for the fun of it.

My other hobby is crocheting. I made a lot of blankets and things and I give them to those who are poor. I used to volunteer a lot in the past until places started to close. I am one of the few who like to help others. Now a days, its different. There is very little volunteering happening.

I am pretty quite. Not much goes on here. crochet
crochet4all

ram: 16 GB
Video Card: Nividia GTX Geforce 970
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 3 TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: HP W2082a
Corel programs: PSP 7 Anniversary, PSPP X3, PSP X7 Ultim

Postby codewar65 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:44 am

Oop. Sorry. Didn't see the first post in here. Haha.

Anyway, first time visiter to these forums. Long time Corel user (since version 1.0 on Windows for Workgroups).
codewar65

motherboard: ASUS Z87-PRO
processor: intel Core i7-4770 3.4gHz 8 core
ram: 16gB
Video Card: nVidia GeForce GTX 1070
sound_card: Onboardl RealTek and nVidia HDMI
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 500gB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: AoC e2752Vh, AoC G2460PQU, NEC 660
Corel programs: Corel CorelDRAW Graphic Suite X6