NEW! PaintShop Pro 2019

Is it possible release a x6 hotfix for my mum?

Re: Is it possible release a x6 hotfix for my mum?

Postby CANADA » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:23 pm

Hi "Canuck",

Yes I did, I wrote a letter to Microsoft and never heard back. Actually, I am not surprised that I never heard back from Microsoft, are you?

So in answer to your question, yes I did complain to Microsoft also.

I realize that the Windows 7 Microsoft update also stopped other programs from working, not just Corel. However, when I checked online as to which programs were involved, most of those companies were already putting out Hotfixes for all of their versions involved, not just a few versions.

Just so you don't feel like you got away with this issue Microsoft..... SHAME ON YOU ALSO MICROSOFT FOR CREATING THIS ISSUE IN THE FIRST PLACE.....

Corel only provided a Hotfix for Video Studio - X7, X8, and X9, to fix the Windows 7 Microsoft update and Corel Video Studio - X Versions not working issue. They did not provide a Hotfix for any versions under Video Studio - X7.

If it hadn't been for the following people "dawncold", "Brian Cee", & "GeoVa" figuring out different ways for us to fix our Video Studio - X Versions lower then Video Studio - X7 version, we would still be out of luck trying to run our VS - X programs or if we were running them, we would be dealing with an unsecure computer. That is why I not only say SHAME ON YOU TO MICROSOFT BUT ALSO TO COREL.....

Also, I realize this is not a Corel Website or Forum, however just in case someone does come from Corel just to see what is happening, they will see my post, hopefully. So in other words I have been here before "Canuck", I hope this satisfies your comments to me.

Take Care & Stay Safe,

Ross aka CANADA

8) :lol: :wink: 8) :lol:
CANADA

operating_system: Windows 7 Professional
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: ASUS Z87 Deluxe
processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU-3.50 GHz-Dual Quad Core
ram: 16 Gigs
Video Card: GeForce GTX 770 - Memory-2048 MB - GDDR-5
sound_card: Sound Blaster ZxR Sound Card.
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 9000 GIGS
Monitor/Display Make & Model: SAMSUNG SYNC MASTER BX 2350
Corel programs: VIDEO STUDIO X5-6-7-8 & 9

Postby labdude » Sun May 22, 2016 7:55 am

I just registered to thank Brian for his fix to this issue. He has enabled us to use software that at the time that issues emerged was only about two years old, and has possibly meant that we may continue our relationship with Corel despite them failing to address this issue (if I had had to buy a new product to get around this, there was no way I was going to pay Corel). Having paid for versions x3, x4 and x6, I had every intention to continue to update after we do our next hardware upgrade, but having my son suddenly unable to save or render videos and be told that x6 was too old to provide support for has changed how I feel about Corel as a company.
labdude

motherboard: Intel Corporation DQ965GF AAD41676-305
processor: 1.87 gigahertz Intel Core 2 6300
ram: 2.0GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9500 G
sound_card: High Definition Audio Device
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1.8TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: ACER AL1917
Corel programs: VideoStudio X6, X5, X3

Postby Kisa » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:58 am

BrianCee,

Thanks so much for the download. I scoured the internet for a fix. I kept coming across mention of three Windows updates everyone had luck with, but two weren't installed on my PC. I went through last month's updates and uninstalled them all to no avail.

Thanks again!!!!

BrianCee wrote:lets see if this works cantinoro

download and unzip the attached file to get the .dll file

I would strongly advise that first you rename the existing MUIHelper.dll file in your X5 program files to MUIHelper_old.dll (just in case we have a problem and you need to revert)

copy the file from my download into the X5 program folder and try to open X5

MUIHelper.zip

Kisa

operating_system: Windows 7 Home Premium
motherboard: ASUS Z97-PRO
processor: Intel Core i5-4690K

Postby Italy_1950 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:28 pm

I'm Italian, I' m sorry if my English is a translation.
To succession crush of my HD, has had to install again the SO (windows 7 Home Premium) and also VideoStudio Advantage X5 PRO Ultimate. Actually to a few weeks ago I have always worked with VS without any problem, I am now me in the same situation from You analyzed.
VideoStudio refuses to depart and to the opening of uan signaling toward Microsoft I receive an answer to ask an updating to Corel and Corel he/she answers me that the purchased product is not in maintenance anymore.
Already in 2014 I had had to suffer the same situation (produced by me purchased really in the 2014), but online I had found luckily the solution of the problem.
Today, thanks to Your explanation I have resolved partly the problem, that is VS regularly departs, but language of the menu, instead of being in Italian it is in English. Very probably the file MUIHelper has in the commands it addresses toward a file that contains the language of installation, in this case the English of Your VS X7. Does it have an idea on as I can resolve this problem? For the time being I try to install VS for X7 in Italian and to recover MUIHelper hoping that I/you/he/she am in Italian.
I hope more in one intuition of yours that in my attempt. Thanks
Italy_1950

motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
processor: Pentium R Dual Core CPU E550 2 80GHz
ram: 4 GB
Video Card: Intel R G41 Express Chipset
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1 TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: BenQ G900W (Analog)
Corel programs: VideoStudio PROX5 Ultimate

Postby lata » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:29 am

Hi Italy_1950

I do not have any other solutions to your language issue.

Hopefully installing CVSX7 Italian version will allow you to fix CVSX5
Otherwise try installing CVSX9 Trial

By the way I ran X5 which gave me an offer of 75% discount
View Corel Guide Messages for details

Good luck.
Regards Trevor
lata
Site Admin

operating_system: Windows 10
motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC A88XM-A USB 3 1 Rev X.0x
processor: 4.10 gigahertz AMD A10-7890K Radeon R7
ram: 16 gb
Video Card: on board
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 500 SSD
Monitor/Display Make & Model: LG W2242 [Monitor]
Corel programs: Video Studio, PSP, PI X3, MS3D

Postby Italy_1950 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:14 pm

Thanks for the answer. I have tried to resolve the problem installing x7 in intaliano, saved MUIHelper, but not resolved the problem. The dll evidently launches toward other file that it manages the language. I have tried to analyze the file, only of few Kb, but impossible to understand what the passage is. The strange one is that the help introduces him in Italian.I will try to install x9 in Italian with the hope to resolve the problem. I have many doubts. Also I have received an apoposta to make the passage to X9 to the cost of around $ 20. desirable, but I am afraid that my computer is not suitable.straight me some problems to change computer. And' unbelievable a file of few Kb creates all these problems and Corel it doesn't deign him to resolve him/it. I have removed the whole files of updating windows that could create problems. The comic thing that Corel had asked me, a few months ago, to help to fight her/it the piracy, but who defends us from their piracy? Ok boys, thanks again, if there will be novelty I will be happy to communicate him/it to you. Next footstep opening ticket toward Corel and then opening Ticket toward Corel and then.......again opening ticket.......As Scarlett O'Hara says "Everything, is later tomorrow another day!".
Italy_1950

Postby Italy_1950 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:11 pm

HI boys
Installed X9 of test, but it structures it doesn't have file MUIHelper. Or system is completely changed or the programs of test are not as those definitive. I will still look for. TY
Italy_1950

Postby Italy_1950 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:50 pm

Hi boys.
I have opened new ticket toward Corel, but we are still in a phase of rubber wall. I have performed the indications of "Geova" of April 19 and I must say that they work, even if my menu remains in English.I start to have the doubt that I/you/he/she am a tied up problem to W7 and I have opened a question on a forum of Microsoft. We will see. The solution of Gioeva is interesting, the filter of Microsoft of MUIHelper is not tied up to the content but to the date of the file and this strengthens the tied up doubt really to Microsoft. I now try to eliminate the Italian language and to insert it. "What strength is with me". Hello
Italy_1950

Is it possibe to have a MUIHelper.dll for Traditional Chines

Postby denisHK » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:06 pm

I have tried the MUIHelper.dll. I can launch the CVS X6, but the interface change into ENGLISH.
Would anyone can provide a MUIHelper.dll file for the Traditional Chinese version, please?
denisHK

motherboard: INTEL
processor: Intel i7
ram: 4GB
Video Card: BUILD IN
sound_card: BUILD IN
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: LG
Corel programs: COREL VIDEO STUDIO X6

Postby lata » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:50 pm

Hi

The MUIHelper.dll fix is an unofficial solution found by one of the forums users, copied from X7 I believe.
Unless you can find a user with Video Studio X7, X8 or maybe X9 Chinese version then you may find the correct file.
Certainly my versions are in English, sorry....
Regards Trevor
lata
Site Admin

operating_system: Windows 10
motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC A88XM-A USB 3 1 Rev X.0x
processor: 4.10 gigahertz AMD A10-7890K Radeon R7
ram: 16 gb
Video Card: on board
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 500 SSD
Monitor/Display Make & Model: LG W2242 [Monitor]
Corel programs: Video Studio, PSP, PI X3, MS3D

Postby bardsleyh » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:46 pm

Just a note of thanks to the contributors to this thread who have saved me a lot of work in identifying that the X7 hotfix worked on X6; I much prefer the output I get from X6 so glad to be able to continue to use it on Windows 7.
bardsleyh

motherboard: AsusTek A88XM-PLUS
processor: AMD A8-5600K APU
ram: 8Gb
Video Card: AMD Radeon HD
sound_card: On board
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1.5 Tb
Monitor/Display Make & Model: ASUS PB238
Corel programs: VideoStudio X7

Postby timjwilson » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:51 pm

Hey Folks;

I'm late to the party. I've been running X4 satisfactorily for years but suddenly hit this wall. Luckily I'm lazy with running W updates but happened to buy a new laptop W7pro which I tried updating but it remained stuck on checking for updates. Out of curiosity I checked my desktop that I use for video stuff (microscope interfaced via Sony HD/firewire) and sure enough it was stuck on checking for updates. I found the solution to that. (If anyone has the issue, just ask) However after updating of course X4 would not open. Removing the 2 KB files mentioned in the other thread did not work so I had to do a computer recovery. Now I found the fix in this thread after downloading X9.5

I contacted Corel to no avail but had noticed that X9 was on sale for $25 from when X4 was opening. I contacted to ask if I could have X9 and X4 operating on the same machine and if there was a backup disc. First they gave incorrect info but finally straightened it out the next day. By the time the email thread was finished the price was up to $50. They just said the other price was no longer available. I bit it and paid, downloaded and burned a copy for backup. Now I've got to learn to use it and hope it is stable.

Corel support has sure gone downhill. Anyone else miss Ulead?
timjwilson

motherboard: Asus rampage 3
processor: intel i7 3.07 GHz
ram: 24.0 GB
Video Card: Nvidia
sound_card: onboard
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 800 GB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Asus 24" LED HDMI
Corel programs: x9.5 vs

Postby timjwilson » Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:09 am

dawncold wrote:Thanks lata,

I have extracted content of x7 hotfix, it's a MUIhelper.dll

Replaced x6 old file, it worked, but maybe I lost translation function, it always use English language.

Just to confirm it fixed X4. Thank you.
timjwilson

motherboard: Asus rampage 3
processor: intel i7 3.07 GHz
ram: 24.0 GB
Video Card: Nvidia
sound_card: onboard
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 800 GB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Asus 24" LED HDMI