NEW! PaintShop Pro 2019

Can we Upload?

CD & DVD Picture Show

Can we Upload?

Postby xxKerryxx » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:03 am

Are we able to upload our DVD show onto the web, like for Utube?

In fact - are we able to get it to a suitable state so that we can email it? And would the person at the other end need the same programme to view it, or can it be viewed through Windows media player?
xxKerryxx

Postby sj1805 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:48 pm

Any videos that you create on your hard drive can be uploaded to You Tube or one of the other similar sites. There are some listed here:
Members Samples
sj1805

operating_system: Windows XP Pro
System_Drive: E
32bit or 64bit: 32 Bit
motherboard: Equium P200-178
processor: Intel Pentium Dual-Core Processor T2080
ram: 2 GB
Video Card: Intel 945 Express
sound_card: Intel GMA 950
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1160 GB

Um Yes...

Postby xxKerryxx » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:35 am

I understand that videos can be uploaded onto the web.....

But not quite an answer to my question.

If I am using Ulead CD & DVD PictureShow 4, what must I do to get that into a format to send over the net (or upload to utube type of host)?
xxKerryxx

Postby sjj1805 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:03 am

On the Theme Tab (2)
then on the slide show tab there is an option to save the slideshow as a video file.

sjj1805

System_Drive: C

Postby xxKerryxx » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:14 am

Thank you.. I'm with you on that, makes sense.

Now - I have a new problem and this one is upsetting me :( I made up a brilliant slideshow from photos from an overseas trip to Nepal, showing the people of Kathmandu, the hill tribes of the Everest region and then some of the Himalayan mountains - including Everest itself. My production goes for about 35 minutes.

Hoping to email it to somebody I converted it through to a video file. I think I might have gone through an export option(?) It's now in a version that will play through Windows Media Player, but I no longer have the slideshow in the Ulead programme. Can I get it back into there?

Before I converted through to the media player, I burnt of a couple of DVDs, but I can't get them through the Ulead programme either. I was hoping I could copy it in, so I had the file back for further editing.

So it's help - is there a way to get it back to original form? I still have all the photos, but really don't want to start from scratch again. It has taken me about 30 hours thus far.
xxKerryxx

Postby michaeltee » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:35 pm

...I made up a brilliant slideshow from photos ...I converted it through to a video file ...I no longer have the slideshow in the Ulead programme. Can I get it back into there?

You can only re-edit your DVDPS4 shows from saved project files. If you didn't save a project file your only option would be to create a new show inserting your saved video file "as is". This assumes that your saved file is in a DVDPS4 compatible input format such as MPEG1, MPEG2, or AVI You could of course add additional video clips to the same show. Alternatively you could use your saved video clip as a "first play" video and create the rest of your new show using static photos.

As a suggestion, save project files incrementally as you work on new presentations. Also save your media (photos, video clips, audio files) and keep them in the same location on your computer. This way, when you reopen a project for editing, DVDPS4 will be able to link with your production media.
michaeltee
Advisor

operating_system: Windows 8.1
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: Hewlett-Packard 2B17
processor: AMD A8-7600 Kaveri 28nm
ram: 16.0 GB DC
Video Card: AMD R7 Graphics
sound_card: IDT High Definition Audio + Breakaway Pipeline
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 4TB SATA 3
Monitor/Display Make & Model: HP 2310m
Corel programs: Installed - PSPX9 PSP2018 VSX10

Postby sjj1805 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:53 am

When you put pictures into a video creation tool such as CD&DVD Picture show, they cease to be pictures but become videos, therefore you cannot get the pictures back out of the program. The program not only converted the pictures into videos it also resized them to fit the chosen video format
typically PAL 720 x 576 or NTSC 720 x 480. They will also be reduced in quality so despite that 5 megapixel camera you used to take them with, they are now more like 1 megapixel (or less - cannot recall the exact value).

The only option you have if you have lost the originals is to use a program that enables you to capture frames from a video and you would have to grab each "picture" one at a time.
sjj1805

Postby xxKerryxx » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:54 am

The program not only converted the pictures into videos it also resized them to fit the chosen video format

I was saving all the way through.. I'm really disappointed that it didn't leave the original file as it was and just save the converted one as a new one. I did attempt to save an extra save-as for safety but it didn't show after the conversion.

Now - here's the really weird thing - I found the Ulead file, the full copy of photos plus music in the recycle bin. There is absolutely NO WAY I would have sent it there. So how do you think this happened?

I've been able to return it to it's rightful place, and can view through Ulead. However, i tried to burn another copy off it and the programme crashes as soon as I press 'burn dvd'. What's that about?
xxKerryxx

Postby sjj1805 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:04 am

xxKerryxx wrote:[....... I'm really disappointed that it didn't leave the original file as it was and just save the converted one as a new one. .....

One of us (probably me) isn't interpreting the other correctly.
When you add photographs to CD&DVD Picture Show it does not change the picture that is on your hard drive, it uses that picture to create a video.
The original remains untouched on your hard drive.

If you try to extract the picture from the video created by CD&DVD Picture show it is not THE original on your hard drive, it is a video created from that image!
sjj1805

Postby xxKerryxx » Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:52 am

Yes, still have all the original photos. It was the slideshow file that I meant - the completed slideshow which I had created.

When I converted it to "save video file" I had hoped it would still leave me with the slideshow that I had created - and made a new file of the converted one.

Still don't understand why I found that slideshow in my recycle bin. Does it kick it out once the conversion is done?
xxKerryxx

This is really good

Postby footballer » Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:06 pm

Didn't realize I can do so much, I got a lot of tips from these postings. Ta
footballer

Postby michaeltee » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:50 pm

xxKerryxx wrote:Yes, still have all the original photos. It was the slideshow file that I meant - the completed slideshow which I had created.

When I converted it to "save video file" I had hoped it would still leave me with the slideshow that I had created - and made a new file of the converted one.

Still don't understand why I found that slideshow in my recycle bin. Does it kick it out once the conversion is done?

"Save Video File" and "Save As" are independent functions, meaning one does not have any effect on the other. When you save a video file, DVDPS4 simply creates a video clip of your slideshow. When you perform a "Save As", your slideshow data is saved as an editable Project File. Before you close a DVDPS4 session, always perform a "Save As" and give the project a new UNIQUE file name EACH TIME. For example; "My Project Version 12" and then the next time, "My Project Version 13", etc. Saving projects with a new unique file name (each time you "save as") allows you to revert back to previous stages of your project if necessary. You should also use the "Save As" feature at intervals (perhaps every 15 minutes or so) while you're working on a project. This way, if DVDPS4 crashes you can reopen the last project file thereby minimizing the amount of re-editing time. Once your project is complete you can manually delete your old project files if you wish. As to your recycle bin question, DVDPS4 does not delete project files or video files on it's own.
michaeltee
Advisor

operating_system: Windows 8.1
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: Hewlett-Packard 2B17
processor: AMD A8-7600 Kaveri 28nm
ram: 16.0 GB DC
Video Card: AMD R7 Graphics
sound_card: IDT High Definition Audio + Breakaway Pipeline
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 4TB SATA 3
Monitor/Display Make & Model: HP 2310m