NEW! PaintShop Pro 2019

Free composition/movie for C3DPS

3D Video Products

Moderator: rwernyei

Free composition/movie for C3DPS

Postby klowther » Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:33 pm

This is a movie showing a newspaper being thrown onto the front step of a house and bursting open to reveal its front page. I created it completely from scratch, so there are no worries about copyright infringment, etc. I'm making it available to anyone that wants it for whatever use they desire.

You can get it from my freespaces site at:
http://klowther.freespaces.com/index.html

There are 2 links on this page. The first link is to a .wmv file that was created using the Cool3D project from the .zip file. You can download that to see if you are interested in obtaining the .zip file. The second link is a .zip file containing the Cool3D project, a readme file and a .ufo file that was used to create the newspaper front page (requires PhotoImpact).
Just right click on one of the links and select 'Save Target As' to download the file.

I have also uploaded these files to my Yahoo briefcase, however, access to them is very unpredictable. You may get a lot of 'page not found' errors (I don't know why). You can access them here:

http://briefcase.yahoo.com/lowtherken

Once there, click on the Cool3D folder. There should be 2 files named NewspaperMovie.wmv and NewspaperMovie.zip. The .wmv was created from the cool3d project contained in the .zip file, so you can view the wmv to determine if you are interested in downloading the zip file. Just right click on either file and select 'Save Target As' to download it. The .ufo file containing the newspaper front page is included in the .zip (requires Photoimpact to use).

Note: this project only works properly with Cool3D production studio. It will load in Cool3D 3.5 but will yield incorrect results.

Enjoy.

- Ken
EDIT by Forum Admin. 27Nov2009 sjj1805
New link to Ken's site and the download mentioned here
klowther

Postby jmarkt » Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:44 pm

Ken - Nice work on the delivery of the newspaper, and thanks for sharing.

Can the newspaper be edited??? Is PhotoImpact required for editing? I realize PhotoImpact is unique to Ulead, but will any other image editing program work as well, i.e. PhotoShop or PS Elements, etc. or can it be saved in a format other than "ufo"??

Thanks again for the effort and offering to the Board users.
jmarkt

Postby klowther » Sat Apr 02, 2005 5:01 pm

PhotoImpact is only required if you want to start with the front page that is already supplied with the project. I used PhotoImpact to create the .ufo and then, from that, saved the image as a .bmp for use as an image texture for the newspaper object.

You can use any image editor to create a .bmp or .jpg for the front page. When you have your image the way you want it, use it as the texture image on the newspaper object in the project.

Hope that helps.

- Ken
klowther

Postby jmarkt » Sat Apr 02, 2005 5:55 pm

Thanks for the quick reply, Ken. I understand the part about adding a "bmp" as texture; I just didn't realize you could change the texture AFTER the paper was unfolded! This 3D stuff is hard on an old man trying to learn new tricks!

I get it now - thanks for the help.
jmarkt

Postby OinkyPig » Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:05 am

Great project !

You are doing pretty neat stuff with it.
Just a quick question, you learnt it all by yourself or you got a book\DVD that taught you?

I have the Production Studio but what you are doing is already pretty amazing when compared to my "minor" animation that I do.
Any coaching you had :)
OinkyPig

Postby Wolfy215 » Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:33 pm

ken,
great job!!!!!!
i'm sorry i'm sooo stupid about this.
there is no .c3d file, but a file for photo imact to edit
the cover, make a texture to wrap around what the movie. if i had .c3d file i could wrap it around the paper.
maybe i'd understand better if i had photo imppact?
joe
Wolfy215

Postby htchien » Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:24 pm

Nice job! :)

H.T.
Ted (H.T.)

The message is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights. For official tech support please contact Corel Tech Support.

My YouTube channel
htchien
Advisor

operating_system: Mac
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit

Postby klowther » Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:46 am

OinkyPig wrote:Just a quick question, you learnt it all by yourself or you got a book\DVD that taught you?

I don't have any formal training materials. I learned by trial and error and by examining the examples that came with C3DPS.

Wolfy215 wrote:there is no .c3d file, but a file for photo imact to edit
the cover, make a texture to wrap around what the movie. if i had .c3d file i could wrap it around the paper.
maybe i'd understand better if i had photo imppact?

You can create your own .c3d file. Import the .uez file contained in the zip file into the easypalette compositions/movies section. This should create a new thumbnail for the newspaper movie. Double click on it to create a new project from the imported movie. You can then save that as a .c3d file.

Hope that helps.

- Ken
klowther

Return to Cool 3D / Cool 3DPS